Valued Contributor

Re: Welcome to the November Exercise Thread

Morning! Today is our longer run day. Might go to the gym and lift too...run takes priority today though.

Well, I had a crazy day yesterday. After I signed off of here, things went downhill! From smoke alarms, Lucy panicking and freaking out over it, ER trip to dermie, couldn't get a hold of dh because he had his new Iphone set wrong and it would just "ping" when he got a call so he couldn't hear it, my head was ready to spin off my shoulders with him...I had food in the oven so I'm stressing over leaving the oven on with the animals in the house while I run to doctor but if I can't get a hold of him I can't leave it on, so food won't be ready, etc. But, I actually made it to the luncheon after the dermie ordeal and it was really nice. DH gave a nice speech and the families really seemed to enjoy it.

bopper...I'm hoping to hear this week. They said two weeks but it's never taken that long in the past. Think the one on my chest is bad...well, probably both.

60* in the house this morning...chilly. Still can't turn on the heat though...lol. I have the fireplace going. My gf is 4* this morning and back home is 9* so I won't complain...we're in the 30's.

Where is everyone?? Hope you all can enjoy your weekend!

Respected Contributor

Hi, all! Yesterday was a crazy day -- not my usual Friday. Smiley Wink This am I woke up and lifted and went to spin. It was so hot in there, I thought I might have to walk out. I ran out of water, too! Ran and picked up some bread, veggies, and a roasted chicken, so we will have some of that for lunch. Tonight we have a surprise birthday party to go to. My DVR went on the fritz and I have to get a new one. All of the shows on that one are lost, so I'm not sure what I'll do. I'm annoyed, for sure, but I can probably watch some online or ondemand after I get the new one. I just haven't had time to watch lately. Oh well..... I'm for SURE getting a nap in today. It's in the mid 40s here, but it was so cold and windy going to the gym this morning. I'm fine with cold, but with high winds, you just want to curl up inside with puppies and a blanket -- so I think I'll do that. Smiley Wink Patty, hope your spots you had removed are ok. I'll be praying. Bopper, how cute that Logan just lays down in the snow. Our little guys would not like that!! Smiley Wink They are lazy, anyway. Our temps have gotten more extreme over the past few years, so there are some times when I'm just not going to do it. They run around a lot inside, though, and play, so I'm not worried about their health or weight or anything. Hi to Nomless and the rest of the gang. Hope you're all doing well!!! Adios!
Respected Contributor

Hi all, it started off about 14 degrees here this morning. The guys at camp said it was 6 below zero....way early for this stuff.

Just came in from snow shoeing...much better now that I groomed my trail and now others are using it too!

Pppmint what a day you had...hoping and praying your dermi calls with good news...Logan tried to catch a squirrel today and he was bounding through the deep snow with his head up looking in the tree as if to say get down here............. LOL

FUTURE glad you got a nap in and a good workout too. Temps are crazy all over the place.

Nomless did they fix the seat on the bike? I sure hope so. Are you cooking this weekend. I just made Partridge soup. My son had it on Colorado and wanted me to find a recipe...I think I nailed it...just tasted it and it's really good.

Waving to everyone!

Valued Contributor

My 81-yr old cousin just hired a personal trainer...I'm so proud of her! She's never gone to the gym in her life so I'm sure that's a huge step out of her comfort zone...especially for someone her age. She walks 3-miles at a time but hasn't done anything else. She was going to get new work-out clothes...too cute! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

FUTURE....that's how our gym was yesterday!!! I'm not kidding, they had the heat up so darn high it was like a sauna in there...had trouble getting a deep breath and it makes me feel ill.

Thanks for prayers ladies!

I have white-bean chicken chili in the crock-pot and baked rolls...took a taste and am so thankful I only put half of the chili powder in. I don't like stuff too spicy.

Commissary was packed today, lots of people doing their Thanksgiving shopping already...I had to stand in line for 15 minutes.

bopper...I think Lucy has marked the base of every tree within a 20-mile radius of our house because she knows squirrels run up trees. She wants them to know she's been there and she's waiting...lol!

One of dh's guys got injured today in the ME...he's at the hospital now. He's been texting back and forth with them...doesn't sound super serious but not great.

Respected Contributor

Patty, I hope your spots come back neg. Prayers. How cool that your cousin got a trainer! I hope she enjoys it. Sorry about the injury....I hope he's OK. Bopper, I'll have to look up partridge soup. Never heard of it. It's snowy here today so I haven't checked out the bike yet. It' s probably not fixed yet. Will probably take a few days. I spent the day reading, didn't even do cooking. I don't know what I'm having for dinner. I don't feel like making anything. Have a good evening, everyone.
Respected Contributor

Bopper, I looked up partridge soup.....you really use partridge???? Where do you get it? What does it taste like? Chicken, I suppose. LOL.
Respected Contributor

45 min cardio done on treadmill. As I expected, the bike still isn't fixed.
Respected Contributor

Hey all, snow shoe day again..took Logan and he did good except for the snowballs going between his feet.

nomless partridge is a game bird we hunt up here. My son got the birds for me earlier this year. It's also called grouse and is a white meat bird, similar to chicken. I used wild rice in it too. Had it tonight and it's so good...

Tired tonight so hitting the hay.

Have a good rest of the night!

Valued Contributor

Happy Monday! Going to class at gym this morning, will take Lucy out for a mile or two first.

We were gone most of the day yesterday, didn't get home until 9. Stayed after the business meeting at church and talked, it was 8:30 before we knew it. Lucy wasn't happy.{#emotions_dlg.glare}

bopper...I don't think partridge tastes like chicken...lol! It all has a gamey taste to me. My mom used to try and fool me with it and Quail and I could always tell right away.

nomles...it's Monday morning again.{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} Dh was tired when that alarm went off at 5, yesterday was a busy day so he feels like he missed the weekend!

We had snow Saturday night! I see Texas and NC had quite a bit too. I didn't wear a headband running Saturday morning and where they did my biopsy was throbbing like crazy! Supposed to be up to 71* today then back down to 25*...that's when everyone starts getting sick. Already going around.

Respected Contributor

Hey all, I took trail today with my skiis....it was going good until the downed tree that I could neither get around nor go over. I had been straddling it with the snowshoes and getting over it that way...so dumb as I was I tried it with skis, and needless to say I ended up on my keister! After trying to get back up with skis on (about 10 minutes) I finally got up. I couldn't get the skis off the normal way as I wasn't in a position to have enough strength to press down the foot pin to release my foot...it was a site! I had to laugh at myself though....I mean how stupid can you be! So came home, showered and ate lunch. Kept thinking about the tree blocking my path...and headed back out on foot with my trusty "saw" {#emotions_dlg.laugh}My trail is now minus 2 small trees........can I say I felt so accomplished {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}my dad cracked up...good workout I tell you skiing the trail and cutting the tree...

My son loved the soup, said it was identical to what he had in Colorado. So I thought I did pretty good since he didn't remember everything that was in it. He's picky too....lots left too. I don't know PPmint...I grew up eating game as you probably did and I don't consider it gamey at all...maybe because I don't mind eating game...I was just glad it passed his inspection !

More snow expected tonight into tomorrow, and advisory is already out....

Have a good rest of your night!