Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the July Exercise Thread

@MickD, the bracelet is adorable. @Mmsfoxxie, but I'm not ordering it, lol.

Bopper, what fun you'll have with the kids this week. Glad DS and DIL were able to squeeze in a visit. 

Honored Contributor

Good morning everyone!  Looks like the weather is going to be warmer today but still nice.

A month or so ago we cleaned up in our garage.... I thought, lol.  Last week, hubby had shelves put up on the surrounding walls.  This meant everything had to be taken off the carts we've bought from QVC, HSN, etc and disassembled.  His car was on the side drive for a week because there was no room.

The shelves look very nice, although personally, I think the depth should have been less because now we have to be careful opening the car doors.

There was so much junk and old stored food that had to be thrown away!  (I don't have a pantry)  Stuff bought from shopping channels that I had long forgotten about.  This is not including what I found a couple of months ago.  Some kind of food chopper that I tried once and found it too hard to push down on.  A Shark steam cleaner thingy.  One of those mop things where you don't have to wring the mob.  Tools hubby had forgotten he had so he bought more.  And other stuff that I can't remember.  It was embarrassing to see so much wasted money out of sight in that garage not to mention money wasted on the carts that held the stuff.  Maybe we can find a use for them in the basement which is another mess to be dealt with.

The dust was unbelievable.  The more we swept, the more dust.  Anyway, now, for sure....the garage is neat and we can see most things.  I'm happy about the shelves for the most part.

Nothing will be put in there unopened.  A small excuse for me is when unopened things were put there unopened, I was working overtime most evenings, dog tired when I got home.  

WW meeting this morning and then my walk.  Enjoy your day ladies.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie  I completely understand about what you found as you cleaned up your garage!  I'm going through something similar.  Slowly but surely going through stuff.  Yesterday I took one of the containers from under the bed and went through it.  Oh goodness be.  Stuff in there I had completely forgotten about - Joan Rivers jewelry, Honora, and other things. Some I donated, some not but it was amazing what I came across.  But I had the same thoughts as you - oh my goodness all that money spent.  Ugh.

Today is a rest day for me.  This afternoon I have a birthday/anniversary party to go to.  This morning tho, need to get a move on and get to the grocery store.  Have a good day everyone!

Honored Contributor

Happy day everyone!  @JudyL, now you've reminded me Bout under the bed, lol.  I had forgotten about that...  Ladies, I've got compressed garment bags under every bed in the house.  @JudyL, like you, I don't know what's in them. At least it's contained neatly, though.  It's sad that I'm emotionally attached to clothes that probably no longer fit because of weight changes or shape shifting.  

My WW weight was a success.  I lost 7.2 lbs!  I couldn't believe!  My scale is always different (lower) from WW or doctor scales by 2 or 3 lbs.  The most I've ever lost before with a first weigh in at WW is 5 lbs the first week.  Of course, this is mostly water weight but hey, I'll accept it.  I'm down to 145. something.  Twenty pounds to go.  So if there is zero lost next week, I want be upset.  Well, maybe a little bothered.

I've got no eating engagements this month but next month I have a dinner and a lunch.  This is where I lose control.  IMO, eating out is not counting points or leaving the butter off of your bread.  One more mindset I have to change, I guess.  But do I want to?  I mean, how many enjoyments does an old lady have left, lol.  Oh, and my family wants to give me a 70th birthday get together next month.

It's now raining...supposed to be an all day thing.  Unless it gets stormy, I'm going to class for senior cardio and then strength & motion.  Maybe a walk before or after.

Have a great day everyone!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Valued Contributor

It's Monday! We had a busy weekend so it just flew by. Today is DH's first day on the new job, scary and exciting. It's kind of nice having the house to myself for a bit, I'm enjoying it.

nomless...that's great that your foot is pain-free now! Sometimes it takes us a while to get to the point to do something. Are you still losing weight on the Library Diet..lol?

bopper...you'll have a fun week. Is it at your house?  We have company coming this week too, my gf and her husband from Va Beach. I feel bad they have to stay in a hotel but the kids only have 2 beds and they're taken..lol!  We'll treat dinner though.

Mmsfoxxie...wow, great job on the weight loss.  My gf lost 8lbs last week but she has a lot to lose. I'm doing a purge here also...I did 6 yard trash bags from their closet to Goodwill already and yesterday after church we got 2 more from their drawers so I'll dump those off today. I'm an organizer by nature so that was one of my goals while living here, I hate clutter. I already did their fridge and kitchen cabinets and drawers.

MickD...I love elephants too, my mom got me hooked. For dh's Christmas gift I adopted him an elephant from a sanctuary..lol. One of the older elephants recently died. Smiley Sad  I don't like reading those updates. Yep, proably 4 months...they have a great reputation for being fast AND thorough. They're a little more expensive than some of the other builders but everyone says you get what you pay for..they even have a higher resale value just because of the name. The builder's daughter(older) is a sales person for them, we've become fast friends and are going to do a run together. 

