Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the September Exercise Thread

Hey everyone, it's a hot one here, but we went for a bike ride with my son and he pulled the trailer on his bike with my granddaughter, all along the lake.  We stopped and she threw rocks in the lake, it was a very nice ride.

Now watching football and baseball.  Yesterday was quiet here, I was afraid I had forgotten to check in but nobody did!  Where ya'all at??   

Total gym was yesterday and walking.  

And you??

Honored Contributor

@bopper - Hi!  Waving to you!  I see that your BIL's funeral was Friday.  Hope that you are doing ok.  I haven't done any exercise since last Wednesday.  Just haven't been able to find the motivation.  Will force myself tomorrow no matter what.  Saturday I was gone most of the day out of town to visit a friend.  We meet halfway between our respective homes and have lunch.  We always meet at the same place and get there for lunch and we chat until we could stay and order dinner!  LOL  I always joke that one day we'll have to do that.  We haven't seen each other in a long time so we had a lot of catching up to do!  

Today has been very lazy.  Grocery store and thats it.  Doing laundry, watching football, and fell asleep.  Beautiful, sunny, cool day here.  Can feel Fall in the air.

Honored Contributor

GM, everyone.  I had a semi peaceful weekend.  Weather was great.

I say semi peaceful because my father was 'missing' for a day.  As I've said, none of us are super close to him so don't talk to him daily.  While I don't talk to him often but I talk to him the most.  He will be 91 in November.  I told him a long time ago that vforgiven him for his past transgressions because he is my father.  Long story but turns out that he had driven himself to the VA hospital.  One of my sisters figured it out cause he had done it before.    This is such a long story that I will leave it at that.  @Laura14, I think I told you in the past that all families have their issues, 😂.  If you don't laugh, you will cry.

My Saturday Zumba class was excellent and I even did a walk afterwards.  My yesterday's WW weigh in showed the 'rewards' of my month long bd celebration, 😂.  I had to pay $14 for being over goal.  So this is going to be redemption week.  I'm five pounds over but I only need to loose three of those since I'm allowed to be two pounds over.  Did I say ONLY three pounds?  Getting of watching that scale but I will hate to have my clothes get tight.

Gonna get blood drawn this morning.  This is one of the things I have to do to get further to Volunteer status at the hospital.  Then they have to do a background check to see make sure I'm not on the ten most wanted list, 😂.  In November, I have to take a mandatory flu shot.  I'm hesitant about that.  It used to make my mother sick so I've never wanted to take one.

Senior Cardio and Strength & Motion (cardio/weights) this morning after the blood drawing.  I guess that will be ok to do.  That's the best for my schedule.  Have a great day everyone.

Ohhh, @bopper, did you buy the six quart Instant Pot that was the TSV Saturday?  I passed because I just couldn't justify it.  No space and I have other appliances that do what it does.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

I have one of those absent fathers @Mmsfoxxie.  You have more knowledge of yours than I do mine.  In fact, the doctor asked me about him at my appointment last week and I had to say he'd been "missing" for 25 years now.  You're right about just letting it go and finding the smile somewhere else.

I did my cardio watching my college football team pull out a last second win on Saturday.  I was so excited!!  My alma mater gets a good football team once every decade maybe so I did a lot of jumping around and screaming so I'm counting it because other than that I was a slug.  LOL

I have my last annual check up today.  I am so glad I can get away from them for another year.  I'm not a fan on the way the medical community has behaved in my part of the woods lately.  I really understand why people just don't go.  In fact, they usually live the longest.  My first dog never saw a vet and lived almost 20 years.  My second one hit every annual shot and monthly heartworm pill and she ended up dying early of something no one could figure out.  I'm beginning to think keeping the doctor away may be a good thing.  Just enjoy your life and don't go looking for trouble.

I hope everyone has a good Monday.  @bopper still thinking of you and your family.  Heart    

Honored Contributor

Happy Monday everyone!

Ran 3.5mi/44.15min on the treadmill.  Husband wants to get a 28 in computer big iPad thing for the garage.  I'm using a reg size iPad.....just bored of the routine....he thinks it will motivate him to work out.  We shall see....

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

GM everybody!  It was about 91 yesterday, so they say, and I couldn't tell!  It must have been dry.....it seemed like low 80s, comfortable.

@MickD, hubby might be right.  Sometimes a change will motivate you.  Most people don't naturally 'love' working out.  I know I don't.  Right now it a habit.

