Honored Contributor

Re: Welcome to the September Exercise Thread

Okay @bopper inspired me plus the jungle my lawn is becoming.  I hate nut weed.  Only a few more weeks of this stuff and no more lawnmower for months and months!!  Snoopy dance!!

I will not be hiking today.  I will be going home from work and mowing the gigantic hill of a lawn I have.  I will also try not to fall and break something else.  I'm looking forward to being 100% again.  

Happy almost weekend!!

Honored Contributor

But, but, @Laura14!  The snow, girlfriend.  The snow!  It requires shoveling.  Sometimes twice in one day.  And walking and driving very carefully. It's ****** for tat really, lol.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

But, but, @Laura14!  The snow, girlfriend.  The snow!  It requires shoveling.  Sometimes twice in one day.  And walking and driving very carefully. It's ****** for tat really, lol.

@Mmsfoxxie  I hate to tell you but it never snows in Georgia.  And when it does, it just shuts everything down and melts as soon as the sun comes up.  I can count on one hand the number of times I pulled my snow shovel out for the driveway.  I think it's twice in 16 years.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Lol... @Laura14, I should have realized that you were in a warmer climate than me.  Yeah, I've heard about how Atlanta acts if a drop of snow falls.

Good morning everyone.  I hope everyone is well.  I have to make butter cookies today to take to a cookout tomorrow.  They will taste more flavorful making them in advance.  I'm not going to do what I normally do which is make enough to keep some here, lol.  Pray for me not to gobble them up and have to stop at a store to buy my host some cookies, lol.

Zumba and a walk this morning.  Enjoy your day.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mmsfoxxie  Butter cookies!!  Yum!  I always bake ahead of time too.  Enjoy!    And yes, it's beyond entertaining watching it snow in the South.  Someone actually asked me what my snow scraper was when I was cleaning off my car after a dusting after work.  You would have thought I held a magic wand.  LOL  He wanted to know where to get one.  I told him the truth.  New Jersey.

I was so exhausted after mowing my lawn and then going out to buy my sister's birthday gift last night, that I about fell asleep brushing my teeth.  I hit my 10,000 steps in Michaels when I walked in the door.  I think I only had 4000 steps when I got home last night from work so busy evening.

And I still didn't sleep well again.  I think I am way too much on the go lately and I need to stop that.   

Not sure what I am doing today other than kicking back, relaxing, and maybe doing my annual Labor Day fall house cleaning.  I also need to catch up on my DVR stuff while I scrub.  I am about out of available hours.

I also have library books I need to get through and return.  I have really been slacking on a lot of responsibilities with this crazy summer.  

I think @DrKelli mentioned restorative yoga.  I am going to try and get into the habit of deep stretching again and start up some other stress busting routines.  I am going for the mental fitness today with some gentle physical exercise mixed in.

Have a great Saturday everyone! 

Respected Contributor

Hi, all. I can't believe it's September already. Yesterday I posted on the other thread...today I remembered to look for the new one.

This morning I went to the library book sale and found some old titles I was looking for for 50 cents each. Can't beat that. Then hit the grocery store. Then did some time walking on the treadmill. 😀 It's not very warm outside today but very humid so still uncomfortable to be outside.

I hope everyone has a fun holiday weekend! 

Honored Contributor

How is everyone this morning?  Probably chilly.  @nomless, although it was slightly cool here yesterday, it must have been in the fifties last night because I had to get up and put a blanket on the bed.  Fall might arrive early it seems but then again Mother Nature can be very fickle, right?

My WW meeting is this morning and I'm glad because this evening, we're going to a cookout.  My weight was up two tenths of a pound last week and I was ok with it because I received irreplaceable enjoyment.  But this week, if I gained anything, I won't be a happy camper because I was mostly on plan.  We will see, lol.  

After my meeting, I might stop at the health center and walk the track since I know I'll be mostly sitting this evening.

I hope everyone is having an enjoyable weekend.  Be safe.

Respected Contributor

Foxxie, I hope you were satisfied with your WW results and that you enjoyed the cookout.

I read an interesting article today about how ability to balance on one leg is a good test of brain health. Eyes are open for this test. If you can balance on one leg for more than 20 seconds, your brain is probably healthy. Less than 20 seconds might indicate risk of mini strokes. Balancing on one leg with eyes closed is much more difficult. Try it, you'll see!

Honored Contributor

I took a few days off from running.  I don't know if I have a sciatic thing going on or what. Both glutes.  I have a history of left sciatica, but this is mostly right.  I may have to start total gym again for cardio.  Not happy about this.

Did 3 mi/36.30 min on the treadmill.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

@nomless, that is amazing!  I tried it with my eyes open and it was extremely easy.  We do balancing a lot at my exercise center.  But when I tried it with my eyes closed...I couldn't do it for more than ten seconds and I wobbled.  I going to practice that.  Were you able to do it?

My WW results were great.  Three pounds down!  Last week was two tenths of a pound up.  So I'm 16 lbs down since July 2nd.  I ate mostly basic salad all last week.  At the cookout, I was a bad girl, though.  I ate one of my butter cookies and a slice of Red Velvet cake.  I didn't finish the cake because it tasted too store bought.  I also ate macaroni and cheese and lasagna.  

Today was plain steel cut oatmeal for breakfast.  When I came home I snacked on some fresh strawberries while I made some soup with cabbage, green beans from my garden, I puréed some tomatoes from my garden along with other things for flavor.  There was some leftover Eckrich skinless sausage so I threw that in although it wasn't even enough for a serving once it went into the big pot of soup.

@MickD, I'm sorry that you are in pain.  I've heard that sciatica really hurts.  I don't know how old you are but maybe you need to cut back some?

I did my walk this morning along with a cardio class.