Respected Contributor

Welcome to the July Exercise Thread

Welcome:

Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the July Exercise Thread

Boy am I slipping..July 5th and I just realized I didn't start out thread!  Sorry kids Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

Bopper, I didn't notice we were still doing June either, lol.  Thanks for getting us on track.

Vacation day today.  I did 40 min on elliptical and bike.  I'm going out with a friend this afternoon.  Time to go get cleaned up. 

Respected Contributor

Well that's good nomless.   I was afraid I was losing it! Hahha

I walked 5 miles this morning and then did abs on the TG and some Pilates to stretch out.  It's very muggy here.  It's not hot but the humidity and temp are almost the same.  Lots of flies outside too, the bitting kind.

Glad you have a vacation day today and got your workout in.  Have fun with your friend today.

Patty thinking of you, hoping the day is going alright for you.

Tony that race was too late for me to watch but I saw a bad crash near the end on the news.   Glad he was alright!

Have a good day!

Respected Contributor

Hi, everyone.  Last day of vacation for me.   I did the elliptical and bike this morning. It's nice to have it done.   It's a cool sunny day today.  Nice.  Will go run some errands in a bit, then hope to get some reading done this afternoon.

Respected Contributor

Hi, I did a mixed workout today.   Recumbent bike, TG, Weights and Pilates...about an hour.  Then walked Logan on the trail which is way too wet to be back there.  We had a monsoon yesterday so I guess until it dries up I can't go back there.

Vacuuming and swiffering now, did sheets and my quilt and have the quilt hanging on the line.

Nomless glad you had a couple vacation days.  Did you watch ANW?  I saw it last night cause there wasn't any baseball on.   

You had a good workout too.   Wish you could stay on vacation!

Patty hi and waving.   Hoping Lucy and you are doing alright and it isn't too hot.

Cater, Tony, and everyone, a big Hello!

Respected Contributor

Morning, just came in from a walk/jog about 4.64 miles according to my fitbit.  Almost 10,000 steps so far.   It's beautiful out, no humidity and sunny and 65.   Glad it is't hot out.

Nothing planned for the rest of the day, so will see where it takes me.

Have a good day!

Respected Contributor

Hi, everyone.  Well, I'm back at work today. Ugh.  

Bopper it's great you have a lovey day and that you'll hit your step goal.  Yay!

I plan on doing bike and elliptical after work.  Then I'll have to take a couple of days off due to minor surgery I'm having tomorrow.  Doc says no exercise for a couple of days....but I'm going to talk it over with her again.  Seems like the bike should be OK since there's no impact or weight bearing.  We'll see.

I think I mentioned the killdeer (birds) and their babies that live in/next to(?) a tree at work.  I looked for them today, and they see to be doing OK.  I also saw a raccoon toddling across the parking lot.  When he appeared 2 and then 3 adult killdeer got in front of him and harrassed him.  He didn't seem too concerned about the birds, but they did distract him .... I later saw the baby birds (2) in another area of the parking lot.  I haven't sween the babies fly yet, they're always on the ground.  The adults are working hard keeping track of them and keeping them safe.

Esteemed Contributor

Hello, been lurking here.  I would like to join you here to keep myself accountable about exercise.  I try to walk about 2 miles a day with my dog, Angie.  I'm also trying a few yoga positions.  Thanks for inspiring me.!

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

Hi, Skylark, welcome!  We love to have others join in.  And we love our furkids, so we're happy to meet Angie, too.  I bet she's so happy when she can go walking with you.

Hi to Bopper and Tony and Patty and Cater and all our friends.  I hope you're all doing well.

I had a minor surgical procedure this morning and am back at work.  I'm pretty uncomforatble at the moment, but I'd be just as uncomfortable at home, so I might as well be here, right?  Doc says to avoid exercise for a couple of days....so I have a legit excuse to take it easy for a couple of days, LOL.    I'm going to relax and enjoy it.