Esteemed Contributor

Re: Welcome to the September Exercise Thread

Hope you are all having a nice Labor Day.  We went to a family party Sat.  There was a block party for our subdivision the same day but those are not for me.  The bouncy house, tons of kids,beer drinking neighbors...no I'll pass.  I guess I'm weird. It's been so awfully hot,we have been indoors mostly.  Went for a hike in the woods this afternoon and practically had to carry Ang back,she was so hot. But all is good.

That's about it from here. You guys with your 15 mile bike rides and p90x,  I'm a slug compared.  But I'll keep pluggin along😁

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

Morning, I'm all off with the days of the week now  haha..

I just finished Total Gym and bike along with rebounding. 10,000 steps in and more to come throughout the day!

skylark your no slug, it's been dang hot out....hard to get motivated.  Walking and hiking are great exercise.    We're all plugging along,,,that's all we can do!  Smiley Happy

Raining here, very muggy and very dark.  Needing a light on it's so dark.

Keep going everyone!

Respected Contributor

60 min cardio done.  I was tired, so pace was slow, but that 's ok.  At least I was moving.

Skylark, the program I did yesterday wasn't P90X.  I have done that in the past, but yesterday I went back to the easier program, P90.  The workouts are only 30 minutes.  I haven't done strength training for the past year or so, so I'm back to the basics.

Respected Contributor

Hi, I had my grocery morning and a couple other errands. Looking for a shower chair for my dad who said he's getting dizzy in the shower.  I went to 3 places and couldn't find one.  Have to order online.

Then I came home and rebounded and walked..  it's cooler today in the 70's so it felt way better than that sticky hot weather that's been hanging around here.

Nomless you haven't been off the weights for a year I don't think?  P90 is a great workout to get back in though.

skylark we have subdivision block parties too.  We don't have the bouncy houses and stuff though but it's kind of nice getting to know your neighbors.

Not much else on my end, so enjoy your day!

Respected Contributor

Bopper, here we have drug stores that also specialize in medical equipment.   They have shower chairs in stock.  Do you have such stores?  I think I've seen them in BBB, as well.  Perhaps Walmart or Target?  You've probably already checked those.   

Yes, it's been a long time since I've done strength work.   I simply got bored with doing it.  But I can no longer use boredom as an excuse.  Time to get busy and do it again.  I did Katami again today.  Love his approach.

Respected Contributor

Hi, this morning I did a long walk outside and then rebounded and did my back on the TG.

It's cooler here but the humidity doesn't go away.  Hard to know if you should open a window or not.

Nomless I checked at Walmart, Target and 1 other place and they didn't have any.  We don't have a BBB here either.  I can order one off of Amazon too.  They do have specialized stores that carry them but too expensive.  I'll probably get it from Amazon.

Keep up the weights, it's what really helps change your shape  .   I'm on a higher level on my TG now too and it feels good

Waving to everyone!

Respected Contributor

Bopper, it's too bad you can't find a chair locally.  Thank goodness for online retailers.

Well, the job I thought I had fell through for now.  My boss's boss decided he doesn't want to add staff now.  I thought he could be convinced since I was willing to work only 2 days a week.  I wouldn't have cost them much and I could have helped a lot.  So...back to trying to figure out what to do now.  I put a feeler out to another former boss.

I did cardio today.  It's harder now because my legs are tired from all the squats and lunges I'm doing on strength days.  It's good my legs are tired though, it means I'm making some progress.

Regular Contributor

Hi All!

nomless- I am sorry about your job. I truly hope that you can find a new one. I have fingers crossed for you. Glad you went back to strength training.

Bopper- a lot of senior centers have equipment. People that no longer need them drop them off to be recycled for as long as needed. Is that something you could look into? And I know  Walmart here has them. 

Hi skylark!

Work has been awfully busy- I think with the heat. We had disaster planning  in place due to bed crunch. Hopefully with rain and cool down, things will let up.

Ok, commercial over- back to NE Patriots.

No report!

Respected Contributor

Morning all, a rainy Fall day here.  I just finished 15 miles on the bike, rebounded and did TG abs and legs....making a dinner in my crockpot that's very easy for this dreary day.

Nomless so sorry the job fell through...that stinks.  Good thing though you put out feelers again with another old boss and maybe something will develop for you.  Keeping my fingers crossed!

Tony thank you.  I hadn't thought of checking at a Senior center.  Our Walmart didnt' have any in stock, I asked a clerk.   Ordered one though .   

Skylark how are you doing.   Are you walking with your pups?  

Okay need to move to another chore,,,have a good day all!

Respected Contributor

Tony and Bopper, thanks for your kind words and encouragement.   The other old boss hs nothing, but at least he knows I'm looking.  I found a job that looks interesting, submitted an app.

It's a lovely cool day here, hurray!  Windows open.

Today became a busy day with this and that, so no workout, it became a rest day.   Got some useful stuff done around here, though, and dinner's in the oven.  I hope it's done soon...I'm hungry!