Honored Contributor

Re: Welcome to the October Exercise Thread

Good morning everybody.  Looks like it's going to be a nice fall day today.

@Laura14, I assume the offered for online classes would still give you the option of coming to the site as well?  If so, that is a great idea.  @bopper, I've meant to ask you, why did you stop teaching classes?  Wear down of certain body parts?  Understandable.

Good news yesterday....my son who lives in Hawaii and just had the baby is coming for a quick visit for a couple of days the first part of November.  They are moving from Hawaii to Las Vegas on 10-28 and right after that on 11-3, they will visit.  High energy young people.  

Body & Sculpt, Flexibility and then Zumba this morning.  Have a great day.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Totally did not sleep last night.  Possibly bad health news for my mother so she is coming up to stay with me for a few days for her doctor's appointment on Friday.

Managed to get to the gym on about 4 hours of sleep and did Pound and Power.  The new Power routine came out this week and it's stupid.  I made up my own stuff for the ridiculous nonsense they are trying to make us do.  Who holds a full weighted barbell with one arm and does lunges?  How about a small dumbbell which is what they are made for?

@bopper  Thanks for the advice about the bike.   I am just about done my pharmacy program and I am so in need of a new start and a real home of my own.  That's going to be my housewarming gift if I ever get there.

Have a good day everyone!     

Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie  The streaming service is at home only.  But of course you could still go to the gym as well.  That's why my gym shared it.  They said if you can't get to the gym, do it at home.  I was thinking if I can do it at home why go to the gym?  LOL

Respected Contributor

Hi all,  Just wanted to peek in really quick.  I'm in Fresno (actually south of it , in Kingsburg) working at one of our plants.  I flew in yesterday and am flying out today at 3.  I'm working at the plant until noon and then heading back to the airport so I can gas up the rental car and eat lunch.  It is physically exhausting when I do a trip like this and I feel kind of lousy again today--there is still a lot of smoke in this area from the fires.  But if I suck up a trip like this, I'm only gone one night instead of 2 and only have to pay for one night of dog sitting (plus 2 walks).

No exercise for me the last two days except walking and schlepping a 30 pound backpack through the airport.  I tried to learn a new dance last night, but didn't have much concentration because I was tired.

Respected Contributor

Hey all, it's a gorgeous day here, mid 60's and sunny and the leaves are breathtaking.  I give thanks when I"m out on the trail walking, it's just me and my "maker" and I am so thankful for where i live.

Dr.Kelli sounds like a stressful trip even if it is short.   I would worry about my dogs too, do you have a good dog sitter?  I wish I was comfortable with someone staying at my house but I'm not.  I'm weird that way.  Hope you feel better when you get home around your babies and your own stuff, travel safe.

foxxie I actually retired because so many gyms were popping up at the time it was hard for me to make the rent for the place I rented to teach classes.   This was just my deal so to speak and I at one time had 30 ladies in the class teaching out of the basement of a church.   I made up my own routines, we used hand weights ( that each person brought with them) and we did old school routines, cardio and floorwork.  I'm aging myself Hahah used a  "boom box"  LOL.   Anyways it had to end as I couldn't make ends meet anymore.  Thank you for asking.

Laura I am so sorry about your mom, that is so stressful.  I hope the dr can help her and you both have a good visit together.    Sorry you didn't sleep well but certainly understandable.    That class sounded like somebody could get hurt.

Nomless how are you doing?  

Judy hi and waving to you!   Hi to Monty!

Lucy is everything okay, isn't little Lucy's appt today or was it yesterday.  Please let us know how that went and how the house is coming.  Almost time to move in!

Have a wonderful day everybody!

Honored Contributor

Okay I have to rant!  I am about to get off work and I check my phone.  I see that somebody, probably the Gym Manager, actually videoed a portion of the biceps track in Power this morning and posted it on the gym's social media page. 

I am a bit wild right now!  I am not of the social media generation and I do not want myself especially my 5:45am not dressed for anything but the gym self displayed on social media for the world to see.

Luckily I am all the way in the back corner so you only catch a glimpse a me for a few seconds.  What is wrong with people?  First of all, you don't video people working out and you sure as heck don't post them on social media without their permission.

