Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the November Exercise Thread

Hi, everone. I'm here. Thanks for the shout-out, Patty. I did sleep last night, but I feel wiped out today, nonetheless. I didn't do a workout yesterday, have a feeling I won't do one today, either. Oh, well, it is what it is. I give myself permission to slack and know I'll get back on track.

Yea....Future and Tony, where are ya? I hope things are OK in your part of the world.

Patty, it's awesome that DH will be home early and that things went well for him. Enjoy the cookies! TRX looks fun. Did you go to that class?

Hi, Bopper, how are things in the UP? I hope your day is a nice one.

I have no news to report. Oh, I don't usually let the cats into my bedroom, but a cuddle from them would have been nice, so last night I decided to try it. First one would settle down on the bed, then the other came and a fight would break out--"that's my spot!" sort of thing. After about 20 minutes of that, I decided to exile both of them to the living room again. I thought they would complain, but I didn't hear a peep out of them all night. Crazy cats.

Respected Contributor

Hi, all. Sorry, it's been so busy! I was out of town last weekend and lazy on Sunday. Monday was work and several errands and an appt. same yesterday. I finally got a small workout in Tuesday, and I'll hit up the gym in a minute. I'm sorry to go so fast, I just have a lot going on, but all is well. Nomless, I just saw your post about your cousin. I'll be praying for you and your family. Have a nice evening, all.
Respected Contributor

Morning, couldn't get on here yesterday. I even chatted with a CS rep who said the sign in was being repaired. Anyway yesterday I walked 4 miles and did some stretching. Today i did 2 Miles and 30 minutes of Yoga.

We have a light dusting of snow...but still see grass. Tomorrow is supposed to be windy and snowy.

Nomless I hope you are feeling a little better...it takes time and nobody has the same time frame for healing so you take the time "you" need! Glad the kitties comfort you.

FUTURE glad you posted...I bet you're glad its Friday!

Pppmint hi and waving to you and Lucy!

Make homemade chicken soup last night and will have it again tonight and it's so good and comforting...DH loves soup also.

Oh Pppmint I forgot to say when we were out of town I had that Turkey/Cranberry flatbread sandwich at Panera and it was awesome...had the bowl of Turkey and rice soup too and woza I wish we had that place here!

Ok, have a wonderful day!

Valued Contributor

Hi everyone!

nomless, yes, I've done the TRX classes....they can be quite different depending upon the instructor. Some kind of mix it up with Bootcamp or CrossFit moves, or have you jump on the spin bikes after a set and do a HIIT-style work-out...and some are more slow, long, and hard on the straps until you're shaking so bad you feel like you can't stay in that position for one second longer. Not sure which one is worse! Really works your core along with whatever body part you're focusing on. Hope you are getting enough rest and can regroup this weekend.

FUTURE...Hope you can slow down some this weekend and regroup also!

bopper...a gf and I just went to Panera after bible study today! I had the Cobb salad minus the bacon. Dh and I are going on Monday because they are giving military a free "you-pick-two" meal.

DH got home last night so late to bed and up early this morning. We're going kayaking tomorrow with friends after our run and then out to dinner. Have a dinner tonight and a lunch after church on Sunday...business meeting Sunday night...so we're looking forward to Monday! And I have 2 weeks worth of wet, muddy laundry to do. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Respected Contributor

Hi, all!! Kind of a slow day at work, but I had a lot of errands to run & I am ALMOST done with Christmas shopping!! Just need to pick up one or two small things. Smiley Happy I don't go near the mall after Thanksgiving. Around here, you're just asking to go nuts if you do. It takes a court order for me! I'm not sore from last night, so that's good, considering how little I've worked out lately. I'll do spin and weights tmrw, so I will probably not be able to move Sunday Smiley Wink Let's see......tonight we are just going to eat at home and then go out for some coffee (DH & myself), and tomorrow a close friend is coming to visit, so I'll do lunch with her, so that will be great. The next couple of weeks are crazy busy for me. I think I just have a couple of free nights til thanksgiving. I'm trying to gear up for it...... That panera sandwich sounds good. I might have to try it soon. I saw Jason's Deli has a sandwich with turkey and cranberry, I think on wheat bread, but I always do the salad bar there, so I haven't tried it. Ok, well, I am going to take a little cat nap and then get dinner fixed. Hope you all have a great evening!!
Valued Contributor

Hey all! Been up and cracking since 5. Want this laundry done before we head out.

In the 30's here this morning, great running weather. Kids got snow again yesterday, I see a lot of people did. I doubt we'll see any of that for some time.

