Valued Contributor

Re: Welcome to the March Exercise Thread

OH MY WORD!!!  I've been trying this entire time to get back in to edit my post for MickD and it wouldn't let me!  Took me all over the place...every time I'd hit "reply", it would take me to my order status again!  I signed in and out 3 times and still couldn't get to "edit".  They need to fix this!

Anyway, glad you got you on the trails again.  I hope that means your foot is on the mend as I know that is what you've been struggling with. 

Waving to everyone else...now that i'm totally frustrated with this site...lol!!! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bopper, my book was soft cover...maybe that makes a difference and I'm almost sure my location had something to do with my face delivery.  I read a few pages of it while I was waiting to have my taxes done

@Iluvlucy, I meant to mention your migraine.  I call it the sick headache.  Nausea always accompanies it.  In my younger years I used to get them all the time....I think it was because of the birth control pills that I took.  I might get one about once a year now.  So sorry you went through it.  A quiet, dark room helps slightly.  Aged cheese was a trigger for me, too.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Just wanted to pop back in and say my Pilates book came but not the yoga book, all ordered at the same time.  I haven't had much time to look through it though.  I hope there is some reformer work in it, it looks very interesting.   Maybe early next week then the Yoga one will come.   Thanks for asking  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Hi, all. I haven't read all the new posts. I logged in to see if they have changed the login process back to what it used to be. Nope, login still takes to you to order status page, and then you have to navigate back to the forum. I hate this, and frankly, it's likely to cut down on the frequency of my posts.

It'sbeen like this a week or more, so I'm guessing the new function is not an error they could correct, but instead is the newbplan to encourage purchases. A failed plan, IMO. Taking me to my order status page is is NOT going to make me buy something else. I hope Webbie is monitoring posts and sees that most posters feel the same.

Respected Contributor

Morning, another no sun day here with drizzle and cold damp 32.

Nomless I am also getting the order status page but then all I do is scroll down to the bottom and where is says blogs and forum, click that on and it takes you right here.  Not too bad.

Not much going on here, can't do anything outside, will do some Pilates and watch the Tigers and probably the race too.   

it's 10$ to get into the Sport and RV show at the dome for the 2 of us and we don't want to spend 10$ to walk around and look at things we aren't buying so rules that out.

Kind of bla day but it is what it is.   Nice wood fire makes it cozy though. 

Have a good day everyone!

Valued Contributor

Happy Monday everyone!  Raining here....we went from almost 80* and humid Saturday(and that was without sun), to cool, damp 30's and drizzling here Sunday morning too bopper.  And I can't believe we still had some snow mounds even after the hot weather!  We walked Lucy Saturday night and there were a few of them, thought for sure they'd be melted, smaller but still there. 

DH and I did 6-miles yesterday morning...then went out for brunch with my gf and when we came out of the restaurant, we all said, "Man, you can feel the temp has really dropped"....we get in my van and were shocked to see the temp was up...colder than when it was in the 30's.  

We had a huge herd of deer jump out in front of us yesterday morning crossing the trail we were on.  Something must have spooked them but they sure startled us!  They came out of nowhere.  And we saw around 20 of the huge Piliated woodpeckers, they were all over the place. So many we couldn't even count them.

We stayed on the main trail because I had my new running shoes on....OH!  I forgot...remember I used to be a wear-tester for Saucony running shoes?  Well, I got an email out of the blue asking me if I'd be interested in doing it again...had to fill out a survey.  This time wasn't just for Saucony, had some other companies and hiking shoes.  The rules sure have gotten tighter...can't tell what shoes you have, no pictures, etc.  Guess the age of social media has changed everything. 

Also went to TJMaxx, the movie L I F E, and grocery shopping.  Movie was pretty good...not for the faint of heart. 

Going to the gym this morning...think I'm doing the Trifecta...lol.  Have 3 classes in a row I want to do...but they aren't all hard like HIIT and kickboxing back to back...that was tough! 

Mssfoxxie, nomless, Mick D...hope you're all doing well. 

Honored Contributor

Good beautiful Monday morning everyone!  Wow, @Iluvlucy, you had a very full day.  @bopper, you didn't short stop either, lol.

We went to church yesterday.  I hadn't been for a few months.  My husband, since he had his cancer 3 years ago, has only went when he is invited by one of his friends, as was the case yesterday.  One of his friends was a guest preacher at a church so we went to support him.

Several of my husband's other friends were there too and before the service started they were teasing him, asking if he knew where his keys were.  They weren't talking about him losing his keys on his trip where he lost a whole set.  Seems like he misplaces them a lot, so they tease him.  It worries me, though.