UPS is supposed to deliver a package for me at 10:30 am that needs a signature.  Now if I don't go to my classes this morning and they come this afternoon like they normally do, I'm going to be very upset 😭!  Tomorrow I won't be home for a re-delivery.  Such a big problem, 😂!

Well...if I go to my health center, I will do Body & Sculpt, Flexibility and maybe Zumba.  Tuesday is one of my favorite days, and hate 😒 not to go.  If I stay home to be here for my package, I'm gonna push myself to workout here at home at least an hour and a half.

Hope everyone is ok 👌 and coping with life's stumbling blocks as they appear.  Enjoy 😊 your day!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Did Power and Pound today.  

Update on the crew:

Nudie was nude again from the waist up.  I think she finally noticed towards the end of class because she left early.

Mrs. Rudeness decided to actually join the class today and grab a weight bar and do most of the moves.  She also dimmed the neon which was a bad thing because I could have used it to wake up today in class.

Adonis actually showed up in the parking lot with me at the same time.  He sprinted into the building.  I think he was in mirror withdrawal and needed to go from his car side view to the larger picture one inside pronto.   

It never fails when I have a little twinge that they pick the routine that aggravates that twinge the most.  I modified some but still did my firefly pushups and ab crunches to squats so I'm feeling pretty good about my bad self this morning. 

I have also been promising myself to switch it up.  I can tell I am not improving anymore and my body is used to what I'm doing.  I hate the gym at night because you can't park so I can't even start some of the old classes I miss. 

I set up a lot of my fitness stuff in the new place and I am going to get started with that.  Time to shake it up here too. 

Have a good Tuesday all.      

Respected Contributor

Hey everyone, today I did Total gym Circuits and drills with added abs and a dog walk.  It's misting now so glad I went earlier.  We really cooled down, we're in the 50's, yesterday 85..I think we're in for  doozy of a winter.  Geese are flying south in their big V's.

@Mmsfoxxie I didn't get the Instapot, I also couldn't justify it, I have very little storage space and I'm not sure I'd use it all that much although everyone that has one or 3, yes 3, say it's the best thing they ever bought.  I enjoy putting meals together though, like the steps and this I'd just throw in and watch it cook.  I think for working people and busy moms it would be a very good thing.   

Sorry about your dad, that has to be very hard.   My dad will be 91 in December and my sisters are saying they think it will be his last Christmas, just from things he's said to them and he's trying to get things decluttered in the house, his sight is so bad he's almost blind but this legs and arms and brain work pretty good, so I keep telling him he's very lucky he's still in his own house by himself.  We all would feel better if he would agree to go to assisted living where they can help him if he forgets his medicine or falls but he said he doesn't want too.  The other day he was on the step ladder, not a good thing as shaky as he is.

Thanks everyone for thinking about us during this time of grief, still struggling with it.. Some more than others, just sayin.... Family can be strange....not shedding a tear...I don't understand it,  but I am happy I had a good relationship with my BIL....and I do wear my feelings on my sleeve,  I admit it.

Heading to get groceries when hubby gets home, tomorow morning is 100% rain and I don't like heading out in rain.

MickD maybe hubby thinks he'll be more motivated with a bigger screen.  I wish we could workout in the garage or outside in the yard but our weather is crazy and I can't lug my Total gym around, that's sucker is heavy!

Nomless how are you ?   We miss you!

Laura- sounds like class is about the usual strange people!     Is your place getting in in order now and feeling more like home to you?

Dr.Kelli I heard CO is so hot, 90's most days, that's way hot for me but you don't have the humidity we have, it's been like 94%,,,,thats' so sticky.

Judy how are you doing, do you have any trips coming up?

My other BIL and his wife just flew to Finland, that would be a marvolus trip!

Have a good r

Honored Contributor

@bopper  Glad you are keeping busy.  I am still not in my new place.  Hope to do so at the end of the month.

My mother is currently in France where her grandmother was from.  Very cool seeing the pics of "home" 100 years later.  

Respected Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@bopper  Glad you are keeping busy.  I am still not in my new place.  Hope to do so at the end of the month.

My mother is currently in France where her grandmother was from.  Very cool seeing the pics of "home" 100 years later.  

I can't sign out, I keep getting this stupid sign saying Entity too large!  What the heck

Can't post without getting it either and have to use a "quote"....Thank you Laura