Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the July Exercise Thread

Morning, my son and DIL are here visiting and it's 55 and raining the entire day. So disappointed we wanted to do outside stuff and she's 7 months pregnant.

Foxxie I so understand where you are coming from.  My family pretty much ruins all our gatherings too with people offended by things and complaining about things .

Nomless, Judy, DrKelli, Lucy, MickD hi and waving, my son is here so gotta run!   Have a good day!

Honored Contributor

Because you have company @bopper, I wish I could trade you my weather so that you all could enjoy a nice BBQ and whatever you wanted to do outside.  Aww, that's a shame.  55 degrees on a summer day?? Too bad.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi all!  Zumba day today.  I got to do the warmup, so I got extra sweaty.  It's a good thing though because my work brought lunch in for someone who is leaving and I really overate.  I can't wait to see the point value (sad face here).  Actually, it wasn't as bad as I thought and I got 12 activity points for zumba.

It was funny because I kind of messed up the first section of the warm up and later in class, the instructor messed up a song that she's done for a couple of years.  I was doing it right (because it is also one I teach) and I just had to laugh, so I guess it does happen to everyone.

Respected Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie, I switched to wides in my athletic shoes even tbough I don't normally wear wide. For me, wide is better for shoes I use for walking, etc. I hope it works for you. It's worth a try.

Bopper, too bad you have a cool, rainy day, but I know you'll have fun inside, too. So great you have a couple of days with the kids. ☺

Honored Contributor

Good morning everyone.  Although a little humid yesterday, it was pretty nice.  Unfortunatel, northern suburbs were still bailing out their basements from Wednesday's downpour.  Amazing the differences in the amount of rain with only 30 or 40 miles apart.

@nomless, being basically cheap, I probably won't be getting another pair of athletic shoes this year.  I have two good pair, one of them only about 6 months old.  As long as they don't hurt, I suffer and bear the cruddy big toes, lol.

Yea for activity or fit points, @DrKelli!  I haven't used any yet but I probably will this weekend.  I get 21 which I think everybody does.  

And yes, all instructors mess up sometimes and we all laugh.  Makes it more fun.  I have a Saturday Zumba instructor who we always know when she makes a mistake because she does the same routine on a given tape and a Tuesday Zumba instructor (my energizer bunny) who probably makes mistakes but we usually don't know it because he is unstructured.  No two classes are exactly the same.  His classes are full.

Today I'm gonna do my walk and then senior cardio.  Enjoy your day everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Happy Friday, well FINALLY the rain stopped just in time for my son and DIL to have to leave, we did end up taking a ride to our camp on a lake, ate our lunch there inside of course.  Lake was like glass and the fog looked cool over it but the mosquito's could carry you off so couldn't spend a lot of time out on the dock or in the camp yard.  Had homemade lasagna for dinner with everyone so the day ended wonderfully.  I already miss them and it could well be a year before they are back with the baby arriving in late September.   We can't afford to go out there either and I really don't want my son to pay for our flight but we'll cross that bridge at another time.

I only have 1 pair of workout shoes and I ended up with mens as they are wider and normally I don't wear a wide either but for workout shoes I like that my toes can actually spread out and I am not getting a blister from my toes rubbing against each other. 

This morning I did treadmill intervals for 45 minutes and Pilates, now washing and making sure my house is in order as we are heading out of town tomrrow for a day only but like it to be tidy when we get home.   

Have a great day everyone!

Respected Contributor

@JudyL, congratulations on acquiring a kitty! How are things going?  I'm sure he's ever so happy to be in your home. ☺

Bopper, so glad you had time with the kids and were able to go to the lake. It's probably a big let down now that they're gone already. Hugs for you.

Honored Contributor

@nomless  Monty had a great night last night.  During the night he ate, drank, peed, and pooped!  I was happy!  Today I left work at 12:30 and came straight home so I could spend time with him.  He wouldn't come out from under the bed so I decided since I was going to spend time in the bedroom with him, I might as well clean out and organize my closet.  I got a lot done - talking to Monty the whole time.  LOL

Afterwards, I decided to try the Cat Dancer toy that I bought him to see if that would coax him out and it sure did!  He loves it!  He came out and I got in lots of pets, a few belly rubs, he head butted me a couple times, and purred!  We played for quite a while and then I gave him some wet food and he ate it all, ever last morsel.   That wet food is a hit!   The verdict on his kibble is still out so I might be changing that.  When I left the bedroom, I left the door open and from the kitchen I could see him peaking his head around the corner.  So I called to him and he came out and checked out the living room and dining area and part of the kitchen then went back under the bed.  So lots of progress today!  He's such a love and such a big boy! 

Respected Contributor

Morning everyone, Judy how nice to have a kitty, sounds like he's making progress too and keeping you good company!

Nomless I miss them already for sure and it could be a year before they are back here.  But on a good note, we are heading to his next destination and watching a game tonight.  It's a 5 hour ride, so we're staying at their hotel and will head home tomorrow morning.  I'm not a good traveler and my back and tailbone hurt in the car but will try hard to enjoy myself

Looks to be a good travel day, sun is coming up.  I will worry about my dog though, even though my older son is letting him out for us, nobody takes care of him like I do.

Have a good weekend everyone!

Honored Contributor

Good morning everyone.  Nice day yesterday and I definitely  hope today is nice since the picnic is today. Usually at these type of picnics (VFW) the food isn't that great so if I'm not starving, I should be ok.

My scale is fluctuating all over the place.  Then goes off before I step down.  I refuse to buy another scale...this one is only two years old.  Hopefully it only needs a battery.

I'm going to walk a little bit and then do Zumba this morning.  If my weigh in doesn't show down a pound or two, I'll know it's too much working out because I've been at or within my 30 smart points all week.  Unless I mess up today, lol.  I take weigh-ins way too seriously.

Have a beautiful day!