Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the May Exercise Thread

Foxxie, how nice of that woman to point out your back posture while walking and how good of you to accept her tip in the spirit it was given. I know I walk with my shoulders rolled forward. I try to remember to straighten up, but often fail to do so. Gotta make better posture a higher priority. It makes a difference.

Honored Contributor

Good rainy morning everyone.  Started last night and supposed to be all day.  Ok, no big deal.

I forgot to mention something funny that happened last week while I was waiting for the instructor to arrive.  This lady who I see about one or twice a week came in.  Bye, she is very tall and slim and indeterminate innage.  In the last few months I've wondered if she was pregnant.  So, on this particular day, I decide to chit chat about her pregnancy...... you know, pass the time while waiting.

So I wander over, say hi and say, " so when are you do?"  She looks at me strangely and says "do?  Like in baby do?"  Well, I started sinking into the floor as I started apologizing.  She laughed and said that at 69, that would be a miracle.  I laughed but felt even more stupid.  I had always saw her from across the room and she looked much younger than 69.  Thin with black hair and enough belly to be maybe three months. She said she felt flattered.  I felt stupid and I will never again ask that question of someone I don't know, lol.  I wondered if she had fibroids but I sure wasn't going to ask, lol.

Body and sculpt class along with my flexibility class today.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

LOL @Mmsfoxxie.  At least she sounded gracious about it.

Wow--we had some awful weather yesterday afternoon.  I left about an hour and a half early to avoid it and I was glad I did.  They had softball sized hail in some parts of Denver that did some massive damage.  I got pea sized hail, but we had a lot of thunder and lightning and it was a brutal storm.  Kevin (my little dog) was fascinated with the hail.  He also loves snow.  I'm glad he isn't afraid of thunder though.  None of my dogs have had that fear.

Today is supposed to be small group training, but I will be the only one there, so no place to hide.  I started learning 3 new Zumba songs yesterday.  One of them I know pretty well--it's one of those songs that I get into because of the beat of the music.  Once I know them, I've got one more to learn and will have a complete class ready to go.  I'm in an instructor class on Saturday (I think I posted that before--I'm getting like my mom and repeating myself).

We're supposed to have another round of severe weather today.  They are saying it won't be as bad, but that doesn't mean much.  I plan on leaving a little early again today.

Hope you all have a great day!

Respected Contributor

Hey eveyone, today was an hour of Pilates.  Then hair appt and yard cleaning.  It was 27 here this morning, gosh it's cold and we still have no leaves on the trees so it's quite barron looking here.

Foxxie yikes I understand how you must have felt.  Glad she was okay with hit.  It's hard to know sometimes.

Dr.Kelli, my son and DIL live in the Denver area and he said there was substantial damage to car windshields from the hail.  More storms today.  

I heard the cherry crop in Traverse city will most likely be damaged by all the cold and the apples.  What a shame!  I wonder if the blueberries and strawberries will take a hit.  I so look forward to fresh berries.

Kind of looks like rain now, we are under high fire warnings.  Funny as there is still lots of standing water in the woods but it depends on where you are too.

Have a good evening everyone!

Respected Contributor

Happy Wednesday everyone, it's finally 60 here,,,,,and the bugs are out  LOL   Can't win I guess.  My friend and I walked the neighborhood and we were waving our arms around our heads as those little black flies were all around us.   Dandelions are out now too.  Leaves should follow.  Got groceries this morning and there is more road construction so it took longer to get there this morning.   And does anyone else dislike driving in narrow lanes with those barrels up on both sides.  I always think I'm going to hit one and really semi trucks drive through it so I think I should be able to but I hate it!   We are building a new hospital and they are making 3 'round a bouts' for the traffic going in and out...this will be an all summer road construction project too. 

I may be able to even sit on the deck this afternoon, yes I may!   Smiley Happy

Hope everyone is alright, I really have no news!     Have a good one!

Honored Contributor

Hump Day!!!!! Did 2.5 mi/32 min on the treadmill.

@Mmsfoxxie oh no!  My husband would see a lady out jogging or walking all the time and he thought she was pregnant.....but for waaay too long.  After passing each other for about a year she finally told him that she was tired of looking pregnant after having 6 kids.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

Hi, everyone.  Whew!  I couldn't sign on this morning for love or money!  I gave up and went on about my day.

ComEd is digging holes about every other yard putting cable wires in.  This is the time of year that grass, with care, is so beautiful.  I talked to one of the workers yesterday (one of several since I first saw them going around spraying orange lines in the grass) and he clarified things for me.  He said, no, notices weren't sent out and he wishes they had because every yard he's been in, he's been challenged as to why they are messing up the grass.  Me, I don't understand why cables are going underground.  How are they going to be maintained.  He even dug into my rock garden.

When I came home, my husband said that the man said I let him have it, lol.  I told him that the man exaggerated.  I just told him how unhappy I was about messing up my TruGreen, newly mowed yard.

Did some walking today and got a pedicure.  First time I felt the need not to give a tip.  This is a big mani pedi week it seems.  It was crowded.

@MickD, I don't think I'll ever see that lady again without feeling embarrassed, lol.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Good morning, all.  We had a really strong rain last evening into the night.  Just a little thunder but boy was the house beaten.

Hubbie's car needed more money put into it so he decided to just trade it in.  We've spend over $3000 on it already this year.  Isn't that always the way?  I consider that $3000 thrown away.  The same thing happened with my car two years ago.  I spent a couple of thousand on it that winter and by August, I had to replace it.

So the good thing about this is that hubby has decided to get rid of the car that's sitting in the garage taking up space.  (I posted about that a while back).  He wants to donate it, a 1990 Nissan, but can't find the title.  Anybody know who would take it without a title?  I donated one years ago under similar circumstances but I can't remember who accepted it.  I think it was Cars for Kids.

A little grocery shopping is on the menu this morning and then walking at the Center.  Have a good day everyone.

Respected Contributor

Hi, everyone. Have a good day.

Because I never have any news, I forget to log in and post. We had rain all day yesterday, but nothing severe.

My aqua necklace got here yesterday. I love it and am glad I got it even at the much higher price. 

Gosh, I really don't have any news, bit it's fun to read yours. Foxxie, I laughed at your story about the pregant lady. Too funny!

Respected Contributor

It's finally clearing up here in Denver.  We're supposed to be in the 80s by the weekend.  I took a quick fit class yesterday and today is Zumba.  I think I'm going to go to a zumba class at my local rec center on Tuesday nights.  They have classes Tues and Thurs, but since I have an 8 hour Zumba class on Saturday, I'm going to pass today.  I'm taking another instructor class next Sunday, but I'm not sure I am physically strong enough for it.  It is Zumba Strong and I watched some of the video and it looks super hard.

@nomless, I'm glad you like your necklace.  I put one on today that I got on our cruise (one of the ship 'giveaways'). I always forget necklaces because if I am at a plant, I can't wear them.  My usual jewelry is a watch and a pair of sterling hoops that I've had for 20 years.