Honored Contributor

Re: Welcome to the September Exercise Thread

This is my non-gym day and I'm not going to lie.  I may do nothing but I have walked almost 2000 steps already this morning and it's not even 7am.  Smiley Very Happy

Irma is still on track to come and get me so I will clock in at work and then go make my run to the market and gas station to prep just in case.  They are already closing the schools just in case because they don't want the kids alone on campus.

I think this is hurricane number 3 or 4 for me in the third or fourth different state I've lived.  Whatever magnet I have, I wish it would go away.  Smiley Sad

I have hope though.  I ordered a green Irish sweater.  I hate when QVC sends me an email and it's something really good.  $50 I couldn't pass it up.  Sometimes it helps being a tiny little thing because all they had left were the pee wee sizes, hence the great price.

We are going to have record lows today and tonight (50s <---there is your laugh for the day) so perfect timing to break it out.  Yes, I wear sweaters for 50 degrees while the locals will be breaking out the parkas, gloves, and hot chocolate.  Cracks me up every time!  Smiley LOL

I am so glad to hear that everyone is back safe, expecting little ones, have family members on the mend...Heart  It's about time we all shooed away the black clouds from summer time.  

Enjoy your Wednesday!!  

Honored Contributor

@Laura14, I'll repeat what you said....glad everyone is back where they are supposed to be and on the mend.  @Iluvlucy, you've really been through it.

Good morning all.  It is 49 degrees right now!  Looks like early fall is here but in the Midwest, it can turn into a sauna here over night.  I always keep a lightweight jacket in my car and I might use it to walk the few feet into the health center.  Brrr.

But I'm not complaining what with all of these people displaced because of hurricane Harvey.  My niece lives in Florida with her daughter and she is very worried that Irma will hit.  I have a son who lives in Georgia so she's going to drive there to stay with his family for a few days.  If it's as bad as Harvey, that few days might be even longer.

@MickD, yes, Tuesday is one of my favorite workout days along with Monday, Friday and Saturday.  Today is a blah day so it will be a light day, a two or three mile walk just to keep the metabolism up.

Everybody enjoy your day.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

First thing--I hope if Irma is headed your direction or your family and friend's direction--that you remain safe.  I am praying hard for you after seeing what Harvey did to Texas.

I am enjoying the cooler nights--I have had to wear a light sweater (Cuddle duds) the last 2 mornings, but by the time I get home, I can't wait to put on shorts and a tank. This is probably my favorite time of year.

I did restorative yoga today and I do think I am going to like the class a lot.  Tomorrow is Zumba. Yay.

I forgot to tell you all, the morning I was leaving for NOLA, I was coming down the stairs and stepped on Kevin's ball (Kevin is one of my dogs) and my ankle rolled.  My mom thought I broke my ankle and I probably would have if I didn't do all the exercise I did.  It actually never swelled much-I just had a bruise.  And of course, that wasn't the only disaster--my landline phone just quit working, so I had to run to Walmart to buy a new phone/answering machine and let me tell you--the selection of landlines is getting to be very small!

I hope you all have a great day!

Honored Contributor

Total Gym - intermediate done and it kicked my arss....like pass out and spaghetti arms.

Have a happy Wednesday everyone!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

Good morning everyone.  Silly me, I thought that once Harvey was over we'd be able to breathe again, lol.  Not!

I'm glad that sure accident was minor @DrKelli.  I've been hearing that less and less people have landline phones now.  I like them because you have them in a designated place and can't lose them.  But then, I'm one of these people that only use a cell phone in an emergency mostly.  Actually, I rarely talk on any phone.

This will be a no exercise day for me other than normal moving around.  I still do about six days a week.  Yesterday for my walk, I grabbed shoe that I haven't used for months and by the time I'd walked about a mile, my feet were killing me.  How did I forget why I stopped walking in them.  Anyway, the bottoms of my feet are talking to me.

@MickD, our Total Gym is in the basement gathering dust, lol.

Have a great day everyone!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Rode for 35 minutes through Sonoma, Rhode Island, and Italy this morning on the bike.  Smiley Very Happy

Then did my Hour of Power.  Still very frustrating that I can't get my wrist all the way around for a true bicep curl.  I have to lower the weight just to get through the routine.  I guess it will come.  It'll be 3 months on Sunday since I fell and broke it so I guess it's still healing.  

