Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the November Exercise Thread

Hi all,  I walked 4 miles this morning and will do another couple with Logan this afternoon.  It's warmer than yesterday.  We're at 35 but it is cloudy and kind of on the dark side.  No wind though so that's nice.

Nomless I love my socks.  I bought them locally and they are very soft and warm.  I got 2 pair and am thinking of going back for more .  It will take some adjusting getting  back into a work schedule but you can do it....I have to grocery shop tomorrow.  Have most of what I need for Thanksgiving but the "turkey"  hahahah

skylark the Owls were so cool!   So pretty...I hope the Raptor Center won't find anymore in distress.  Makes me sad!

Cater Logan was wound up this morning when I took him out....Something caught his "sniffer"....he's such a handful!

Patty is Lucy doing OK, being her usual self and bossing everyone around Hahaha. such a sweetie....with everything going on in your life her mischief has got to be a bight light in your day!

I'm watching Home Alone and decorating some.  Not putting up the usual though, it's just amounting to so much clutter and I"m kind of over the clutter even though some things I like it gets to be to many things...easier to take down that way also.

Make the most of your day everyone!

Respected Contributor

Bopper, your socks sound great.  Are they a brand I might be able to find here?  Online? Do you wear them just with your boots or shoes, too?  Do they stay up?

Hi, Skylark.  Yay that your snow ius melting.  I hope your Thanksgiving with your brother is fun.  

I had lunch with a friend then went to TJM to some Bliss lotion ...   love it.  Then I saw some chocolate, so I got some of that, too.  Lol.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Hi Everyone!

I just want to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving !

Respected Contributor

Same to you, Tony.  Will you have some time off work?  Enjoy it and relax!

Respected Contributor

Happy Thanksgiving Eve everyone,  I just came in from my walk and also went to town and got groceries and a few other little things...it's super windy out but it wasn't cold. 40 isn't cold for this time of year up here.

Tony Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours as well.. Hope you can have some time off of work to enjoy family time.

Nomless the sock only say Casual Wear as the label brand...sorry that's probably not much help.   I wear them with my shoes and my boots,,,I walked wearing them this morning with my walking shoes.  They are so soft..

Skylark our snow is gone but they said a mix tomorrow but for us we are usually shoveling the stuff by now, and it's alright with me to not have any!

Patty Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family too, hope it is wonderful for you!

Cater the same goes for you, I hope you have a wonderful day!

Well I better get to making my pies, enjoy the day everyone!

Respected Contributor

Bopper, I just went to Kohls and got a couple pair of Cuddl Duds socks to try.  They're soft, too, and reviews are good.  

It's a cloudy day today but will be warm.  Tomorrow winter sets in with freezing rain for much of the evening, then lots of cold days ahead.  Time to put the Berkshire fuzzy sheets on the bed!

Respected Contributor

Happy Thanksgiving everyone,

I walked 4 miles this morning while my turkey was cooking, had table set and pies all made..so I was pretty organized.   My dad and son and granddaughter came over.  It was small but nice and we watched my Lions win!

Nomless let m know how those socks are.  I bought a long sleeved t shirt to wear under my walking jacket.. So far I like it...it's also Cuddle duds.

Patty Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.  I hope all is well with everyone and Lucy.

Cater, Tony, wmn, skylark..I hope you are all enjoying your family time however big or small may everyone find Peace!

Valued Contributor

Thanks bopper, I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!  We had a really nice time but had to leave in the middle of playing Pictionary to get home to Lucy. 

nomless, I have those sheets and LOVE them!  Getting rid of my Malden Mills, can't sleep in anything but these now!  I keep it cold in here(54*-56* at night) so they're on our bed and fine.  I couldn't use them if we kept it warm(anything above 60*), but for us, they're great. Bought the kids some too and they are in love with them as much as I am...lol!  Soooo luxurious!   I'm going to get another pair for the guest bed.

We got in a few miles yesterday morning then did a really neat work-out.  It was 45 seconds of an exercise, then 15-second "active recovery"(running in place).  The 45-second exercise could be anything from burpees, jumping-jacks, lunges, plank, crunches, side cross-over lunges, etc., right to running in place, then back to a new exercise...some of them were repeated.  Anyway, dh and I both liked it...can't remember what they called it but similar to HIIT or a circuit. 

I'm doing bedsheets right now, dh is at the garage with my van ordering tires for Black Friday.  That's our big shopping of the day...well, I got a pair of UGG sneakers at Nordstrom's and some loafers, and a pair of black suede over-the-knee boots from Macy's.  I'm done Christmas shopping so I don't feel bad at all! Smiley Wink

We plan on getting a long one in today, just haven't decided where.  Then our friends invited us to the movies and/or to play games. 

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend...waving to all! 

Respected Contributor

Bopper and Patty, you did good getting a workout in yesterday.  I didn't....guess I'llbe a slug until Monday, then will get back at it.  

Patty, I'm happy to know you love the furry sheets....I don't know what else to call them, lol!  I'm putting them on my bed today because it's gotten cold.  I also have a new set of Malden Mills that I got during the CIJ sale, before the Berkshire sheets came on the scene.  Guess I'm set for awhile.

Yesterday I was going to a friend's house to be with her family but she had to cancel because her DGS is in the hospital.  I made chicken soup earlier this week and didn't want more leftovers, so I had soup yesterday.  Today I'll roast a turkey breast and a couple of sides.  Thanksgiving a day late.  

Patty, that workout sounds sort of like a tabita workout.  Glad you had fun.  

I'm working on getting psyched up about getting back on a schedule next week when I start the new part time job.  I'll probably like it once I get going, but right now, the thought of being on a schedule again is daunting. 

Happy Black Fridaycto all!

Valued Contributor

Yes, nomless, it was similar to Tabata too.  I wen to a boxing class at the gym that used that principal, it was pretty good because you'd punch with one arm for 3 minutes straight before the other one, and let me tell you, you sure could "feel the burn"...lol! 

You'll love the sheets, they're the bomb!  Mine are in the dryer right now.  My son said I shouldn't have bought them because it made it harder for him to get up for work...lol!   He said on his way into work early this morning, the lines to the mall and Best Buy were way out in the parking lot...crazy!