Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the July Exercise Thread

Happy Sunday everyone, we 've been doing yardwork all morning, and now are watching baseball.  Later heading to the harbor for a food/music festival which goes through the 4th.    It's a pleasant 65 here, with clouds and sun.   We had storms roll through last night though and yikes loud thunder booms.

Judy sorry you were in the dumps, I get like that too and, sometimes it's hard to motivate yourself to get up and actually do something, glad you were able to get in a Leslie dvd.  Hope today is better for you.

MickD that is way too close, I'm glad you and your neighborhood are okay.  

foxxie did you enjoy Zumba yesterday?

Lucy we are still calling out to you if you see this, we know your busy with house plans though but you and your family are in our thoughts.

nomless Do you work tomorrow, I noticed some places closing for a long holiday weekend?

That's all I have today, have a good one!

Honored Contributor

Well it smells like smoke this am...so I'm assuming it's residual crud floating around....I can't download DH's  video as it is too big...

Went for a trail run with DS 2.4 mi/29 ish min.  He can run circles around me....I took my time and it felt great!

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

I forgot it's a new month, hence new thread.

Mick, scary that the fire was so close. Glad you and house are ok.

Lazy weekend here. Lib will be closed on Tues, so I have 5 days off.  Enjoying it. Got some laundry done today.

Honored Contributor

Good morning everyone.  Yesterday evening, it got cloudy and eventually rained....for about 15 minutes.  On the other side of town it stormed like crazy, even had some trees downed.  We've been lucky several times this year, not getting the severe part of these storms.  I'm sure my side of town will get it soon.  Cloudy this morning but it's supposed to clear up.

Went to WW yesterday and had a nice meeting.  I didn't start the eating with points yesterday, though, because I had leftovers from the Saturday anniversary lunch.  So I ate that.  Today is the real deal, though.  Monday is always  my diet start day anyway.

When I locate the strip mall where WW was looking located, the first thing I noticed was Paneras sitting there.  Oh, no!  Obstacle number one, lol.  I'll defeat it, though.

Today is a regular day at the health center so it's Senior Cardio, strength training and maybe a walk.  It's been hard to walk these last few days because they varnished the gym floor the other day and the track, while upstairs, surrounds the gym which is below.  Glad they keep the place up but, yuck, the smell is nauseating.

@bopper, Zumba was great Saturday.  After my WW meeting yesterday, I even stopped by the health center since it was on my route to get home.

Have a great day everyone!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Good Morning, yes it's almost here the 4th already.  My dad jokes that after the 4th, it's all down hill.   It sure goes fast though especially as you get older it really goes fast.

I'll walk this morning, it's 60 out now and sunny, very dewy on the grass too. Usually see that in Fall.  

Last night we went down to the harbor, sat by the pier and watched the sailboats, then listened to my BIL in his band play down there.  It was packed too.  Tomorrow I'll take dad down so he can listen to "his" kind of music.  He was there with a friend yesterday and said "the music was terrible"  "all that boom, boom, boom."  LOL   He is expecting Lawrence Welk I think  LOL...gotta love him!!

MickD, hope that smell isn't a fire brewing again.  

Nomless 5 days off whooooo hooooooo  enjoy!!

Foxxie I know you will do good on WW, and fyi  I love Panera and we don't have one in our area.  We have a bazillion pizza and sub shops but not a Panera!

Judy hope your spirits are lifted today!

Daisy are you still with us?

DrKelli do you have a shortened work week this week?

Waving to all!

Honored Contributor

Morning Everyone!  Originally I was supposed to work today but on Friday, the Firm announced it was closing today because so many people were taking it off anyway.  Wahooo!!  Now I have a 4 day weekend!  That was a nice surprise.  So I am truly enjoying a relaxing, no real plans, 4 days off.  

Today will, once I get up and going, be a Leslie Sansome DVD, some housework, and then will do some scrapbooking or whatever suits me!

Been looking at land/sea cruise options to Alaska for 2018.  Have looked at Princess Cruises and will check out Holland.  Those seem to be the best choices.  Don't know if I'll do it or not.  The one 3-day cruise out of Long Beach, CA that I went on with my ex-DH was not a good experience but that could have been the company I was with not the cruise's fault! LOL  There appears to be as many unfavorable reviews as favorable ones for the Alaska cruises so just not sure what to do.  An Alaskan cruise has been on my bucket list so really want to go.  

Have a good Monday everyone!

Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie Meant to mention in my other post - good luck with starting your WW today!  Be gentle with yourself when starting again and as I always say to myself when I go off points for a meal or a day, there is always tomorrow to start again!  There is a Panera in the same mall as my WW meeting but at least not next door.  I go to an 8:00am meeting on Saturday so luckily none of the restauants in the mall are open that early.  Whew!  

Honored Contributor

@JudyL wrote:

@Mmsfoxxie Meant to mention in my other post - good luck with starting your WW today!  Be gentle with yourself when starting again and as I always say to myself when I go off points for a meal or a day, there is always tomorrow to start again!  There is a Panera in the same mall as my WW meeting but at least not next door.  I go to an 8:00am meeting on Saturday so luckily none of the restauants in the mall are open that early.  Whew!  

Happy Independence Day, Everyone!  No plans for us as far as outdoor activities go.  That's fine with us, lol.

@JudyL, thanks for the tips.  The first week is a little hard.  There's being conscious of eating correctly and trying to read so much information.  I didn't think I had a smart phone since it's Trac but I guess it is.  I was able to lad the WW app on it and track my first day of food.  I forgot an item and couldn't see how to add it later.  It was only a 3 pt item, though and I was still under my 30 pts.  At the end of the day, I was a little hungry but didn't want anymore fruit.  What helps me in WW is eating a lot of zero pts foods, especially the soups.

Luckily, the Panera is not right next door to my WW either.  After they finish repairing that street, I will be coming into the parking lot from the opposite direction and plan to ignore their sign, lol.

Today, my center is only open a half day but all of my classes are still on the schedule....Body & Sculpt, Flexibility and Zumba.  Yeaaa!  But before that...a run to the exciting gas station and grocery store.

Enjoy your day but be careful.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Happpy 4th Everyone!  No plans for me today except laundry and some housework.  Have had a 4 day weekend and I kept putting that stuff off so today I must do at least some housework! LOL

Will do a Leslie Sansome DVD today.  Did 2 miles yesterday and will do so again today.  Muscles are a bit sore today - a good sore tho.  Usually I overdo and am so sore I can hardly move but this is just enough that I know I did something but not enough that I can't do anything for a couple days.   Make sense?  

@Mmsfoxxie - I have the WW app on my phone also and love it for going to the store and being able to check what the points value is on something.  Can't tell you how many times I've put something back because the points were too high.  Haven't used the App for counting points but maybe I should try that.  Seems like it would be easier than getting on the computer.

Hope everyone enjoys their day!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Happy 4th of July everyone!!!!

@nomless Yay 5 days off...how nice!

@bopper Music by the water is very relaxing...sounds like fun!

@JudyL 4 days off....yay! I bet you'll get a bunch of scrapbooking done!  I have so many pics and scrapbooking tools, etc.  I am going to donate it and then put all my pics on discs.  My neighbor did that.  I am just too much of a perfectionist and it took me hours to do a 2 page spread! Became a chore....I haven't even done my son's baby book because I couldn't find the right ideas......he's 17, so forgetaboutit.....

@Mmsfoxxie Good luck with WW. I cannot have bread in the house....I'm addicted....then it leads to other unhealthy stuff....chips, dip....arghhhhhh!!!!

Did 2.75 mi/33 min on the treadmill.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G