Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the September Exercise Thread

Hey everyone, super rainy here too,  over 4 inches today,, it's miserable.  It stopped long enough for my dog walk though and had my tall rain boots on as the trail is flooded in many spots.  I also did 50 minutes on my TG doing the challenge routine, then Bodyblade with Rosalie, for 12 minutes, and the Simply Fit Board 6 minute abs.   You'd think somewhere down the line I'd see some weight loss or inch loss but nope,,,,oh well, I am getting stronger, I feel it.

Drkelli hopefully the flooring gets done and things can get back to normal for you, must be hard to live like that in a mess.  I am not good with it I know!

Foxxie your house should be back to normal too, glad you had some time with your grandchildren too.

Laura I think after a holiday weekend people flock to classes, that will subside I bet too.

Nomless not forgetting about you if you are reading, you don't have to post exercise you know, just say hi to let us know you are okay.

Waving to everyone!

Honored Contributor

Good morning everyone.  No rain yesterday but it’s expected again this afternoon.  But I’ll probaby be home by then.

Hang in there @DrKelli!  Your frustrations will be over soon with getting the floor done.  And unfortunately there are plenty of dogs out there like that man you mentioned.  (No offense to dogs).

Yesterday’s workout was not that good.  The Zumba lady subbed for my Body & Sculpt class and I don’t like the way she does it.  She doesn’t combine the weight training and cardio (like The Firm) like the regular instructor does.  Hers is in isolation and not much cardio to break a sweat.  Then for the last 20 minutes she was going to do floor exercises which I avoid by the plague because usually it involves being on my knees awhile as in doggy kicks.  I decided to go walk.  Then I did my Flexibility class.  I decided not to do the Zumba class that was next because I figured it would be done by the Zumba lady from the first class.  Normally I like her Zumba class but I’ll be doing it Thursday and Saturday so I didn’t want to do it yesterday because her routine is the same

I have an appointment this morning so hopefully, when I come home, I’ll do some walking around the house.

I hope everyone has a great day and blessed day.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@DrKelli  The only thing I see in my local community is a Get Wet and Sweat and Aqua with Attitude.  Not sure what either one of those are but I am tempted to take a look see.  Unfortunately they both start next week.  

I hope your home renovations come to an end soon.  Mine are done but until people come and help me move it's nice to look at from afar.  Very frustrating especially since the whole reason for it was not to share a home which I am being forced to do again starting tomorrow.  I should have taken the major paycut and moved.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday.  I am probably doing nothing today.  After three days straight, I'm good for 24 hours.  I might have it in my head to go to the park and hike after work but I'm not promising myself and I probably won't.

Respected Contributor

Hey everyone, still raining, now we are under flash flood warnings...I tell ya this has been a weird summer and so far Fall isn't great!  But I always have hope things will change soon.  

Babysitting today, so I haven't worked out.  I do need a rest day though, haven't had one in over 10 days so I think I'll listen to this tired body and take a break from that today.  Watching a 2 year old is some sort of workout right?

Just had some plain greek yogurt with blueberries,,,just love blueberries.  I found a recipe for cauliflower flat bread.  Has anyone made it?   Just 3 bags of riced cauliflower, 2 eggs, and then you do a food processer to smooth it all out.  Well that's not the entire recipe but you get the jest of it.   

Have a good day everyone.

Honored Contributor

Morning!  Was not in the mood to workout this morning, no way, no how.  However, I did do a 30 minute Sansone DVD but did it with little enthusiam as they say.  But at least it was some movement and good enough for today.  I am going to bed early tonght!  Been staying up a bit too late and its taking its toll.

Its cool, gray, and overcast by the Bay today.  Supposed to warm up a bit on the weekend.

Everyone have a wonderful day!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hump DaaaaAY!

I am just bored of the treadmill and will be happy when it cools down so I can get out on the trail.

The next door neighbor said that there are 2 big rattlesnakes in the green space next to her.  2 were caught up the street by animal control last week.  CraaAazy.

Ran 3mi/46.15min on the treadmill.

Been watching US open tennis.....

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

Hi everyone--I'm back at work today since they finished the big part of my floor yesterday.  The laminate is in and looks beautiful

Kelli's floor.jpg

This doesn't show a lot of it, but you get the idea.  I had to choose vinyl (linoleum) for the kitchen, bathroom and hallway since the floor was not level.  It will be installed on September 21--it won't be nearly the project that this was.  I chose vinyl tile instead of sheet vinyl and they can put it right over the existing awful stuff.

I found out last night that I will be taking over the Zumba class--at least on a temporary basis until they decide what to do with the class and if they want to keep the time as Zumba.  The last time I taught was in May or June, I think.  I need to go home and review tonight.  I'm using an old play list, and haven't listened to it in awhile.

I did yoga today and it felt great.  My mom goes home early on Saturday.  I'm glad she was here during the floor stuff--it was a lot of last minute moving of stuff.  I finally found the dog bowl that has been missing almost 2 years.  I thought Kevin had taken it outside and hidden it, but it was under a chair.  At least there were no dead mice under there.

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli nice floor!  Is it a light ash color?

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

@DrKelli  The floor looks great!  Take a pic once the rest has been put down.  I have laminate in my kitchen, dining/living room.  So glad I had that put in when I bought the place and the carpet taken out.  In the kitchen there was vinyl but had that removed.  Congrats it looks great!

Respected Contributor

@MickD wrote:

@DrKelli nice floor!  Is it a light ash color?

I would say it looks like bleached wood. It’s kind of white/gray—very beachy