I am beyond steamed!  Smiley Mad  I think my free workout days at this gym are done at least classwise.  Time to re-evaluate my workout routine and place.        

Respected Contributor

Bopper, I think you'll love the sheets. Let us know. 

Laura, it sounds to me like your days are numbered at the current gym. It's been nothing but aggravation recently. Yay on nearing the end of your pharmacy program. That's awesome.

Judy, yay that you helped with fire donations. Yay that Monty is doing so well he needs to how go on a diet. 

DrKelli, you're busy traveling, looking forward to being home, no doubt.

Foxxie, the calorie count for Home Chef seems a little high, but It's not terrible. I've thought about trying emeals.com. They give you a weekly meal plan with recipes and a shoppng list. You do the shopping and cooking. It's inexpensive, and there are tons of meal plans to choose from....30 minute meals, heart healthy, weight loss, paleo, etc. I keep looking at it, but haven't suscribed yet.

Hi, Mick, hope things are good in your world.

I've been doing my workouts on non-work days. I need to push harder and do more, but at least I'm doing something again, at last.

Honored Contributor

Good morning everyone.  @Laura14, something similar to that happened to me at my facility a few months ago but it was a visiting group that was exercising with us at my Saturday Zumba class.  They were associated with the college next door.  I noticed the woman standing to the side with her phone holding it towards us.  So after that exercise routine I went over and asked her why she was videoing and that I hope it won't be on FB and she said "oh, its for school educational purposes and it won't be on FB".  I told her that I hoped not because I don't wear leggings except to exercise in and you never know who will see it.  They left before the class finished.  That's all I'd need is to see my backside on FB, lol.  I hadn't started my diet then either and was extremely self conscious of my body.  Still am but I feel much better.

@nomless, you're right, the calories weren't extremely high but in WW points, 700 calories is probably about 15, too high unless you consider it two meals.  Never heard of emeals.com, must check it out.  This has been another bad week for me eating wisely, lol.  And there is a luncheon scheduled for Saturday.  I still need to learn moderation, obviously.

Walking is on the agenda today and then get my car washed!  I keep putting it off because my morning route has a lot of construction going on using cement.  Messy.

Enjoy your day, peeps!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Yeah I just don't get it.  Why anyone especially in a gym would think it was okay to video  a class of strangers without asking is beyond me.

I am really contemplating not going tomorrow morning.  Or going and saying something beforehand like is this class going to be taped too? 

I almost want to tell her that I can't be taped because I have a restraining order against a violent ex husband and it would put me in danger to have my whereabouts especially at 5am placed online for anyone to see. 

I mean I know that's a rare thing but do people not think about that?  Ask Kim Kardashian about social media and oversharing.  She'll tell you all about it.  

Respected Contributor

Good morning, all,

I'm back home and my allergies have definitely settled down.  That smoke in the central valley of California was miserable!

@bopper, my 'at home' dog sitter is okay.  She is an older lady that lives in my neighborhood, but I only use her for short stays.  This might be the last time I use her because it was incredibly stressful to get her to pick up the key.  This isn't the first time.  It is stressful enough to  travel without worrying if that dumb broad is going to pick up the key or not.  Plus, she doesn't seem to get to my house until evening and I don't like that. I use another dog sitter who lives about 10 miles away and Kevin LOVES going to her house.  She is more expensive, but she has a big backyard and she works from home.  She also walks them, whereas, I have to pay an additional person to come and walk my dogs with the other.

@Laura14, that person should have at least told you WHY they were videoing the class.  I would htink they would have to have a release signed by every person in the class to do that. It's unacceptable not to ask prior to doing it and if someone objected then the person shooting the video can at least avoid those who don't want to be on camera.

I am doing restorative yoga today and can't wait.  My flight was actually early last night, but no gate available, so we sat on the tarmac for 30 more minutes. Which was miserable because it was a small jet and most of us needed to use the restroom, but you aren't supposed to get up while you're sitting there.

Hi to everyone else--since I've been out of the office for 2 days, I need to play catch up!