Thinking of you nomless. {#emotions_dlg.wub}

I ordered a Ripka cuff, have the matching ring so wanted to get this before I miss out. I might get a couple of Christmas gifts too but can't decide...have had a few things in and out of my cart. {#emotions_dlg.unsure} Hate when I can't make a decision. We already have 4 Christmas parties on the calender so it's on my mind...coming quickly. We're heading to PA in two weeks, then dh speaks on the 1st I think it is, we'll drive home the 2nd, and I have 2 that week! So I really don't have much time. Trying to get ahead of the ballgame but we know how that goes.{#emotions_dlg.glare}

Hope everyone enjoys their day!!!!

Respected Contributor

Bopper, I'm glad you got back on the forum. I wonder what the problem was???

Future, yea that you're about done with Christmas shopping. I don't have much to do, as most friends and famliy have decided to do away with gift exchange. I have no ideas for what to do for the few people I do exchange gifts with. Enjoy your time with your friend today.

Patty, it's great that DH is back home. Bet Lucy is happy, too. Have fun shopping Ripka. I got the ez pay offer from Q that I want to take advantage of, but things on my wish list are all under $50 and don't qualify. I'm sure eventually I'll find something.

I've been nesting this week. I bought new fleece lounge sets and a new robe. Put fleece sheets on my bed. Today I'm going to make potato fennel soup. Need soft, cozy things around me, ya know? I've been driving myself crazy this week re: could have's-would have's-should have's re: my cousin (I should have called her last week as I intended but got busy and didn't, etc.), but it's gradually sinking in that those things wouldn't have made a difference--I'd still be dealing with her death now, so I need to let teh regrets go. I'm sure in heaven, she's feeling the same, wishing she had called me, etc. I'm sure in heaven she's madder than heck that she died...."I wanted to come here, but not NOW!" I feel at sea and lost and lonely. All the normal stuff that we feel when someone important to us is taken away.

I have lots of laundry to do today and will settle down with a light book. This afternoon maybe I'll go do a light cardio workout. Some movement might help me feel better.

Have a good weekend, everyone.

Respected Contributor

Hi, all! Well, it got a little chilly here, and it's supposed to maybe snow next weekend. What????? It was in the 80's two weeks ago...... Anywho...... Hit up the gym this am, spin and lifting, and then came home and ate breakfast with hubby and cleaned up a little bit. Now I need to shower and paint my nails. I didn't go to sleep til after midnight, and woke up before six, so I need to sneak in a nap. Nomless, most of my Christmas shopping is family. Friends rarely do gifts anymore. Patty, my schedule is looking the same. I only have a few nights free between now and Thanksgiving! I'm flying to see family over Thanksgiving! and then the Christmas parties start. I'm trying to keep after Thanksgiving to a minimum this year. The last few years have been a little much, honestly. Ok, I need to get showered -- I am FUNK-AY!! Smiley Wink Have a nice one, all!
Respected Contributor

Hey all, its snowing off and on here today and very and cold...heading to 5 pm church in a little while.

Walked the trail with Logan 2x today. It's slippery walking on those wet leaves..

Nomless cozy things are soothing...I agree 100%. Love the idea of fleece lounge wear and the cozy sheets...I love my bed with my sheets....

Future your ahead of the game on Christmas shopping. I like to do that too and am almost done as well. We really scaled back this year though and are focusing on the reason for the season....of course my GD will get gifts but adults is very small and homemade if at all possible.

Pppmint the busy season is starting for you guys for sure....have to say we have no parties and I'm Ok with that haha....I love Panera,,,sure wish we had that place here...

Don't like the darkness this time of year but not much I can do about it.

Well have to get ready for church...have a great evening all...we're watching Hallmark Christmas movies!

Valued Contributor

Morning!

FUTURE...this year is going to be crazy, I can't keep it to a minimum so I'm just going to go with it and enjoy it all! I'm even thinking of hosting part of a Progressive Christmas party that we have...was thinking of doing the dessert portion, but then you can still have people in your house at 2 a.m....lol. I think I'll do the appetizer part of it, then we can move onto the main course at someone else's home.Wink I can't even decide on hotel for our PA trip so I need to get my act together!

Have most of my shopping done but I kind of pick stuff up all year long. Thinking of doing a ski-trip as our main gift to the kids. Just need to set that up too...it's so hard with everyone's schedules and everything else going on.

bopper...I watched a Hallmark movie last night from 8 to 10, can't remember the name. It was cute.

nomless...I laughed about the cats. Our bedroom door is open so we have them in and out all night long. Just kind of used to it at this point. Lucy sleeps between us all night long.

Yesterday was beautiful out on the water, so peaceful. Forgot my visor, nose and bridge across cheeks got a little red but it's gone this morning. I whaled my knee doing lunges yesterday morning on the blacktop...took my breath away and I couldn't move for a minute. I am such a klutz...lol!

I'm sore all over today so taking it off. Time to hop in shower, hope everyone has a great day!