Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the September Exercise Thread

Skylark, glad your foot and the pups are better.  Here we've been teased by cool days here and there, then it gets warm again.  Like today.  Humid, too. Ugh.   Already for fall.  45 min cardio done.  My legs were tired so I was slow, but it was still hard work and got my HR up.  Good enough.

Regular Contributor

Hi everyone.  Well I made it to Zumba!  Have any of you ever tried cardio-drumming?

Respected Contributor

Busy, today.  I probably won't get a w/o in.

WMN, good job doing zumba.   I've seen cardio drumming but I've never tried it.   Some of what I saw seemed like it could strain low back.   Have you done it?

Respected Contributor

Hi, this morning I did 20 miles on my X bike, Total Gym lower body and abs and rebounding.  Just came in from a trail walk with Logan too.

Whatsmyname I haven't done zumba or the cardio drumming either.  I do have a friend who has gone to Pound classes which incorporate drumsticks.  Is that what you mean?  

Nomless I almost didn't get a workout in yesterday either.  GD was here and I had running to do but I managed my 10,000 plus steps non the less.

It's only 65 here but it's 88% humidity.  I feel so clamy now after the walk outside.

Making applesauce and apple cake this afternoon.  The aroma of cinnamon,, yes Smiley Happy

Waving to Tony, Cater, Patty, Deeva and all who would like to say hi!

Respected Contributor

Applesauce and apple cake sounf yummy, Bopper.  Enjoy.  I bet you had fun with DGD yesterday.  Good workout today!

I decided that Katami won't improve my strength very quickly because he does lots of other things too.  So I  might try another round of ChaLean.  To that end, I did Burn 1 today using the weights I used 4 years agp, which is the last time I did it.  It was hard but I was able to do it.  For a couple of the exercises, I think I should go a bit lighter because my form was bad.  Love the workouts in this program.

Regular Contributor

Well, I've had a great week and the weekend is upon us - this is normally where the wheels fall off but NOT THIS WEEKEND!!!  Last night my husband and I went for a walk.  The evenings this week have been absolutely gorgeous.  I have today off so I'm going to catch up on laundry, cleaning, etc.and will go for a walk this evening.   

Nomless - I tried cardio drumming one time and really liked it, then the person who was teaching the classes stopped teaching them.  It's something that can easily be done at home.  So on Wednesday I bought a bucket and ball, but I'm having a hard time finding a pair of drum sticks.  I'm going  to use some silicone spoons in the meantime!

Bopper - the pound class your friend does may very well be cardio drumming because you basically pound on a ball with a pair of drum sticks!  You can get a really good workout though if you get your legs and body into it and squat to hit the bucket.

Esteemed Contributor

Hello everyone. It's so lovely here today. Been busy today. We're going to St Louis for the weekend. Dropping dogs off at daughter's etc.  I hope you all have a great weekend.

Bopper,how long does it take you to do 20 miles on your bike?  You're something! I made a bread pudding this morning for my daughter for watching my doggies.  Must of been fun baking with your Granddaughter.

WMN you're attitude is great.... there's no fail in you!

Nomless,Tony,everyone enjoy the day.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

Hi, it's warm and muggy here, very unusual for our part of the country but soon Winter will be upon us and the North winds will blow in that white stuff so we'll take it.

This morning I did the bike again and rebounding and dragged out my old Reebok step and did some stepping to get in my 10,000 plus steps on my Fitbit.  

Skylark it takes me much longer on my regular outside bike but on my X bike ( inside bike) my odometer says about an hour.  I never believe those things though as they aren't accurate.  I just know I pedaled hard for almost an hour, then rebounded on my mini tramp and used the step..Just took my Logan on the trail near the house too.

St. Louis sounds fun and nice you have a built in dog sitter.   That's our main issue, nobody can take my dog and I am very fussy about who he is with....I hate putting him in a kennel too..it almost ruins my whole trip.

Whatsmyname Maybe that Pound class is similar.  I watched a clip on youtube and you pound the floor and do squats and tap the floor...it looks cool.

nomless hope your weekend goes nicely for you.  Have you seen your friend with the kitties and collie?   

Tony are you off this weekend?  

Waving to everyone!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Have a great time this weekend, Skylark!

WMN, yay for your good week and for your resourcefulness in figuring out a wau to do cardio drumming at home.  Good job!   I'm like you.....it's hard for me to stay on track on weekends, but I'm doing better.   Sometime my weekend workouts are sjorter, but I try to do something.

Hi, Bopper, it's hot and humid here, too.  Windows are closed and AC is back on.  Ugh. I haven't seen Ruby and Maizy lately, but my friend said Ruby (dog) was upset about storms we had a couple of days ago.  She hates the noise that storms make. 

I did 60 mim on elliptical and treadmill.  Worked hard.

Respected Contributor

Hi all, I did my rebounder today for over an hour, a little on the bike....now getting ready to go to a picnic.  It's nicer this month than it was in July although a little to warm for me and muggy but soon the North winds will be blowing so I'll take it.

Nothing new here since yesterday, nomless good job on the elliptical and treadmill.  An hour is a long time...

Enjoy the day everyone.