Honored Contributor

Re: Welcome to the July Exercise Thread

@Iluvlucy and @bopperHeartHeartHeart  and big thoughts and prayers your ways.  

Honored Contributor

Good morning to you all.  Weatherwise, it's going to be a beautiful day here and I'm looking forward to it.

We went to a trunk party last night and it was a big one.  Several of the students that my husband's fraternity had given scholarships to and others received trunks full of items to take to college.....pillows, sheets, personal items, Tide, Clorox, etc.  And a company gave each student on their their list that took the time to come an HP laptop.  The kids went wild at that surprise.  How the parents took that home, I don't know, lol.  There was a singer there that hosted the event and she sang, got random students to the stage and they sang and danced with her.  We loved it and the kids loved it.  There must have been at least a hundred recipients.

Ohh, we VIPs, so participated in the reception prior to the program.  The foods was delicious!  Even the salad.  I tried to find out what the dressing was but the caterer wouldn't tell me since it was her own recipe.  Got up this morning and the scale was still my friend, lol.  I lost another 1.2 lbs at my weigh in yesterday so I was happy that I hadn't messed that up.  I have a FB friend on WW online and she says she has two cheat meals a week!  And still loses.  I might do one cheat once in a while but not two a week.

@bopper And @Iluvlucy our thoughts are with you.  Stay strong!

Senior cardio and strength training today.  Enjoy your day.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Foxxie, yay for tour continued WW success!

The trunk party sounds like it was a great time for all! What a great idea to give the students a sendoff with a trunk full of necessities.  And a laptop! That will give them a

great start in their college careeer.

Nothing on the docket for me today.

Honored Contributor

Yesterday I revisited Active class which is step, weights, and stretching all together. Today, I'm not sure yet. About to go into PT so arm workout coming. Thinking of signing up for a two week water aerobics class. It's $30 and then $90 for the next two months if I continue. Been a long time so I'm tempted. Might be a nice change.
Respected Contributor

@bopper, I can't even imagine how you must feel, but I will add you to my prayer list and your husband too.

I was a lazy piece of work this weekend and tonight, I absolutely must start learning my class for the 23rd of August!  Tomorrow night is my last session (this go round) with the organizer.  She is going to do my pantry and I'll find something else to work on. I actually did quite a bid on the pantry because I had 2 containers of dog food (huge) for dogs that are no longer there.  Kevin and Lexi are on a pro biotic dog food that came with Kevin when I adopted him.  I hated when I had to have 2 different types of food because then you have to make sure each dog is only eating the food meant for them.  Anyway, I had to get rid of those and last year, we had a lot of mice because they were digging up our fence and some of the green belt by our neighborhood, so I had a lot of mouse poop in there too.  I hate mice. I am terrifed of them, so when I spot them, I tend to avoid the place they are.  In any case, it is all cleaned up and she just needs to organize the rest.  I bought containers for under the kitchen sink and bathroom sink and took care of that.

Today, I'm scheduled for Quick Fit.  I'd like to take a yoga or pilates class at that time, but the yoga offered is hot yoga and frankly, I am hot enough without the room being 90 or whatever they crank it up to.

Hope you all have a good day!

Respected Contributor

Bopper and Lucy, sending healing thoughts and prayers to you both. I guess it takes news from you two to get me on here to send you both wishes that things improve for you both quick. Bopper my neighbor had the same thing happen  to him last month and was told the news you got. He had the operation all lines were worked on and he is doing amazing. He also said it did not hurt as much as he thought it would. Extra prayers will be said for Bopper and Lucy's family for sure. Take care you two.

Respected Contributor

Hi, @cater. It's good to see you again. Thanks for posting. Bopper and Lucy will appreciate knowing you're thinking of them and sending prayers. 

I hope you're doing ok. 

Honored Contributor

@bopper - I am so very very sorry to hear about your husband.  Prayers will be said and I'll be thinking of both of you. 

Lucy - that incident with the dog sounds incredibly scary and I don't care how much that woman apologized, shame on her for not having her dogs under control!  I will also keep your son in my prayers.  Thoughts to you and your family.

Honored Contributor

Decided to hit the gym for my exercise today and watch my soaps while on the bike this afternoon.  Did a little over 7 miles in 35 minutes.   Kind of enjoyed watching tv and biking at the same time.  I wish I had a bike at home.  Getting cardio in away from the gym is getting to be a chore.  

Hope everyone is having a little better evening tonight.  Still thinking of you guys.  Heart

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli, I hate mice, too.  I think I mentioned on here about the time one came into the house when the laundry vent came a loose.  Hubby didn't rest that day until he got him, lol.

Saturday during my Zumba class, two new routines were given.  Oh, boy, talk about confused steps, lol.  All of us were laughing at each other.  I really would prefer not to learn two new routines in one class because some of the steps are the same.  It was still fun, though.

Im sure you'll learn your new dances just fine.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)