Respected Contributor

Welcome to the September Exercise Thread

Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the September Exercise Thread

Hello,,,,,,,,we're really here!  In the month of September!  Yikes when did that happen?

Any who.....this morning i did the treadmill and the rebounder.  Too hot and too humid to go outside..  All week we're having this weather.  So unusual for us but keeping in mind it's going to be winter soon.

Hoping everyone has a wonderful day!

Regular Contributor

Hi Everyone!

bopper- we are getting the muggy after you. I am not complaining!  Right now I am sitting on the porch with my DD pumpkin coffee enjoying the sun, the birds, the crickets and katydids.  Very peaceful. I was gonna go for a walk after coming home from errands but my coffee was calling me!

Nomless- I hope you boring days are winding down. I truly hope the job comes through for you.  AND I hope your foot gets better!

Skylark-I was thinking of you yesterday. you know I live in a rural area. There is a mountain in my town which is part of the state forest- hiking and skiing, ect. The lodge and commercial area of the mountain is in the next town - they have BBQ fest, apple fest, kid fest, country fest....This past weekend was Farm fest-a big  farmers market, crafts, animals.... Anyway, a water buffalo was attacked by a porcupine-quills to its face- broke out of its pen and ran away.  The local farmer was concerned cos of coyotes and other wild animals finding the buffalo before he did. But the buffalo was found and all is well. I did see my porcupine the other day when I left for work- Cupie has not attacked me yet. Another big news story from Massachusetts!  

Patty- hope all is well.

cater - hi!

OK- back to porching!

Respected Contributor

I went on my usual morning walk even though it's still hot here. Our 5am temps are typically between 85 and 93 degrees. I've gotten used to just biting the bullet and getting my walk over with. Once the sun comes up, the temps quickly rise to over 100.

Respected Contributor

Hi, Deeva, nice to meet you.  Morning walks is a nice way to greet the day.

Hi, Tony.  I'm glad your critter story turned out ok.  Enjoy your porching!

Hi, Bopper.  It's hot and humid here, too.  We had a couple weeks of autumn weather, but now it's back to normal with another blast of summer.

Today I started back on a strength and flexibility program.   It has to be done.  Ugh.   I did Katami's I Am Change 4x4 disc 1 level 1.  I'm starting at the beginning.  4 sets of 4 exercises, each set done twice. Each set is  1 min cardio, 1 min lower body,  1 min upper body, 1 min core.  Repeat, then go on to the next set.    About 45 minutes. It' pretty easy but it made me sweat.  Katami is a pleasant trainer.  He encourages but doesn't get loud and crazy.  

Hey, Patty, thinking of you.  I hope your family is doing well.  I think of DS and DH often.   I hope Lucy is enjoying her outings with you and staying out of trouble.  LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Good morning everyone here. Expecting another hot humid day here. Central air conked out yest. Luckily they came and fixed it about 4. It's about 20 years old so expected to have to replace.  Still expensive to fix but WELL worth it.

Tony, that must have been quite a scene between the water buffalo and the porcupine.  I thought that throwing the quills was a myth,shows how much I know.  Also I would have opted for the porch and coffee,too,yesterday!

Bopper,I love the September Angel you started us off with. Winter will be here soon as you said. I love the Autumn,I feel energized and somehow renewed in the Autumn of the year. Maybe because I was born in Sept!

Deeva,how far do you go on your walks?

Nomless, you're gonna be a lean,mean fightin machine when you get back to work. 

I cut my grass front and back yest. Front in the morning and back in the eve. Afternoon toooo hot. It's a big yard so that was a good workout . Well I'll end this book.  Enjoy the rest of your day.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

Hi all, it's very dreary here this Wednesday.  When I left to get groceries I have never and I say "never" driven in fog so bad as it was this morning.  Throw in snow and it would have been like driving in a blizzard.  Couldn't see the tail lights of the car in front of me.  Very glad to get home and now it's been raining and thundering bad for an hour  Poor Logan is afraid.

Deeva nice to meet you and hear you love to walk as much as I do.   It's sure been a hot streak though hasn't it and muggy.  

Tony that's quite the story with the water buffalo and porky.  I love where you live, lots of nature and excitment.   Love sitting on a porch too, (if I had one)  hahaha

Skylark glad the AC got fixed, this isn't the time for that to break down!  For us we'll go from 90 to 40 in 1 day,,,that's how we roll here in the North!  haha

Nomless glad you got that good workout in.   Speaking of I almost forgot to say mine today.   I got my 10,000 steps in after I shopped this morning, rebounding on the mini tramp.  I'll do more later this afternoon but need to let my lunch settle first.  

Is anyone noticing how often the hosts are pushing the Q card and the 3 EP with it?  I don't have one and don't want one!  

Wishing everyone a great day!

Respected Contributor

It's super hot and humid here.  Very uncomfortable.  The workout room was very warm.  I did 60 min of cardio, but I had to take a lot of breaks.  Now I need to get something to eat. And water. 

Regular Contributor

Hi Everyone,

Bopper- that fog can be scary. We get a lot because of our elevation. I wish you had a porch-then you would have an excuse for an extra coffee break! Are you still down to one car? we have 5- you can borrow one! I was gonna ask you about the Q card- yeah, I'm steering clear. It's good PR  and good plan to keep people shopping ( and broke)!

Nomless- I am so envious that you decided to bite the bullet- I say I am going to do it everyday- but......

Deeva- Hi! I like to walk, too. But I am a slug- I always need to talk myself into some activity.

Skylark- I left out chippy, the little chipmunk that lives in the stone wall and is always running around here! I never learned to use the new mower so I get out of mowing!

I hope everyone is having great weather !!!

Respected Contributor

Hi, did a long workout today about 2 hours with TG, Urban Rebounder, and bike....Met my step goal by 11:30 am so now any extra will be that much better.

Tony I'd love a porch, one with an old fashioned rocker, and ferns hanging along the front.  I can certainly see myself sipping my coffee and watching the wildlife!

Nomless hot and humid here too.  The last 2 days have been pretty horrible..It's starting to break up now so maybe we'll get some sun this afternoon and the humidity will lift.

Almost football time, wow!  Hard to believe..I'm still in baseball mode though of course.

Deeva did you get a walk in this morning?

Skylark a chippy almost lost his life to Logan this morning...he almost caught it..it went into a little bird house on my deck...hiding!

Waving to all!