Honored Contributor

Re: Welcome to the September Exercise Thread

@DrKelli Gorgeous! Congratulations.

It was a bit slower today. Most of the newbies did not come back.

Adonis walked in and someone encouraged him to go to my side. She almost died but he decided to claim his usual space away from me so I let her live.

All increased weight and I got through it. Work out done. Have a great Thursday!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning everyone!  Well, if the anticipated rain came, it was light and in the middle of the night.  Hope no more came to O'Hare airport.  It was flooded Monday night and water had to be swept and or sucked out.

Did no exercising yesterday.  I went to a Volunteer Orientation at the hospital that I go to for some services.  I'm going to volunteer one day a week.

I've seen so many doctors this year!  Luckily, for minor things compared to some.  I've had tooth pain for several weeks but was trying to wait for my scheduled visit on 9-25.  Ibuprofen was making the pain almost go away, at least to a level of one.  Well, last night the ibuprofen didn't work and I was in angony.  Took more ibuprofen this morning with coffee and it's helping a little.  (I know it's not supposed to be taken on an empty stomach but I read that it works better that way.  Would never do it on a regular basis).  And my jaw is swollen which means abscess.  Hopefully, the dentist can see me today.  

@DrKelli, your floor is beautiful!  Nothing ventured, nothing gained girlfriend.  Definitely a pain that's worth it.  And that Zumba will come right back to you as you start your routine.

Boy, am I excited about starting the volunteering!  Hope I like it.  Have a great day everyone!  (Lol, never thought I'd be looking for things to fill my time).  Guess what?  I'm blessed and I know it!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Good Thursday to you, just finished my 14 day Challenge,   I actually finished it!  I am proud of myself.  I haven't finished a challenge before.   Now I will do a couple different workouts, and start the challenge again, I went up to level 7 on squats and 1 legged squats, level 7 for rows, and used my cyclo trainer for the cardio in place of the cardio jogging on the squat stand.  Then did Rosalie and Bruces Bodyblade routine.  Only 10 minute routine but baby you get those muscles quivering and I watch the timer and can't wait for it to be over before we move on to the next one!    I sure hope my arms get ripped with this.

I will be babysitting again this afternoon.  My little dear is coming over again.  Love her so much and my newest Grandson is 1 year old today!   Time goes so fast, I am so happy we were able to have a BD party for him here while they visited because now we can't attend the celebration in CO but we had him for a couple days here!  He started walking 4 days ago!!!  Yay!!!!

DrKelli your floor looks really nice.  I want to do something like that in place of my living room carpet which I wish I could just rip out but have no $ to do anything about it.  I do have a new kitchen sink and faucet being delivered today and I'm pretty jazzed about that.  My faucet is ****** and it takes 5 minutes to fill a bottle,,  ( well it seems like 5 minutes) and the sprayer has a leak in the hose so we have to lay it down in the sink or Niagra falls happens and trust me it's happened to me and the wall and the floor!  LOL

foxxie so cool you are volunterring at the hospital   My friend does that, I think if I lived in town I would do that too. I don't see people very often living in the country but I can't be driving in the winter on slippery highways.   But actually 1 day a week for you is perfect, you are really busy!  Good deal!  I sure hope your tooth is better, I'm so fearful of the dentist!!!

Laura snakes,,,oh dear!  Literally would faint.   My trail is under 4 inches of water, yes I said 4 inches.  We got between 4 and 5 inches of rain yesterday in a 24 hour period.  Yesterday I did walk it but had my slogger boots on and you know what, there was a part where the water wanted to go over my boots and they are higher boots...so I had to try and go to the side and almost fell as underneath is all mud.

Nomless thinking of you and missing you!

Waving to everyone, better shower and get ready for my little dear!

Honored Contributor

@bopper  Congratulations!!!!   You go girl!  Enjoy the little one.  Heart

Honored Contributor

@bopper  CONGRATULATIONS!  That is great that you finished your challenge!

@Mmsfoxxie Good luck at the dentist.  I'm like @bopper - scared of the dentist!  Congrats on volunteering at the hospital.  Always feels good to give back in whatever way we can.

This morning I did 30 minutes of Pilates.  Well I tried to do 30 minutes of Pilates, I did have to stop a few times. HAHA 

Have a good Thursday everyone!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bopper Yay on the challenge, and yay on your new sink and faucet!

@Mmsfoxxie I hope you can get your tooth taken care of!

Just not feelin the treadmill runs.....ran 3.6mi/46min.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie, what will you be doing at the hospital? I've been spending lots of time  there and have learned that compassionate volunteers and staff are essential to patients. Thanks for volunteering. 

I hope you can get your tooth tended to very soon.

@Laura14, congratulationson your new place. I hope you love it

Hi to all.

Honored Contributor

@nomless  I hate to hear that!  I hope you are on the mend.  Heart  I will tell you about my new place if I ever get to move into it.  Place your bets on the actual date now and Christmas is not out of bounds.  I hope you feel better!  Heart

Honored Contributor

Good morning all.  Rain yesterday lightly and overnight and now it's a little heavy.  Wouldn't it be nice if everybody could get just enough rain when needed instead of some places getting too much and others getting almost none?

@bopper, it's nice that your grand kids allow you to babysit them.  My big ones would stay with me but not my baby girl, lol.  Last Saturday when she got here, she only let me hold her for a minute.  The next day, she was better. She loves kisses 😘 though.  Even when she's pulling from me, if I'm kissing her, she giggles.

Before I can begin the Volunteering at the hospital, they have to do a background check.  The I have to have a to test.  Before November, I have to have a flu shot.  If I don't want a flu shot, I can't volunteer from November to April, flu season.  I'm keeping that in mind if I find that the season is very snowy.

Oh, I almost thought I was having labor pains in my mouth yesterday, especially after the dentist pushed a prodded my teeth and gums.  Diagnosis is a root canal and then to have my old bridge replaced since it's 20 years old. But first I have to take antibiotics for seven days along with ibuprofen, 800 mg.  Nothing kicked in until this morning.  I got up around 2 am and took my ibuprofen early....I couldn't stand it.  But I used two of my 200 mg ones.  At 6 am, I took my antibiotic and another two 200 mg ibuprofen.  Feeling ok.  Swelling is there there but shifting.  Dentists said it would take about two days to feel consistently better.

So I might not be able to go to my sock hop Saturday.....awww.  Maybe by tomorrow, I'll look human with minimal swelling.  If so, I'll go.  Anybody have a Pom Pom skirt I can borrow?

Thanks @nomless.  I hope you're not at the hospital because you're ill.  Yes, I was offered the job of going into patient's rooms and chatting or offering to get things for them but I felt that would be going in with a bang, lol.

Hopefully, I will do some in place walking and arm movements here this morning like yesterday.  And stairs.  Any movement is good 😊. Have a great day everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie  I hope you find some relief and get to go to your sock hop.  It sounds like fun.  And thank you for volunteering.  

I don't feel like myself at all today so there wil be no working out.  I think it is a combination fighting something off and stress. I just want to get through the next few days with my unexpected house guests, again. 

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and workouts!  Heart