Honored Contributor

Re: Welcome to the July Exercise Thread

[ Edited ]

Good morning, everyone.  Glad to hear from you @Iluvlucy.   Oh, wow....what I would give for a new house!  Lucky you!  How long will it take?  

Oh oh my Goodness!  I'm not around animals much and reading your post reminds me of how humanlike they are getting the same illnesses that we do.  And they can't complain to somebody to get rid of frustrations.  Be?  Blindness.  Is the blindness permanent?  Poor baby!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Me again.  @bopper, it got really dark here yesterday afternoon and the thunder rumbled for about an hour before the downpour came.  The morning was hot and sultry, terribly uncomfortable.  Then the downpour came for about 15 minutes, stopped, then another 15 or so.  That's it.

Today is the day it's supposed to be in the seventies and less humid.  A good day for the WW walkathon.  Still don't know if I'll participate.  Looking on their FB page, I don't see many signed up for it.  Since it's not far from where I'll be for my Zumba class, I might swing by to check it out.  It's a 5K walk.  Not too long.  I've done it before.

@JudyL, good luck with your weigh-in today.  You're right, slow and easy wins the race.  But weight lost is funny....in 2012, I was successful with WW and one of the things I remember is that my job was on strike for several days and I walked with my picket sign for hours that week.  Went for my weigh in and had only about a one pound loss just like the prior week.  I was shocked.  The next week, back to work, just normal walking around the building as usual.  I had a 3 lb loss that week which I hadn't had since my first week, which we expect the first weeks loss to be good.  Weight loss is fickle, lol.

A special shoutout to all of you ladies!  Enjoy this beautiful Saturday.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Valued Contributor

Thanks everyone...my hand cramped up writing out that check at the signing, ugh, dh said his heart stopped..haha. I'm sure it will feel better once we're in and settled..so much going on the past couple of months we haven't been able to relax or catch our breath.  But at least we're no longer house-hunting and job-searching...those questions are answered. DH will have to travel some(they worked it out in negotiations that it wouldn't be every month and also gave him the 1-day a week telecommute), but Lucy and I can go along if we choose. However, now with Kit needing daily meds, I'm going to have more trouble leaving her.

nomless, glad your kitty is better!  Sounds similar to Kit, it's a mystery to them what caused the bp spike, said it normally comes along with renal failure or heart disease and those tests didn't pan out. I'm thinking it was just the move but they said that is unlikely.  We sure felt like cr@p doing this to her though, and remember we aren't in our own home so after being blind we couldn't even bring her "home".  She's down in a room here in the basement(finished) to keep her from the railings/stairs and their 2 crazy rescue dogs. But we take her out periodically, in addition to going down there and spending time with her...she seems happier down there though, probably feels more safe. DH was beside himself, he is allergic to cats but he sure loves them.  

Mmsfoxxie...I think I know what happened to your vaishing knee pain...it came to me..lol!  Not sure what the heck, think I twisted it wrong doing kickboxing...the leg you hold on the ground, not hit with the bag.

DrKelli...sounds like things are coming along for you at your gym!  Exciting times.

MickD...wow, the fires were scary!  How is your foot doing? 

bopper...we've had terrible storms almost every day.  So much flooding here, trees down, roads closed, etc. Reese and Lucy hate them so it makes it hard trying to get done what we need to get done, have to race home if they get really bad. Oh yes, it's a zoo here...so stressful with them all because they feed off each other with the constant barking..makes your head hurt! So glad your dad is doing well. Today is my mom's birthday in heaven...all good thoughts and memories now, with a slight heart-tug. Smiley Wink 

Judy...glad to see you back again! 

Who asked about Lucy, nomless I think.  Well, she's as sassy as ever...lol!  She puts the other dogs in their place 'right now'!  Even Reese is a little afraid of her and he was almost put down in the shelter because they said he had "food aggression" issues. It's really been good for him though because he was too alpha and she has whipped him into submission...ay. We could discipline that girl all day long and she isn't going to change...we say she's our "strong-willed, head-strong, free-spirit child".  And there isn't a darn thing we can do about it...lol!  Nothing like our other 3 dogs at all..but she's as comical as can be...even my dil said she's never seen a dog with such a big personality. She's been super sweet and loving towards Kit though, no more head-butts and knocking her off of stuff...she's very smart so knows something is different.  We even think she knows she can't see.