But I killed everything else and even stuck to my normal weight on chest when she said to go down because it was high rep.  Did every single one but did have to take one mini break which the teacher did too.  Smiley Very Happy

And now the vent.  This is how not to behave in a gym.  Man and Woman come in right as class starts.  Now, there is a lot of setup for Power with a step and weights and bar and mat.  Plus you need room to step back and lunge and move around.  But people are late all the time.  It happens.  

I always set up in a little corner in the back because the 5:45am classes are usually packed believe it or not and I am tiny enough to fit right in this little corner of the room where the wall comes up shorter.  

Of course, newbies always want to be in back because they are self conscious.  I get it.  But the room is completely full in back.  There is space in front of me and on the front row to the side so it's not like you are front and center today.  

These two start setting up on top of the two people next to me, literally.  To the point, that the one girl who was there on time and all ready to go had to move all of her stuff to the space in front of me during the warm up because she had no space to workout.  These two were obviously refusing to go to the free space areas.  

It gets better.  The woman starts helping this girl move all of her stuff out and then takes her spot literally evicting her from the back row.  Uh huh.  You read that right.

She then does about half of the routine and leaves.  The guy leaves after the first two songs and is gone for the rest of the class much to delight of the guy next to me who is having trouble lunging because of his loss of personal space.  

The woman finally reappears later and I think finished the rest of the class. Maybe.  I couldn't look over anymore I was so appalled.  I so wanted to bop her over the head and say, "Manners.  Find some."  

I mean really?  Get here early if you want a specific spot and/or don't take the class if you are that self conscious and there is no room where you want to be.  Forcing someone out of their space who was there on time and disrupting their class and routine because you can't walk over and up three feet to set up is unbelievable.  

Anyway, there is your laugh/shocker for the day.  I am really sort of regretting not getting the TSV bike a few weeks ago.  I am really considering a home gym to get away from it all.  All I need is a bike for cardio and I can always do body weight and real weights for the rest.  

Can you tell I didn't take a vacation this summer and need a break from the human race?  Oh and I came into work and no one knows how to email out the statements to the customers anymore so there are no bills going out to people who were expecting them two days ago.  

Good times!!  Smiley Very Happy 

Respected Contributor

@Laura14--OMG--I know exactly the tools you are talking about.  The classes I take are not generally so full that you don't have any room, but there is always the one jerk that sets up RIGHT NEXT TO ME. Seriously, there is an entire room available.

My legs are actually sore from Tuesday's workout.  Since I didn't do weights for an entire week, I'm surprised I am not more sore.

Today of course is Zumba, YAY!  I'm still trying to get back in the swing of things--I feel like this week is 90000 years long and there is still a day to go.  I have to go out to a plant tomorrow and I really don't like the plant manager.  He's a real jerk to me and they are trying to enter an OSHA recognition program--which I have almost 15 years experience with and he absolutely refuses to listen to me about how to approach the entire process.  I've been friends with the OSHA employee that is in charge of the program for our region for over 10 years and he knows my work.  I've had to tell him that the plant manager isn't following my suggestions and that I'm afraid he is going to have to learn the hard way, which basically wastes the resources that he has to perform an audit that won't be successful.

No work out tomorrow, but next week, I get back to it.

Respected Contributor

@Laura14--IT HAPPENED IN ZUMBA!  I swear to Dog--there is so much room in the group ex room and this broad STOOD RIGHT NEXT TO ME!!  There was an entire section right in front of her, BUT SHE HAD TO STAND RIGHT NEXT TO ME!!!  I'm so aggravated I could punch something.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DrKelli wrote:

@Laura14--IT HAPPENED IN ZUMBA!  I swear to Dog--there is so much room in the group ex room and this broad STOOD RIGHT NEXT TO ME!!  There was an entire section right in front of her, BUT SHE HAD TO STAND RIGHT NEXT TO ME!!!  I'm so aggravated I could punch something.

@DrKelli  ROFLMAO!!!  I am SO SORRY I passed the torch!  They must have had a group phone call to stake out our places of workout joy.  And you know they won't be back until January either.

You should have punched her and then apologized.  At least in Zumba, you kind of have an excuse.  It's a little more blatant to throw a weight at someone's rude head but I was trying to figure it out.  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm having this mounted on a stick for us to wave in our next gym class in case Mr. and Mr. Rudeness show up again.  

I'm also getting stickers so we can slap one on our weights or hands to have handy if they get too close to us again.  We can just flash them with this every time they invade our personal space.  

Personally, I think @DrKelli should have a shirt made and just dance around them in a circle until they get the message and move away.  

Really.jpg