Judy...keep truckin' along!  I'm still playing with paint chips..I've narrowed it down though.

Speaking of runs, my dil darn near killed me this weekend and I'm not kidding. I felt like I couldn't keep up and kept thinking "I'll stop at that tree, I'll stop at this mailbox, I'm going to tell her to just go ahead" but my legs wouldn't stop. I haven't pushed myself like that in ages, it really is mind over matter. But after I caught my breath, got my hr back down under 200( Smiley Wink ), and stopped sweating, I felt pretty darn good...haha. We got in a lot of hilly miles this weekend...and weights and bodyweight exercises so I'm a little sore but a good sore. I cooked very healthy meals..fresh veggies, corn on the cob, etc.  Sure wish I could eat it all, so frustrating but nothing I can do about it.

Time to hit it, I'm late today...have a great day!

Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!  It was a HOT weekend here in Colorado and with the haze in the air from the fires in the mountains--not very pleasant.

One of my friends from elementary school and I did the Bubble Run on Saturday morning.  It was brutally warm and when the bubble stuff dried, it was sticky!  I was pretty glad to get to a shower afterwards!  The Bubble run is exactly as it sounds (only we walked it).  A 5K with 4 "bubble stations".  Basically this machine poured suds out of it until it was about 4 feet high.  Each station was a different color, so now I have pink socks. LOL Not quite as colorful as the color run, but not as messy either because you were dry by the time you got back to your car.  With the color run, you still have tons of color on you and one time I forgot to bring towels to wipe down and ended up using cloth grocery bags, which worked great!

My usual week this week, with the addition of an all day training on Sunday since I decided to do the LaBlast certification.  My friend convinced me this weekend by saying "You can get the certification in one day?  Why wouldn't you?"  I've been reviewing the training stuff for it since it takes me a long time to memorize the dances.

Have a great week.

Respected Contributor

Hello, Monday is here!   I've been doing similar things as you all with the purging and organizing.  So much stuff sometimes I feel overwhelmed.  Can you relate?  

DrKelli that is cool in one day you will be certified in Lablast!  How fun!

Lucy, no the get together is at DS's house, they offered and wanted to do it there.  They don't have any AC so i hope it isn't hot.  Not supposed to be though, actually now they are saying rain.  The only day this week they are saying rain and we plan a BBQ.    I wish we had a bigger bedroom for them to stay in too, they are also staying in a hotel.  I only have 2 other small rooms and there is only twin size beds and one is my Granddaughters with a crib in there too.  Too crowded and they said they didn't mind stayng in a hotel.  We don't know what we are doing on Thursday though.  She can't really hike or do much at 7 months pregnant so we are trying to figure that part out.   

foxxie good job on the garage.  It's nice having the shelves and organization.  Our basement needs that too and also more stuff to throw away.  

MickD hi and waving, Judy you too!  

MickD was it you cleaning grout for a long time?  I'm doing that now,sigh!!!!!!!!!!

Back to work ,  have a good day!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bopper Yup, it was me with the grout!  Don't envy you!

@Mmsfoxxie Yay on the weight loss and garage organization!

@DrKelli That bubble run sounds fun...and ya got pink socks out of it - ha!  Go for that LaBlast cert!

@Iluvlucy I'm an organizer too.....clutter makes me anxious.  DH is gonna be out of town for a patent prosecution class in San Fran....so I'm gonna straighten up his office and deep clean it....I just cleaned it in May...argh.

I am taking a break from major cleaning....kinda burnt out.  Will help DS declutter his rooms.  He has two small bedrooms with a connecting jack and jill bath.  One room is for toys/gaming.  It was covered in legos for months!

Did 2.85 mi/34 min on the treadmill.

Have a happy Monday everyone!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

Hi Everyone!  Slept awful last night and when that happens there is no way I'm getting up early to exercise so will do so tomorrow.  Today tho I told myself that I'm going to take the stairs as much as possible.  We have 3 floors here at work and connecting staircases to each floor so I'll get a little bit of a workout done.

Sounds like everyone is doing well for a Monday.  Have a good day everyone!

Respected Contributor

Good Morning, I was awake at 4 am and just laid there for 1 1/2 hours.... ugggggggggg so got up.   Grocery run this morning so just having coffee and heading out.  At least I'll get it all done early and get back home.  So much road construction here, its hard to get to where you want to go.  

So it's looking like the only days my kids will be here they are calling for 60 and rain both days, the day they leave sunny and 75.   Hope its wrong but not much we can do about it.

Hoping you all have a great day!