One of the instructors at my health center, once in a while, does a fun cardio 'party' at a wine bar.  I bought a ticket to go yesterday evening.  Well...the concept was good but it was sooo crowded that it was difficult to do the movements and be safe.  And the heat seemed to be on.  The outside temp was round 70 yesterday.  His classes are high energy and I was sweating bullets.  I lasted about 45 minutes before I decided to leave before I fainted, lol.  My hair was dripping wet, literally.  Lesson learned.  I must be different....everybody was in heaven....enjoying themselves.  I tried but I couldn't overlook the safety hazard.  I'm willing to bet that there was a fire violation in there.  There were more patrons than seating by almost double....all exercising.  I guess the owner closed it down for regular patrons for this event.  Hardly anybody used the bar but a few did.  Made no sense to have a glass of wine just before high energy movement.  An old persons POV, evidently.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Hi all, Colorado is having a roller coaster weather week--we are supposed to be in the 60s today and have snow forecast at least two other days this week.

I'll have my usual workout routine this week--2 days boot camp, 2 days strength training, and a day of Zumba.  I'm working at learning 3 new routines to teach this week.  I'm very lucky in that my regular teacher is my mentor and lets me teach one or two songs each week to practice.  The hardest part is the mirroring (me starting on my left foot because I am facing the class) and the non-verbal cueing.  But practice makes perfect!  In May, I am taking another instructor training--Strength by Zumba, which is HIIT training with Zumba dancing as the recovery between the high intensity intervals.

Respected Contributor

Happy Monday!

Here we are again in the dreary dulldrums of Spring or Pre-Spring.   Very damp 35 degrees, overcase, foggy, drizzling....Yep it is what it is.

I did Pilates reformer for 80 minutes today and my yoga stretches.  I may try and go on the trail .  Have to wear the big Sorels though, the mud is like quick sand and seriously everyone who walks there lets their dogs poop on the trail and can you imagine with the snow melt how that looks ( gag).  LOL .   Icy back there too as no sun gets in there  ( not that we've had any sun)

Lucy you had a full day yesterday.   I have Mr. and Mrs. Piliated come almost everyday to the suet feeder on my deck.  I love them!  I address them when they come.  Oh yesterday I was on the phone with my son and making dinner and I look out and see a sharp shinned hawk in the tree about 6 ft. from my bird feeders.   I was stuffed, I never see them close like that.   Then all of a sudden the birds scattered something terrible and a little finch flew into my kitchen window and he didn't make it.  The feathers stuck to the glass and DH went out to check on it to be sure it wasn't just stunned but it wasn't and he made sure.  It hit hard!  The hawk scared them all so much, they panicked.   He buried it for me.   We saw over 30 deer in the field by the house too, they are in the grass now that is showing.    Cool about the wear-tester and for hiking boots and shoes too.   Are you going to do it?   Which classes did you decide on today?

Foxxie the Cardio wine party sounds like it was very overcrowded, and I can sure see how it would be hot in there with that many bodies.   Good concept but too crowded.  I'd have left too, I'd have felt claustrophobic I think.  

Nomless how was your weekend?  I hope your feet are feeling better.

I am babysitting my grandchildren today and tomorrow, school is on break so I have them both but my older GD is 11 so she is a big help actually.  

My younger son and DIL will find out soon if they are having a boy or a girl!  I can't wait!   Just wish they were closer to us and not a 2 and a half day drive if we drove.  

I'm cold right now.   Was out with Logan and that dampness.  I think it makes my low back tighter also.  Hubby tweeked his at the Y, but not on a machine, in the shower!  Isn't that how it goes sometimes, the way you'd think you could hurt yourself it doesn't happen like that but something as simple as showering.  I've thrown my neck out washing my hair in the shower.

Well better do up some dishes and then take my boy out.    Have a good Monday!

Honored Contributor

@bopper, I can imagine your excitement about the upcoming baby.  Does it matter to you and your family whether it's a boy or girl?  I'm glad my son is having a girl.

@DrKelli, how long have you been doing Zumba?  We have two Zumba instructors at my fitness center.  The lady does a very structured class, strickly Zumba type music and you know her moves by the song played.  I like that with her, you learn her choreography and no surprises.  The othe one is a guy and he does Zumba style moves and he adlibs the who time.  His classes are always full because he makes it so much fun but you have to pay close attention since you're never sure what's next.  I call him the energizer bunny cause he never stops moving.

This morning, Idid my walk, one and a half miles.  Next was Senior Express (cardio and light weights) and lastly, Body and Strength which is fast cardio, weight band and free weights.  That was enough for me, lol.