Honored Contributor

Re: Welcome to the July Exercise Thread

Honored Contributor

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

meallen

must you post multiple pics on every thread you post on? Takes up tooooo much space!

Respected Contributor

Good Morning Everyone, I hope you all find the July thread now, it's so hard to believe we are in July already when I was just hoping April would come!

Its a cool 54 here right now, said highs about 66 so that's about perfect for me.  Weekend is showing 80 though so may be a warm one for the 4th but where I come from when it's cold so long I think I can take it!

Not sure what I'll do today, maybe bike, it's looking not too windy but will check a little later in the morning after I have another cup of coffee hahaha

Laura car repairs are the worst, seems one of ours is always needing something.  I walked quite a bit in the last week, yesterday as I said my friend and I got caught in the down pour but we won't melt, and a warm rain so no big deal.

Love seeing the new posters, please post and tell us your exercise and what you enjoy doing.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Forgot we switched months so I'm moving it over!  Smiley Happy

@Iluvlucy  I hope you feel better!

Well, I hiked it to work this morning and apparently I climbed 26 stairs according to Fitbit.  Smiley Very Happy  Actually I only climbed one set but the hills count as a lot more.  This is going to be so much fun for the next two weeks.  I am an idiot.  

I can get a rental under my insurance but it's only 80% coverage and I just don't want any more bills right now.  I stupidly decided to book a plane ticket instead of drive to Iowa a few weeks ago so now I have to go on that vacation which I know I will enjoy once I get there but that hotel money is now my deductible.  Smiley Sad

I'm perfecting my favorite Oliver Twist impression since I'll arrive with literally no spending money.   My poor rainy day savings account is beginning to look like the Sahara and my credit card is giving me nasty looks.  All this because I borrowed and returned self help and life improvement books from the library.  It it wasn't so ironically funny, I'd cry.

Have a great holiday everyone!   

Respected Contributor

@Laura14, your post made me laugh...the way you wrote it, that is.  I sympathize with your having an unexpected bill that's messing with your plans.   I would feel like crying, too. Hang in there, and enjoy your long weekend. 

Bopper, have a fun weekend.  Your weather is terrific.  Any progress with the dress and shoes?

Lucy, I hope your plans don't get messed up too badly.  Your DS doesn't quit, does he? He's not letting anything keep him from working toward his goals.  I hope Lucy is OK.

I did errands this morning, and cardio and weights this afternoon.  Weights were kind of hard, telling me I need to be more consistent with my lifting.  OK, I got the message, LOL.

Esteemed Contributor

I am one of those who do not enjoy exercise, but I need to get back into doing it. I love recumbant bikes but don't have one but had used one at a local senior citizen center. I have a mini-elliptical at home but what seems to work best for me is just walking. I'm one of those who starts things on a Sunday so tomorrow I will get back into the routine. I got out of it when I had a cardiac ablation done. Habits are easily broken especially if not enjoyable.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Got my food shopping and exercise done this morning. Went back to college and my NYC roots and walked over a mile to the store. Loaded the roller bag and walked over a mile back.

And when I find the Nazi who runs the sprinklers during the day, I'm hosing him down too.

Oh and another chuckle for you about my life: I get the mail on the way back and my car is now under recall. No fix yet but when they have it, they'll fix it for me free of charge.

I need the Star Trek transporter available like now, scientist people! It's a good thing Henry Ford is gone cause I'd sucker punch him over this whole automobile thing. Time to relive my kickboxing days.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend and @KonaKat, you go girl! Welcome back to walking. You have a virtual partner hoofing it too. 😄
Respected Contributor

Happy Sunday Funday everyone,

Welcome to the new posters too and of course I can't remember who and this forum I can't look back, well I guess there is away but I forgot.   Anyway to it starts with a "K".. hahah  I have a Proform recumbant bike and I really like it, but I also love to walk and walking is very good for you and can do it just about anywhere, just good shoes and sunscreen and your all set!

Laura your cracking me up, the Nazi sprinkler guy hahaha..too funny!   Oh boy car stuff, I can relate!

Hubby and I took out bikes to the Heritage Trail today.  Only thing is it's all up hill and I mean all up hill!   It goes on and on.  I call it a gradual hill but there were some steep places.  I would have continued but hubby wanted to turn around.  It was his first time out this year and he gets a sore behind and his hands also fall asleep, they always have so he has to shake them out as he rides.  We went about 10 miles I guess.  It's really nice here about 79.   My son and his 2 girls are coming for a cook out.  My DIL is working.

I am watching baseball now, then will get together our grilling stuff.

Hoping everyone is having a nice Holiday weekend.