Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the June Exercise Thread

@nomless, that is such a great story about Shadow.  I have Ed's ashes on my bookshelf because I was the person he loved best in the world and I couldn't bear to sprinkle his ashes anywhere because I knew he wanted to be with me.

My mom is doing really well.  She finally got home from the hospital yesterday after having to stay an extra day.  She needed some help getting out of bed this morning and my niece was there for her.  We are both kind of pisst at my sister because my mom called for her first and she didn't bother getting up to help her.  I guess she is going home today.  My niece can only stay until Sunday, so my mom is going to have to figure out how to get up herself by then.

I had a surprise yesterday. At about 10, I got a text from the regular Zumba instructor that asked me if I could teach yesterday for her--the class starts at 1115. Of course I said yes, and then started to panic because I always go through the choreography before I teach and I hadn't listened to the music  since the last time I taught in April!  But I got through it and one lady even said I was really good, so that made me feel really good.

Wednesday, I was meeting with the flooring guy and we heard this big bang.  Scared us both.  While I was sitting there talking to him, I heard all this crackling and got up to see what it was.  It was the glass part of my security door and it had been hit by something and was in the process of shattering. It was still in the frame, but my dogs kept going up to it, so I shut the door--and most of it shattered onto the porch.. What a mess.  I'll probably have to buy a new door because it is 15 years old and I'm pretty sure that the style has been discontinued so that I can't just replace the glass.  I tried to get my handyman over there to look at it, but he didn't get to it.  My friend's brother has offered to replace it for me.  I just need to figure out when he can get there.

I have weight training today and cannot wait until the day is over--I'm tired again. I have to travel next week (just an overnighter), but will be equally as hot and miserable as it is here.

Have a good weekend!

Respected Contributor

Good news that your mom is home, @DrKelli.

G9od new about your Zumba class.

Bad news about your door. What a mess. I hope you can get it replaced quickly.

Yes, I think the ashes matter, too. Shadow and my cats before him are still with me.

Honored Contributor

Happy Saturday everyone!

@DrKelli I'm glad that your mom is on the mend!  Scary about the glass door........good thing you were home!

@nomless Aaaaaaw the little worm toy!

34min trail run done!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

@bopper, I see you haven't been here for a few days. That's unusual. I hope things as ok there. Thinking of you.

Honored Contributor

Good morning everyone.  Still muggy here and it might get to around 95 today.  Thank goodness for AC.

I was thinking the same thing @nomless that @bopper hadnt been on in a couple of days...and a couple more.

Well I'm off to my Canada road trip early tomorrow morning.    Super excited!  It's a tight itinerary with two prepaid meals a day built in.  No wiggle room for an eating program which is kind of scary.  I'm one of these people that likes to get my money's worth so I don't see myself not eating something because I can tell it's high in calories if I have no alternative.  Lunch is not included so I will omit that.  I'm taking granola bars for a midday snack. Under the too much info category, I can see myself being constipated when I get back because we leave the hotel early and come back late and I'm not one to use public toilets for #2 unless it's an emergency, lol.

One good thing is that I notice that Canada's weather will be in the lower seventies everyday.  Some rain on the drive in.   I hope the forecast is correct.

Anyway, I will probably be checking in once in a while if the 'free' Wifi actually works.  Yesterday I did a one and a half mile walk and an hour Zumba class.  I'm thinking about doing a walk today since I don't think I'll be able to do any cardio type walking this coming week.

Everyone have a great week!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Have a great time next week, @Mmsfoxxie. It sounds like a fun, busy trip! Enjoy!!

Respected Contributor

Hey everyone, I'm good.  I didn't even realize I didn't check in for 2 days.  I thougth I had but had to go look.   Yikes!!

Yesterday we took my dad on a road trip for the day to see this seaplane competition on the beach but it got too windy and they cancelled it.  But we had a nice ride, and a nice dinner at a rustic restaurant. Building memories with my 90 year old dad is priceless!

DrKelli sounds like your mom is doing well, thank goodness!!

Cool on the zumba classes and you did great remembering all that since April!

That door could have been disasterous, glad no glass came inside.

It's raining here and 100% humidity.  Up the road it's catastrophic, flooding so bad the roads have caved in and people are being rescued, it's heading here....praying the storm takes a different path

foxxie have a great time in Canada, sounds fun.  A bit warm though but I love Canada

nomless we have Jacks ashes here too.  We'll do the same with Logan.  I can't believe he turns 7 in August.  

Well having my son and family for dinner so better get some things done.  Thanks for missing me and I"m sorry I missed checking in.  I should do it first thing in the morning because I get busy doing something and forget.  I babysat all Friday so thats probably why I didn't do it then and yesterday we had dad all day so I wasn't home.

Love ya all!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Happy Sunday everyone!

@Mmsfoxxie Have fun......sounds like perfect temps!

@bopper I hope you don't get all that flooding!

Did a 30ish min trail jog and walk with my old dog and husband.  My dog just loved it.....it brings back his puppyhood I think!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

Hi Everyone!  Sunday night already - where did the weekend go?!  I always tell myself that I'm going to work out on Saturday and lately that hasn't happend.  I must get in the habit on the weekends of working out first thing in the morning like I do during the week cuz if I don't, it never gets done.   Before I know it, the weekend is over!

Yesterday I took Montague to the vet for a mani/pedi.  LOL Thats what they  call it when I take him in to get his claws clipped.   He won't let me do it and they get to the point where they have to be done - he gets on my lap and whoa boy howdy do those claws hurt!  Thats when I know its time.  LOL  

Today I went to a new church.  Not completely new as I'd been there a few years ago however it just didn't feel right but decided to try it again.  I enjoyed it more this time than last.  I will probably go back a few more times to see how I like it.  After church, came home and did laundry, etc.  Real exciting life I lead, huh? 

@Mmsfoxxie have a wonderful time in Canada.  Its such a beautiful place.

@bopper hope that flooding doesn't come near you.

@DrKelli  Hope your mom is doing better each day.  Think you said today that your niece was going home.

@nomless  always good to hear from you.

Talk to everyone soon!

Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!

My mom is going back to the surgeon today to make sure that everything is healing up as it should.  She still has a rash and hopefully the doctor can figure out what it is from.  Did you all know they don't use sutures much any more?  They used some kind of surgical glue!  I told her to ask if that might be the cause of the rash.

My niece will be staying for another week--she will be going to work from my mom's house instead of going home.  My mom seems to be doing okay, she's a little weak, but she walks around a bit and is looking forward to going back to playing bridge.

My friend's brother installed my new door on Saturday.  It was quite a project, but it is done and the new door is a lot better quality than the other one was.  My neighbor is gutting another bathroom, so he had those big contractor dumpster bags in his driveway and let me throw the broken door in there.

I have a trip to New Mexico this week, so will be missing my two favorite classes--Yoga and Zumba.  But I need to get down there to do some work prior to their OSHA audit in August.

Hope you all have a great day--it is nice and cloudy and cool today!