Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the November Exercise Thread

Hey all, honkering down for our first Winter storm....Yes Monday afternoon through Wednesday...over a foot of snow is coming with wind.........I love seeing my grass! Time for the snow shoes to come out!

Pppmint was that the movie about the firefighter and the cat? I watch Hallmark all the time.

Hope your knee is Ok,,,ouch!

FUTURE hope your week is a good one...

nomless are you feeling any better emotionally? How is kitty doing and your friends collie? I hope your work week isn't crazy...wish you had some time off....

Already dark out,,,,yuck...but today we had blue skies and sun....it was so nice sitting outside even if the temp was 36 degrees, we had sun!

Hoping everyone has a good Monday and a good week!

Respected Contributor

Hi, Patty....yes, I'd choose the app round, too, so you could enjoy the rest of the evening without having work to do. It sounds fun. Bopper, how nice of you to ask about my friend's new kitty. She's very shy and tends too hide, so my friend is keeping her in one room. She sometimes opens the door and puts a baby gate up, so that kitty and collie can see each other and "talk.". So things are going well but slowly. My friend is ok with that. She has to go at kitty Maizie's pace. I didn't work out this eekend. Yesterday, a friend came over and I cooked a simple dinner. Today,.I did laundry and made potato fennel soup. It was very bland, a disappointment. I tried to jazz it up with spices, but still wasn't happy with it. Happy evening to all.
Valued Contributor

Nomless...I'm not a huge potato-soup fan to begin with but 2 of my gf's love it. Maybe it will taste better after it sits a while. Sounds like you were able to relax a little, glad a friend was able to come over. Hope this week goes better for you.

bopper...yes! That was the one....9 Lives or something like that. I know you do, I thought of you.Wink

We took Lucy out for a mile, kenneled her, then dh and I went for a good run...it's beautiful out again. I pushed myself past my comfort zone...I've done further distances recently, but not at this speed. We did a sprint on this one hill, I couldn't keep up with him but I wasn't too far behind.{#emotions_dlg.glare} In my defense, everyone says he's a hill runner and always has been. I really tried hard though, but I got to that point where I just couldn't keep the speed up the further we went. I kept running and can't even say it was a jog by the top of the hill...just not his speed so I'm happy with that. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Guess we're going to shower and head out. Dh is new-car shopping...ugh...stresses me out! I don't like it at all, it's overwhelming to me. I never understand people that say they enjoy it. He needs a new phone too so guess we'll get that while we're out. Thought we could get by with just his work Blackberry but he doesn't like using that for anything other than work. Plus it isn't compatible with my phone to send videos and such.

Okay ladies, I really "need" to shower...lol!! Have a great day everyone!

Respected Contributor

Patty, enjoy your nice day. It was pretty nice here this morning, but now clouds have settle in and it's getting coulder with flurries expected overnight, but no accumulation, I hope. I hope DH has fun shopping for a car and phone. Hi to Lucy, et. al. I hope DS is doing oK.

Bopper, I'm sorry about your snow, it's too early for snowshoes! But I but on a warm sunny day, it's fun to snowshoe, and it must be great exercise.

Speaking of which, I really need to get back to it. Exercise that it. My head just isn't into it yet. Maybe tonight I'll do a short, slow walk....just showing up and doing something is a good enough place to start, I guess.

Respected Contributor

I showed up and did 30 min cardio. It's a restart, good enough for day 1.
Respected Contributor

Hi, all!! Hunkering down for a big old cold front to move in. It'll barely be out of the 30s for at least a week, with a chance of various things falling from the sky this weekend. I managed to get a walk with the pups in today, had to since it's the last nice day for a while. They got their haircuts recently, and they will be entirely too cold to go for a walk with it that cold. Also did Pilates for 30 minutes. Hope you all have a nice evening!
Valued Contributor

Rainy and gloomy here today but we can't complain, it's been beautiful out the past few days. Dh and I ran in the rain this morning after we took Lucy out...more of a mist. Then did circuits of jump-rope with push-ups and dips.

Spent all day yesterday car shopping...ugh. Think we found what he wants though. I'm taking my gf out to lunch and for a pedi so he's on his own but I gave him the bottom line. And I won't budge. We walked out of one dealership yesterday over $280. Buh-bye. If it's meant to be, it will happen.

Glad you got your work-out in nomless, I know it's hard when we're grieving.

Waving to everyone!! I need to get ready...she doesn't have a car so I have to drive down to her house. Hope everyone is having a good week!!

Respected Contributor

Hi, all. We got 1/2" or less of snow last night, but because of the wind and frigid temp, it iced over. They often will pre-treat the streets when precip is coming and it's cold, but not yesterday. The commute this morning was dicey, with accidents all over town. Now the sun is out and the ice has melted, thank goodness. Like much of the country, it's going to be cold this week.

Yesterday I couldn't do the recumbent bike because the seat adjustment is broken and I can't reach the wheels. I called the management co. about it last week, but they didn't fix it. I called again last night....hope they fix it this time.

Patty, I hope DH settles on a car soon, so you don't have to think about it any more.

Hi, Future, the shock of the cold is something, isn't it, after the nice weather until now. Stay warm.

Bopper, from the weather maps I've seen, you got way more than a dusting of snow. I hope all is well there. How's Dad doing? I hope he's better.

Hi, Cater. I hope you're warm, too.

Hey, Toni! Where ya been? Miss you.

Respected Contributor

Y'all it is freaking cold here. The wind absolutely cut right through me this morning. Hubby and I did done stuff in the yard after work, and I couldn't get motivated to work out any more. I had to warm up!!! We are going to cuddle up with the pups and find a movie to watch at home tonight. I see some sleepy time tea in my future. Smiley Wink Hope you all have a good night!
Valued Contributor

Happy Hump Day! Doing a quick drive-thru! Need to lace-up my sneakers, have a dermie appt this morning, need to get groceries, credit union, drop off title at car dealership, church this evening, etc. We have our big command Thanksgiving on Friday so I need to make a couple of HUGE dishes...will get the big aluminum pans at grocery store so I can just leave them.

Oh my word, my gf and I had quite the time at the nail salon yesterday...they were so mean!!! LOL...It was a SNL skit! We laughed so hard, it could only happen to us. We stopped over to see another gf afterwards and we laughed so hard, we were crying.

Yes, nomless, he got his new vehicle yesterday...it's sharp. I'm sure it will be my hand-me-down one day and I'm totally okay with that!Wink Although the kids are hoping it's theirs...lol!

Okay...need to roll! I'm sore from yesterday! Waving!!!