Honored Contributor

Re: Welcome to the May Exercise Thread

OMG!  @bopper, he was just plain nasty and uncouth!  In your front yard?  And on your grass!  I'm sure there is a law against that.

I've accidently seen men do that but they try to hit it.  When I lived in Cbicago, they have alleys.  I saw a guy do that in an alley between two garages once.  He was trying to hide, though.  Then, once I was on a date with a bf who had drank beer while we were out.  He stopped the car and said he had to get something out of the trunk.  When he got back into the car, I asked what he got since I didn't see anything in his hands.  He told me that actually he had to urinate and couldn't hold it so he lifted the trunk and pretended to look for something while he actually was peeing.  I howled with laughter and tears til we got home which was a long time because we were stuck in traffic which is how he was able to get out, do his business and come back without parking.  We women should have it so easy, lol.

BTW, after a year or so of going together, I realized that he drank too much and was one of the reasons we broke up.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Good morning everyone.  Beautiful day yesterday and the same expected today.  Hope everyone is doing well.

I have a Red Hatter birthday  luncheon to attend today.  Hope I am ‘mindful’, a WW buzz word, lol, of what I eat.

Tomorrow, hubby and I are going out of town so I don’t see a real workout for me until Monday.  Have a great day everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Went to the gym and did about 25 minutes of a reclining bike while I read a book I just bought.

Then headed to Power.  We had a sub so class was pretty uneventful except for the obnoxiousness that is Adonis who tried to game her.  I left elementary school a long time ago and had enough manners back then to be nice to the substitutes but apparently he was raised in a barn instead.

He also decided to show off again and keep pressing long after the shoulder routine ended.  The entire class walked past him unimpressed.  How sad to have such little self esteem that you need to show off in such an infantile way.  Even the unborn kid has more couth at this point.

I am extremely sore.  Yesterday I thought I was having a heart attack or really bad anxiety attack with my chest and arms so sore.  I have been going up on my weights and I think my body has finally noticed.  

I hope everyone has a great Thursday.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Good morning, all.  I'm so happy that this is Thursday.  Or Friday Eve, as I like to call it.

I got some pretty upsetting news last night. My 85 year old mom was diagnosed with breast cancer.  She hasn't met with the oncologist yet, so she doesn't have a lot of information, but she's pisst because we have a lot of trips planned and she doesn't have time for this!  I will say that I'm proud of her attitude.  I hope it isn't invasive and that it can be taken care of with a lumpectomy or something simple.

Today is maybe Zumba, probably not Zumba--I guess I'll see when I get to the gym.  My regular trainer needs to get back here from his vacation.  I didn't go to the gym Tuesday and I probably won't go tomorrow.  This is unacceptable.  LOL

Super busy again today, but I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DrKelli  I know exactly what you are about to go through.  That's wonderful she has that kind of attitude.  It will serve her well. 

I know you'll find out specifics soon but most late stage breast cancers are treated very conservatively because the odds are the treatment is more harmful than the disease.  I hope you are correct and she has a quick and easy process. 

Big hugs and prayers across the virtual screen for you both.  HeartHeart 

Respected Contributor

Hey everyone, well we finally got some rain, not nearly enough but it rained hard for about 15 minutes, and now super muggy.  Temp is 70 and humidity is even higher than that, no wind either.  

@Mmsfoxxie it was uncouth, and disguisting..And we live on the end of a street with woods, why not go down to the woods and do it, no manners and I was wanting to run him in but thought you never know how peoples tempers are these days.  Enjoy your luncheon and your weekend with hubby!

I rode my outside bike today about 8 miles, my HR got way up there for a bit doing hills but evened out after that.  

I see gas is really going up this weekend, pretty horrible for those traveling.  We don't go anywhere, hubby works Saturday and we have no plans for nothing so I am actually relieved.  It's nice to not have a ;plan.   Will probably have dad over for Monday cookout but nothing fancy here, burgers or brats on the grill.

@DrKelli so very sorry about your moms news.  I'm sure after she sees her oncologist she'll have more information.  Was this detected in a mamo?  Smiley Tonguelease keep us posted and I will pray for her.  Her attitude is great, I'm not sure I'd be so great!

@nomless how are you doing?  Anything new?   

@JudyL hope your feeling okay and can get in a walk.  You have Monday off work right?

@MickD the trail here is still super muddy in spots, have you pulled any ticks off the pups?  WAtched a program on them, super icky!

@Laura14 How is the basement coming?   I have heard pound class is fun, do you like it?

Missing @Iluvlucy and hoping she checks in.

Can't believe it's 3:30 here already, the day sure goes fast.

Enjoy your Thursday everyone!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bopper  It has rained here for 10 days straight and we now have a tropical depression on the way.  I'll gladly send my ark to you.  So far it's stayed dry today and I am hoping it holds because the lawn is out of control with all the water!  I need to mow after I get off work.

The basement hasn't yet started (wasn't supposed to until after Memorial Day) but my mother is playing games with me and now the contractor so I'll believe it when I see it.  It better get resolved quickly or Iowa here I come.  I'm all done people!

Oh and best thing about Pound is you get to hit things.  A great and necessary thing in my life right now.

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli Prayers being sent to your mom......that's never good news.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

OMG I almost died.  It's been a long time since I had to take actual breaks cutting the lawn.  Third workout of the day done and tomorrow I am telling you all now is rest day!

Hope everyone gets off to great start with their holiday plans.

Respected Contributor

@DrKelli,  I was sorry to read your news.Prayers for your mom. I hope she will be ok.