Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the September Exercise Thread

Hi, all.  I have nothing to report today, it's a rest day.  I've been paying bills (ugh), reading, and making a grocery list for tomorrow.  Pretty dull day.

I have a deck, a small one, that's sort of like a porch.  I don't use it very often because it's too hot to sit in the sun and there are too many bugs, especially wasps.  I'd love a screened-in deck so it would be bug-free and shady.

Respected Contributor

60 min cardio done.  I'm drenched.

During the night, a bracket holding a kitchen cupboard shelf in place broke.  The shelf fell, of course, causing the cupboard door to open, allowing dishes to scatter all about. Nothing broke.  It's all piled on the counter now while I wait for a guy to come fix it.  Fingers crossed he can get here today, so I don't have to wait until next week to put things away.  I bet the cats were startled when they heard a crash in the middle of the night.

I wish everyone a fun holiday weekend.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi all,just got back from a two mile walk with Angie.  It was almost dark and cooler than the day.  So aggravating we get accosted by dogs pretty often. Tonight it was a big Doberman,don't know where he came from.  Sometimes it's a gang of Standard Poodles (seriously) 4 of them.  The Dobermans owner was yelling at him from a block away. He seemed harmless enough but big.  We made it home alive.lol

Nomless, a nice shaded screened deck would be really nice.  I bought one of those popup screen houses Q used to sell.  I put it on my patio,it was ok,kept bugs out. We kept it in our little shed over winter and the mice chewed it to bits. Also that kind of noise in the night would freak me out like it did your cat.  I bet she jumped straight up in the air like they do.

Hope you all have a great Labor Day weekend.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

Hi, I forgot to check in yesterday!    Yesterday was Total Gym and rebounding..and today was X bike and Rebounding.  Got my 10,000 steps in but wil get in more this afternoon.  I'ts going to be 90 today and tomorrow, uggggggg  not a fan...

Nomless I bet that really scared you!  Yikes, I sure hope he can come fix it today and glad nothing broke!  

Skylark I get bothered by loose dogs too and it annoys me so much and the owners just stand there and yell to their dog ( who doesn't listen) and how do we know their dogs won't bite us or our dogs ( which are on leashes mind you)  grrrrrrrrrrr   

Speaking of.........last night we went to the Harbor Blues Festival on the lake and there are signs posted everywhere, NO DOGS, and NO SMOKING,,,,,so what do we see?   Dogs and people smoking.  How hard is it to tell someone who is going through the gate ( with their dog that dogs are not permitted on the grounds?

I have to make baked beans to bring to the picnic tomorrow so will do that today and then transfer to the crock pot to bring.  

Hoping you all have a nice weekend!

Respected Contributor

I just finished Katami.  Lots of good exercises.

Skylark, I bet you and Angie were nervous when the Dobe came running up.  So glad it turned out ok.

Hi, Bopper, good job.  The guy came yesterday and fixed the kitchen cabinet shelf.  I was so happy to get things put away and tidy again.

I got my electric bill and was surprised that it'ts almost double what it usually is.  Then I realized it's because I'm home during the day more often.  I'm using more AC (I used to turn it up before I left for work each morning) and my tv is on nearly all day, not just in the evening. Oh-oh.  I'll have to tweak my budget to accommodate the increase.  I'm buying less gas for the car, maybe they even each other out. 

Very hot and humid here.  I declined an invitation to go to a ball game with a friend.  I just can't take the heat.

Respected Contributor

Cardio done.  Whew, it was hot in the workout room.   Now I'm off to clean some fresh corn.

I hope they can fix this forum....the freezing while loading pages is so frustrating.

Happy Sunday to all.

Respected Contributor

Hi, I rode my X bike for 15 miles and did 30 on the TG and then we headed out to a family picnic.  It was very nice.

On the way home it got super dark, windy, poured with lots of thunder and lightening.  

Other than that, my day was pretty much all she wrote! LOL

Respected Contributor

Hi, all.  I hope you're having a fun holiday.  Bopper, how nice of the rain to hold off until after the picnic yesterday.

Today, I did Tony's P90 Sculpt A.   It' s discouraging that I'm back to the beginning re: strength but it's my fault for ingnoring it for a lomg time.  I ned to stay disciplined and keep on track now. 

Cloudy day here, but no rain yet.  I did some vaccumming and mopped the kitchen floor. Then some reading.  ANW tonight, I hope it's a new episode.  Sometimes on holidays they air a rerun.

Respected Contributor

Hi, today was cooler but still very muggy as it is still tonight.  I'm watching ANW too nomless.  It's new!

I did Xbike and lots of rebounding today...then we went to some waterfalls and did some hiking.   It was fun but we were breaking a bead for sure.

nomless you did good on your P90, it won't take long to regain your strength.  Remember muscle has no age, it will come back!  Just keep at it.  I am already stronger from  upping my TG level...

Okay back to ANW, short week this week with the Holiday!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

ANW is good tonight, Bopper.  Lots of veteran favorites.   The Weatherman, Brent, Kacy, Drew...