Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the November Exercise Thread

[ Edited ]

Patty, I just checked the reviews of the sheets.  The majority are very positive, but some complain of shedding, particularly after multiple washings.  Are yours shedding?  I washed and dried them before I put them away and was impressed that there was almost no lint in the real.  I hope they don't shed later.  

ETA: The new furry sheets are on the bed.  No lint so far. ☺

Respected Contributor

Hi everyone,  I did 4.5 miles outside in the "hood" today and let me tell you it was one icy dicey mess.  The entire road is ruts and snow and ice...I really am getting some yaktrax as those get a grip things keep coming off my boots...can't walk without them though not when it's like this on the streets.  No Black Friday shopping for me.   Don't need anything that bad to fight crowds and rude people.  

I did call one local business to ask if they carried something and the lady was rude on the phone and I thought, " OK, trying to spend my dollars in a small business and keep it local"  It would be nice to have a little more friendliness in your voice!  ( from one small business owner to another))

Nomless and Patty you have me thinking about those sheets now. I love my Malden Mills sheets but your saying these are better, holy cow...I must try them!

Logan loves the snow on the ground,,was rolling in it...

Enjoy your day everyone!

Respected Contributor

Good job walking, Bopper.  Glad you managed to stay upright on the ice.  It's too bad the shop lady was rude on the phone.   Maybe her store was crazy busy, maybe that explains her rudeness.  It's not an excuse, though.  I'm glad I didn't pursue the retail job. 

So far thumbs up for the Cuddl Duds socks.   I was concerned that they might be too thick for my shoes but they're fine.  Very soft, they stay up, and are fairly warm.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

nomless, mine shed a tiny bit down by your feet...it isn't a bother to me at all and seems to lessen after every wash.  I shake them outside before I wash them...no big deal.  It isn't like we have stuff stuck to us, or on the carpet, or anything like that.  Not much in the lint trap at all.  Yep, bopper, they're the bomb!  Really, I can't even believe I almost didn't get them. 

I shopped online...easy-peasy.  Got my Nordstrom's stuff Wed night and my Macy's stuff early this morning in my pajamas while drinking my coffee.  Only way to go. Smiley Wink 

We're back home once again...sheesh....these cars!   Walked up and got my van with the new tires on, took it to Toyota and they said it is the water pump squeaking...well, the garage up here is where we had the new water pump installed less than a year ago so they said they will replace it for free.  So....I have to give dh a ride to pick his up when it's done out in town, then I'll have to drop my van off again(same place that put on the new tires) and walk home.  I don't know if we're coming or going! 

Taking Lucy out for a bike ride while we're waiting...she's still running our lives!

Respected Contributor

Good luck getting the vehicles where thery need to be, Patty.  Sounds crazy.

Now at the end of day, it's thumbs down on the Cuddl Duds socks.  There's a seam along the toes that's thick and annoying, and after several hours, they do fall down.  Oh, well.

I'm eager to sleep between my new sheets tonight.

Respected Contributor

Hey all, it's sunny today but only 30, the sun is so low my deck is still icy..and the street is about the same as yesterday....didn't do the walk outside but did go on my bike inside and watched our High School football team win the State Championship.  They played in Detroid and it was a huge win!   Actually came from behind to win!

Nomless thanks for the socks update...my Cuddl Dud's top and leggings are pilling but I only wear them under clothes for warmth..

My GD's birthday is today.   I can't believe she's now into double digit numbers..  A big 10 years old..Where does the time go..

Patty hoping the cars are all back where they should be...is it cold there?

Good movies on Hallmark in the evening.  Really enjoyed one last night.

Enjoy the day everyone!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi to everyone hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving day. I think it is time for a celebration Patty has found her way back here. Patty hope you know how much your missed on here when your not here. Sorry your son is having problems but that seems to be the way his life is   now. It is a pity that he has to put in all those hours. You would think they would make it a little easier for him. He is just not a complainer  he just wants to do his job and do it well. Ah but his Mom and Dad and wife worry. My prayers are always with him you know that and I have him on the list at Seraphic Mass  on the prayer list. When I send my list of names in every month I just sign him as Patty's son. So I know that the friars at the monastery  are saying lots of prayers for him. Nomless hope and prayers that your new job brings you some peace and happiness you have really been trying to find something that you really wanted to do. Logan seems to be enjoying this weather your having Bopper. We really have nothing to complain about in SW Pa. it really has been nice here today it was rain and gloom but we have had some nice days.Ok all you body movers it is time for me to get into my dining room and finish packing up all the Thanksgiving decorations and putting out the Christmas STUFF. My basement has enough STUFF to decorate at least 4 homes all different and I think it is about time to let some or alot of it go. The problem is I really bought alot of items thinking that my kids would want them someday well someday is here and they really don't want to do do full blown decorating like their Mom has done for many years but they also don't want me to give it all away so that is why the basement is like a warehouse for every holiday. Ok end of novel Skylark also hope your weather has improved. See you ladies have a nice Sunday.

Respected Contributor

Happy Sunday Funday, I'm making turkey soup with all my left overs.   Love to make soup, throw in everything and let it go all day..house already smells good.

Our neighborhood is still an ice rink.  Not much has changed since it hasn't melted any...makes for not enjoyable

walking

Cater so nice to see you ....I have really scaled back on the decorating and my sons and their wives don't want a lot of decorations either so I haven't given either of them anything.  They are always telling me to take this down and that down and it looks to crowded so guess I"m listening and cutting way back.  I do enjoy the lights though.

Nomless are you enjoying your weekend?   

Skylark  hi, any fun things happening this weekend on your end?

I really don't have much more here, so no novel.  half a chapter maybe Hahaha

Enjoy the day!

Respected Contributor

Cater, thanks for your good wishes about the job.  I appreciate it.  Have fun doing you Christmas decor.

Hi, Bopper.  Be careful walking on the ice.  Maybe you should stick to indoor things for awhile....your X bike and TG, etc

We're supposed to get more ice and snow overnight and tomorrow.  I really hope it doesn't pan out as I have a list a mile long of places I need to go tomorrow.  And I need to go do the treadmill...gotta get back on track this week with exercise and god eating!  My slug days need to be over!

Patty, I agree, those sheets feel great.  No shedding so far.  I think they're warmer than the fleece sheets.

Hi to Tony and Skylark and WMN and all our friends.

Valued Contributor

Raining here and I had a lot to do today.  We didn't get everything accomplished we wanted to with our crazy weekend.  DH flew out yesterday after church so yesterday morning was a whirlwind(I wait to pack because Lucy gets panicked)...then I went grocery shopping after church.  I sold tickets before church for the Ladies Christmas Party which is Friday night so I need to get that stuff situated and ready.  My gf and I are checking everyone in and doing name-tags but also need to decorate the check-in table...and make a dessert.

cater...I can't tell you what your prayers mean to me, choked me up!  So grateful...bopper and nomless too, really means so much to us. 

Oh yeah, what's this thread for...lol.  Saturday we did core and walked/ran(would run fast(not sprints but a hard pace to maintain), then power-walk for a recovery, then run, etc) a few miles, think the GPS said 6.4 so I'll say 6, can't remember.  And yesterday morning I took Lucy for a quick walk and did upper-body weights before church. 

I guess this morning I'll go to the gym and do treadmill and stair climber, then lower body weights.  My gf wanted to do a 10-miler at Mt.Trashmore after her weekend but we said not if it's raining.  So that will be for another day. 

nomless...when do you start the new job??  I'm sure you said but I don't recall.  Glad you liked the sheets!  Maybe they are warmer, I just turn the A/C up higher. Smiley Wink