Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the September Exercise Thread

Morning, I did my new dvd Kelly Coffee Meyer Gym Intervals with added Core and i really liked it. Lot of premixes to chose from or you can do workout 1, 2, or both or mix both into one. I will definitely be adding more of hers to my rotation.

Pppmint it is a struggle for all of you....your taking very good care of everyone, just be sure to take care of yourself. I don't think I could do a workout if I was going through what you are. I'd be zapped of energy but some people really get good workouts and you are one of those. Prayers and lots of them going out to you.

Looking dark and like rain again and very humid.

Nomless are you doing TG today...Are you anxious for the new workouts?

Pit Bull my Sheltie doesn't like to be wet either and he gets so hot with his heavy coat..maybe your T25 will come today!

FUTURE hi and waving to you and Tony and all our new friends...

Contributor

Bopper, Kane has very fine hair, like velvet. He has always hated taking a bath.

What I think is funny is he won't get in the pool, but when I set up the mister he sits next to it and get wet! LOL

I guess he has to get wet on his own terms.

I walked/jogged 15 minutes here at work today.

The place I work is on 10 acres.

I was working out to Denise Austin DVDs.

Respected Contributor

Whew. What a difficilt week. I had to work late tonight, don't feel like working out now. It'll be there tomorrow.

Sad about dear Joan.....

Patty, I'm thinkimg of your family, too, and what a difficult time you've all had. I pray for a turn for the better for you guys soon, so that your family can return to the bright side again.

Sending good wishes to all.

Respected Contributor

Hi, everyone. It was a long day. Did spin class. Was going to do weights, but I had stuff to do around the house and a few errands, so I didn't really have time. My foot is feeling a bit better today. Just got done rolling it. That and the orthotic really seem to help! Tmrw will be busy. I have to cover for another person, and the regular one is sick, sooooooooo happy Friday! Lol! Patty, I'm soooooooo sorry about your son. I would be absolutely beside myself, so don't feel bad if you have those moments and just need to let it all out. Obviously you want to be strong for your son, but you're also human, and he knows that, so don't worry about it. Hopefully all goes well with the insurance and the Humira gets approved ASAP. That kind of stuff is so frustrating. I have limited patience with it, so I'm sure you're doing a million times better than I would be doing. Hi pit Bull! Glad you're getting some workouts in. Too hot for the dogs here, too, but it's supposed to cool down next week, so I'll have to get out and walk mine. One of them isn't crazy about it, and the other one LOVES it, so it's always interesting...... Smiley Wink Bopper, glad you're liking your new DVD. I like working with kettle bells. You can do lots of compound moves that really get your HR up. I finally got to the store to get stuff for my green smoothies, so I need to make one in the morning. Nomless, I understand about work and no workout. There's always tmrw. Smiley Wink Ok, I'm heading to bed. Night!!
Respected Contributor

Hi, Future. It's great your foot is better. You've been so busy, you're missing your naps. LOL. Bopper, glad you're enjoying the intervals dvd as well as Mucle Up. KCM does a good job. Ooh, just heard that on Sun., Q will have a show about a body bar similar to the Tony Little bar. Need to remember to watch.
Valued Contributor

What day is it...haha...I'm serious, I've been mixed up all week. Ok, just asked dh...Happy Friday everyone!

Oh boy FUTURE, you should have seen me yesterday...I about blew a gasket...this time of the month is not the time to snap at my son that is bleeding, has his guts falling out, and is so stressed and out of sorts on high doses of steroids. He doesn't need it and because you had to answer one phone call, that you're getting paid to answer btw, do not snap at my child lady. Office manager is supposed to be calling dh back today to deal with that, even the nurse said she was out of line, we were doing what we were told to do.

We were on the phone all afternoon...at one point, all 3 of us(dh, ds, and myself)...a trip to the GI doc's office too...he said it's ridiculous...he actually had to call them to tell them "it's a medical necessity"...now what else would it be?? Because he wants to shoot a dangerous drug into his stomach for no reason??

Anyway, it was finally approved(they did an over-ride) at 8:30 last night...then the pharmacy didn't have it so they had to ship it over-night. They also had to do an over-ride for him to get it at the pharmacy, from here on out(after this month's supply) he'll get it delivered on dry-ice to the house because that's a new govt. healthcare rule for this drug.

So another crazy day, poor kid hasn't had one day where he could just relax!

Valued Contributor

I ran yesterday and did legs...but didn't do heavy weight and my thighs are sore!!! Yay, I have trouble making my thighs sore. I did a lot of plyo squats and lunges...then squats with weights but lower weight and higher reps.

I have bad cramps this morning so not sure at this point if I'll even work-out today. Only time will tell.

nomless and bopper, we're praying this drug is well tolerated and does the trick too...that child needs a break. He's such a good kid, it breaks my heart. His boss said she's never seen anyone with such a good work-ethic and they are so happy they hired him, even knowing he had this disease. The doctors all said he is so strong and has the best attitude for someone that has been through so much, you can't even tell he's sick by talking to him or looking at him...the ER docs were shocked when they saw his cat scan and how severe it was.

He's doing really well with me here too, it isn't easy for him, he's very independent and doesn't like to be fussed over at all. So he tolerates me being here, we've had some battles over it all...he feels bad that he's ruining my life. There isn't any place I'd rather be than with him when he's sick...helllloooo.

Anyway, thanks for letting me come here and vent and for the prayers...means the world to me. {#emotions_dlg.wub} Sometimes my real-life friends and family want to fix it or get upset knowing that I'm upset...nothing anyone can do...I just need to 'say it' sometimes.

Contributor

My T25 and Shakeology arrived yesterday!

It says to start on Monday and weight and measure myself this Saturday.

This also gives me time to buy the food I need for the week.

I'm worried I'm going to look stupid working out in my living room to this, I have done other DVDs and it was fine, I guess I'm worried I won't be able to keep up with the dvd.

I guess the cat and dogs are the only ones watching.

My dh did say something about maybe trying it, but I guess if he is doing it too we will both just look weird! LOL

Respected Contributor

Patty just come here and let the words and thought flow. Keep the faith got lots of people praying that your son gets something that really helps him. Have to pray for his Mom and Dad also for it is absolute he-- to see your child hurting whether they are young or older, and your son has so much to look forward to. Just have to find either a cure or medicine that really helps him. Give the little Lucy a hug she is a little trooper always ready for what ever. Take care Patty.

Honored Contributor

Well...I'm not any thinner since the last time I posted.. Ran on the treadmill 34 min./2.75 mi.

Patty ~ Wishing your son a speedy recovery!

Hi everyone!....I know I've been a slug...itsokay........

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G