Okay, dil are heading out even though we'll probably get rained on. If my knee hurts too bad, I'll just head home. We did a lot of backwards hill-work on Tuesday so it could be from that too.  Who knows..heavy sigh and eyeroll.  

Hope I didn't miss anyone...waving to all! 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sorry Mmsfoxxie...I didn't see your post today.  They're(the builders we went with) fast, they have a really good reputation here and are known for getting things done quickly.  That being said, it will still take 3-4 months.  Ranches take longer to build, it's easier building up than out.  And we definitely wanted a Ranch.  Thank you! 

Now trying to find the right grey/greige paint...that's proving to be quite difficult!  Good luck on your WW's! 

ETA: They thought the blindness would be permament but she's getting sight back.  The retinas are reattaching so they said she may get up to 50% back. 

Honored Contributor

Morning everyone!  Before WW this morning I did a 2 mile walk workout.  Actually went a little further than 2 miles but had to stop to get ready for WW meeting.  With today's workout, I did 4 days this week.  That is great for me and I feel good that I kept my goal for this week.  Didn't lose any weight but the exercise is a big deal for me so still feel like I had a good week.

Have errands, housework, etc., to do today so better get a move on.  Tomorrow I have a birthday/anniversary party to go to.

@Iluvlucy Glad to hear all is going well & moving forward.  Finding just the right paint color can be quite the journey!  LOL  Been there a few times!

Take care everyone!

Respected Contributor

Hi, all. Too many posts to respond to each one, but how fun it is to read all the chatter. Makes me happy.

Lucy, I loved reading about Lucy's spunk and not being cowed by the other furkids. What a strong personality in a tiny package. How cool she know Kit needs TLC, and even better that Kit might get back some sight. Even 50% would make a big difference in navigation, etc. My heart goes out to her. Give her a hug for me.

Remember the callus on my foot? I finally saw a podiatrist a month or so ago, and she removed it. I had no idea that could be done.after 6 months of it hurting every day, it hasn't hurt since. Even the remaining toughened akin is gradually softening.

I was happy to see the Jay King aquamarine bead necklace as the TS on HSN. It being my birthstone, I ordered it, of course. I love it. 

Honored Contributor

@JudyL Way to go on the walks 4x this week!!

@Mmsfoxxie I hope your knee continues to do well!  Did you do the walk today?

@nomless I love jewelry...will have to check it out on hsn.  I just got the Judith Ripka elephant cuff.  I was on wait list...didn't think I was gonna get it...and she showed up!  I won't be buying for a while!

@nomless ...must be busy!

@Iluvlucy Wow you guys have been busy!  3-4 months to build a house is fast!  How are you feeling?????  My foot is good...it hurts at times and is stiff, but I can run!

Did 2.75 mi/33.30 min.

Have a great Saturday everyone!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

@MickD, yay that you got your bracelet. I love elephants, so I'm not even going to look for it....It would be a temptation I would have a hard time resisting!

Honored Contributor

@nomless J347539 !  She's just precious!!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

Hey all, been busy around here today too but I like progress.  When DH sits down and loses his mojo the show's over unfortunately!

I walked 5 and then mowed, we both trimmed lower branches on our lot line trees, mostly spruces and pines, dragged them to the burn pile for tonight, then I made some taco soup.  DH isn't crazy about soup when it's 80 but that's all I had to work with.  

My son and his wife ( expecting wife) are coming here on Wednesday afternoon from CO, staying Thursday and then he has to head out on Friday for more games but I'm thankful he is coming for a day and a half and my other DIL and I are putting together a BBQ/Baby shower so that should be fun.  It was supposed to be sunny and now it is showing 60% chance of rain but we'll see, it changes fast here.

I also love reading all the posts, it's fun.  Lucy your house will be beautiful I"m sure, your such a good decorator and find the cutest things!   

MickD glad you like your elephant bracelet, I like elephants also.

Foxxie I hear ya on the house!   Me too!   Been in ours for 34 years and we aren't going anywhere.  We're cozy though so it's all good.

Nomless don't you go order that bracelt now ya hear!  Hahaha  Just kidding.

DrKelli hi and waving, you too Judy.   Hope the WW is going okay for you, I agree with the comment on it's fickle, you do all the right things, go weigh in and not much loss of any, then the following week you stray a bit and then you have a loss.  I'm learning to just accept myself for what it is.  I need to enjoy life too!

Ok, time for dinner, have a great night!