Honored Contributor

Re: Welcome to the June Exercise Thread

Hi Everyone!  I did 30 minutes of yoga this morning and will now get a move on and get ready for work.

@DrKelli will send good thoughts and prayers for your mom.  Please keep us posted.

@bopper and @Mmsfoxxie - I'll be able to get Medicare in a little over a year and all that is overwhelming to me.  Not looking forward to it.  Just hope its still there when I need it.

Have a good day!

Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!  My sister just texted they just took my mom back to get all the iv's in and get her ready.  Her surgery starts at 7:30 Arizona time.  I'm trying to stay super busy so I don't worry.

I've got small group today and the big Evening with the Monkees tonight (well, at least Mike and Mickey). They weren't really my favorites, but I always liked the music and still manage to catch reruns on Saturday morning on FETV (direct).  It's so cheesy!

I ended up with 12 in my new Phoenix class--almost everyone is very engaged, but of course, there is the one person who does the bare minimum.

I'll check in throughout the day with updates on my mom.

Have a good day!

Respected Contributor

Hey everyone, super muggy out. I walked at 7:30 and am now cleaning inside.  Sometimes I can't believe how much dirt and sand get in this house from Logan and dried leaves that have stuck to him..but oh well I'd rather have him than not have him.  

Chance of some thundershowers but that's about it here.  

DrKelli praying for your mom, she must be in surgery now I am thinking.  I certainly understand how your mind needs to be occupied.

Judy Medicare will be a big help to you though, our insurance is so crappy.  Is it 65 when you can get it?  If so we have 2 more years to wait.  I don't even get SS yet .

I am trying to declutter, does anyone else get overwhelmed in their homes sometimes.  Seems like I have no place for anything, which I suppose means get rid of it.  My dresser is so little it's crammed, but I don't want to part with the clothes, I wear them, no shoe closet although I don't have that many shoes, hubby would beg to differ but some of my friends have well over 200 pairs of shoes which is a bit much!   Get this I saw Fall stuff in one of our stores, seriously I just put the shovel away!

Waving to everyone!

Respected Contributor

Mom is out of surgery and has been in recovery for about an hour.  The first part took less than two hours and they got all of the cancer--plus the lymph nodes are clear, so that was great news. The plastic surgeon took about an hour to complete the surgery.  My sister should be able to see her soon.

Thanks for all the good thoughts and prayers.  We're very happy that things went so well.

AS for the clutter @bopper, OMG yes--I'm ready to do another purge.  It is ridiculous how many clothes I have.  I worked with a personal organizer last year and got rid of a lot, but I don't see much of difference right now.  It's time to do it again.

Honored Contributor

Happy Tuesday everyone!

@DrKelli I am glad that the surgery went well!  I bet that's a load off your mind.....keeping busy is a good thing.  Continued prayers for your mom.

34min trail run.....no snakes.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

@DrKelli such great news about your mom!  Will continue to keep her and your family in my prayers.

@bopper - I will be 65 in 2019 and will sign up for Medicare then.  Won't be able to retire for another couple years after that but will at least get the Medicare.

Honored Contributor

Great news, @DrKelli about your mom.  Now, on to recover which might be even harder because it requires patience, right @JudyL?  Less than two hours sounds good.  Less shock to the body.  My husband's (radical) prostate surgery took close to four hours.  I'll continue to keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

@DrKelli, yay that the surgery went well. Prayers that her recovery goes well. Thinking of you.

@MickD, I'd be finding a new route to walk!

@JudyL, I hope your foot is doing ok.

@Mmsfoxxie, have fun planning for your trip. 

@bopper, I'm glad you figured out what you were hearing was a barn owl. Else it would

have been sort of scary.

@@ dang, I can't delete those symbols. No news here. Coco seems to be lonely. She talks to me all the time, and she never did that before. She was pretty quiet when Shadow was here. She's a sweetie. Storms last night, but ok today and it's a little cooler, not as humid.

Wishing a happy week to all.

Honored Contributor

Good morning everyone.  Muggy, muggy, muggy!  Thank God the temperatures haven't been extreme to go along with it.

Yes, I'm all prepared for my Canada trip.  Hubby and I are going to Las Vegas the first weekend in August for my grand daughter's first bd.  There is going to be a big party.  Yes, she is spoiled baby, lol.  They are moving to a larger apartment, one bedroom to three bedrooms.....one will be just for her toys, lol.  

I would be looking forward to it but my ex husband and his wife will be there.  At first, I told my son that we would come another weekend but my husband said I'd be letting the ex control me.  He is right so I told my son that we'd be there for the party, afterall.  

My ex was physically and verbally abusive to me for 30 years of marriage.  I was afraid to leave.  I think menopause made me brave enough to get out....those hormone changes, you know, lol.  My mother did the exact say thing.

This will be my run around day but I need to get some cardio in somehow cause next week in Canada will be up for grabs as far as working out goes.

@DrKelli, I hope your mom continues to thrive.  @nomless, I get the feeling that you think your life is boring...not true.  You have a lot to say and I enjoy reading your posts.  Have a great day everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Good morning!  Today is a rest day for me.  

@DrKelli  hope your mom is continuing to do well.  Those first couple days after surgery are the hardest.

Hope everyone has a good day!