Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the June Exercise Thread

@Mmsfoxxie, thanks for saying you like to read my posts even when I don't have much news. That's so sweet.  I appreciate you're saying so.

I'm sorry you feel some misgivings about your Vegas trip. I hope that once you see DGD, the bad memories will take a back seat. Yay that you were strong and got out of a bad situation. Remember you still have that strength, and now you have your DH for support, too.

I still haven't decided for sure if I'm going to get the kittens, but today I have an appt with my vet to discuss. The kittens are not rescue, they are from a breeder. Please don't be critical. I've had several cats from the humane society, and they were wonerful, I loved them dearly. But then I got Shadow, he was a Korat. It's a breed with a unique personality, so now my heart is with Korats. If I get another cat, I want it to be a Korat. The kittens will be ready to go to their new homes around the first of July. 

Respected Contributor

Just a quick driveby post. I'm working from home today and have a boat load to do.

Well, talk about a geriatric concert last night!!! It cracked me up!  No dancing, people sat politely in their chairs and clapped just as politely when the songs finished.  It was a fantastic show--the band was having fun, Mike and Micky were having fun and I can't say enough about the quality of singing and showmanship.  Mike's son was actually one of the band members and he was so funny.  At the end, I couldn't take any more and got up and danced.  They sang a lot of old songs and some of Mike's stuff, but it was just so much fun!

My mom is doing well, not much pain, just a headache according to my sister.  Her oxygen levels are low, so they are trying to figure that out before they discharge her.  Overall, it looks like things are good.

I'll catch up tomorrow!

Respected Contributor

Good Morning, rain last night was much needed to help with the wild fires.  Now the sun is out and the breeze is cool so I openend the windows.

Grocery shopping is done and I"m relaxing.  My hamstrings/ sit bone area flared up again.  I know it's because I've pushed too much lately, walking and SFB workouts.  So easing back.  Want to take dad to the Sea plane show on Saturday and I have to be a little better so I can handle the 1 1/2 hour ride there and back. 

Nomless I will have to look up that breed, I haven't heard of it and I think it's great you are using a breeder and perhaps getting kittens.    I also don't mind if you are quiet, I often search for things to say too hahah.

DrKelli glad to hear mom is dong well, perhaps in a day or so she will be discharged.  Were you able to sleep?  Concert sounds great!!

foxxie anything fun going on today?  I should wash my sheets and don't feel like tearing up the bed as it's made.  Maybe I will though.

Tomorrow I have my 2 year old GD for 6 hours, heaven help me Hahah,,,she's a mover and doesn't sit for a minute.  I bought her a little kiddie pool and a swim suit so maybe she'll have fun in that for a bit. 

Judy are you feeling better?  

Waving to everyone!

Honored Contributor

@bopper thanks for asking if I'm feeling better.  I am!  My foot feels a bit better today, however, I was a bit more dizzy than usual this morning when I woke up so was glad today was a rest day for me.  But I worked out Monday and Tuesday and did fine!  So happy!  Will workout again tomorrow.

@nomless I've never heard of the Korat breed either.  You get whatever cat you want from whomever you want.  It's your decision and no one here, anyway, will judge you for it.  I love having a Maine Coon cat - well think Monty is really only part Maine Coon not full - but if I were to get another cat after he's gone, I would want a full Maine Coon and for that I'd probably have to go with a breeder.  There are some very reputable breeders out there who truly care about their cats.  Not all of them are bad, unfortunately, its only those ones we hear about in the news. 

@DrKelli good to hear about your mom.  The headache could be from the anesthesia.  I had horrible nausea (sp?) from mine but have also heard about people getting headaches.  Glad to hear tho that she has little pain and is donig ok otherwise.

I loved the Monkees when I was younger and never missed a show - boy does that show my age.  The show sounds like so much fun and good for you for getting up and dancing.  I would have had to do the same.  Sometimes at shows like that it's just impossible to keep your feet still!

Honored Contributor

Good morning all.  @DrKelli@bopper, I was going to say the headache was probably from anesthesia, too.  It makes me dizzy so so I (with doctor's permission) take a Dramamine beforehand.

Early class Zumba this morning and then that boring class that I consider almost sleep worthy.

Have a great day everyone!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

For those who are interested: one of the things that is unique about the Korat breed is the strength of the bond they form with their person. I've had a lot of cats over the years and Iloved them all, but none bonded to me as strongly as Shadow did. He was happy only when he was touching me. He would lay on my lap facing me and just look at me, not because he wanted something but because it made him happy to look at me. He would do that for a half hour or longer. When I hugged him, he hugged me back. It was quite remarkable and typical  of the breed. 

It's a breed from Thailand and is a pure breed. That is, it's always been the way it is now, it's not a hybrid of other breeds. 

They're extremely social and usually quite smart. 

The kittens, being kittens,care adorable, of course. 

Honored Contributor

@nomless....awwwww!  I have no idea what you look like but I’m somehow visualizing how happy you’re looking and feeling while you’re writing about Shadow.  I’m so glad you have such good memories of him.  Reading that post made me happy, too!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mmsfoxxie, well, it makes me sad to think of Shadow, but there are many good memories. I think of him as now being in kitty heaven, the rainbow bridge, still watching me and waiting for me. And waiting with my mom and dad. 

My best Shadow story: he had a toy that was pompoms on a string, A furry pompom followed by a paper one, repeat for pompoms total. One morning shortly after I got it, I found it by the kibble bowl. The furry pompom at the head was in the kibble. I threw it into the living room, and the next day it was back in the kibble. Repeat......for 7 or 8 years. Yes, for years, Shadow cared to Mr Worm, making sure it always had something to eat. About once every 6 months, he would take it to the room where the litter boxes are.  I nearly threw that toy away, but I had a change of heart. I still keep it with the head in the kibble bowl, sometimes in the lving room, Shadow can watch me taking care of Mr. Worm for him....

The male kitten I'm thinking of adopting looks exactly like Shadow....so that makes me  think of Shadow more and makes it hard for me to pass up the opportunity to adopt those kittens.

Here's a photo of Shadow's care and feeding of Mr Worm

IMG_20160224_074545.jpg

Honored Contributor

Good morning everybody.  Yesterday was kind of humid but not bad since the temps were low.  By Sunday, though, the forecast is for humidity and mid nineties!  Yuck!

What a sweet story @nomless.  Yes, thinking about Shadow makes you sad but there is also the good happy, content part that comes with it and over time the good will outweight the bad.

I accidentally bought an eight hour Dramamine.  I need to test it before my Canada trip, though.  I already know that the one called 'less drowsy' gives me a slight headache although it is less drowsy.  The regular one that I'm used to makes me sleepy....in fact there are times when I can't sleep, I take one.

Senior Cardio this morning and maybe a mile walk.  Have a great day everyone!

Honored Contributor

Good morning!  Feels like  its going to be a bit warm today.

Did a 2 mile Leslie Sansone walk this morning.  So glad its Friday!  Been a long, stressful week at work.  Just isn't the same place anymore and lots of us are really unhappy but are at the age where leaving is not a good idea as we are too close to retirement.  So, a lot of us are just biding our time - my amount of time is measured in years but just a few, thank goodness.

Hope everyone has a good day!