Honored Contributor

Re: Welcome to the July Exercise Thread

Long Ride class done.  I was a hot, sweaty mess so I guess I did something right.  Now I just have to knock off the work day and I'm done.  Smiley Happy

Have a great Monday everyone! 

Respected Contributor

Hey all hope your having a good Monday!  It's cooler here today, 78 right now feels cool compared to what we had. 

I walked early this morning and it was very refreshing with a nice breeze, then came back and did Pilates.

Not much else going on here, just stuff around here!

Have a good day everyone!

Honored Contributor

@bopper  Wow!  I'll trade my 95 for that 78.  I'm about over the 90s and I love the heat.  

Respected Contributor

I want to play in the water with the chicks.

Valued Contributor

nomless...were you happy with who won the CF games...I was but I sure do miss my Rich F....haha.  Just not the same imo. 

Got me fired up though...literally.  I didn't get out until 8 this morning, way too hot for Lucy so carried her a mile then ran on the treadmill...did weights with pilates intervals...then did the W&OD trail(hit my garbage can and scratched my van pulling out of the driveway and knocked the trash out of it).  I thought it may be End Times and I didn't get the memo...ay.  I rode with a group for a while and the guy said what little breeze we had just felt like a heater blowing on us. 

DH is face-timing....it's even hotter there and it's over 80* in his "room" and he has rubber sheets...ugh.  Only slept 30 minutes last night so is thinking tonight may be even worse since I have him used to sleeping in the frozen tundra(our bedroom..haha).

Stopped at Wegman's and got a few groceries and made a delicious smoothie. 

laura...glad you got back at it. 

bopper...super cute!  I haven't seen that one before...some of them I see on fb but not the duck-butt. Smiley Tongue 

Waving to all...stay cool!  I don't care if I don't do one more thing today...oh, Lucy is getting groomed...but I don't have to walk far for that. 

p.s.  Anyone buying any clearance today?  I got an IM sweater...just plain, form-fitted, with 3/4 length sleeves.  Like that style with skinny jeans, especially white ones. Wish it came in fuschia, not a great color selection.  Got some credit on a few things too so between that an my birthday gift-card from the kids...I could do some damage if I wanted.  Want to get my gf that had surgery a gift but nothing is popping out at me. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Iluvlucy  Sorry about your van.  I know a good repair shop!  Smiley Tongue

You guys are so disciplined working out at home.  For some reason, I need the drive to the gym.  Maybe now that I have everything else done, I'll try again.  

@nomless inspired me again.  I needed $14 to get free shipping at Amazon (really slow day at work) so I bought a cookbook.  I cook every day but I need some new recipes so I'm breaking out!

I just finished up my niece's birthday gift which is all cooking.  I got her a personalized cutting board and a kid's cookbox and cat bag clips.  And I paid nothing for it since I am still poor and will be until 2025.  I paid with my credit card rewards points because somehow there just happens to be a lot of purchases on that card lately.  I guess this is the silver lining to crashing your car and going on vacation in the middle of the crisis.  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Happy Monday to all!  Eeeeeked out a run on the treadmill 2.5 mi/33 min.  Way hot, humid, cloudy and smoke particulate in the air this am, even though there is an offshore flow.  Must have been due to the cloud cover.  

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Iluvlucy, Crossfit games were fun.  I miss Rich Froning,  too.  Would like to see him go head to head with Fraser. Rich's team won the team comp. Did you see that?  He still seems unstoppable, did great.

I haven't bought anything from Q's sale. I don't know what I need because I don't know what I will be doing, lol.  I like the TSV, and in general like Isaac's things.  His quality seems to be very good.  

@Laura14, what a fun gift you're putting together for your niece.  I hope you enjoy your new cookbook.   Another arrived for me today...Mr Food Cooking for Two.  Another book of quick and easy dishes using mostly real food.  Much better than the old Mr Food books that relied on processed stuff.

Well,  today is a rather day for me.  Muscles feel like they need a break.

Honored Contributor

@nomless  Oooh that sounds good.  Let me know if you like it.  I refuse to do processed anymore either or sugar.  I actually substituted honey for the brown sugar my Vitamix book wanted for the cobbler yesterday.  It's not bad if I do say so myself.  

I can tell I didn't eat right, at all, between vacation and the car breakdown the last few weeks.  My body has definitely missed fresh fruits and vegetables.  I got at it today with my normal salad again and bean tacos last night.  

Oh, that reminds me!  So I live in GA (the Peach State) and the peaches in the supermarket were from SC on Friday.  Sign said so.  I almost whipped out the phone for a pic but there were workers around.  Smiley Very Happy  They were still good though!     

Valued Contributor

Laura...that would be good but her arm is in a sling so she can't cook...lol.  I was even thinking of the Hello Fresh but that isn't going to help either!  I was just thinking this morning that I need to get back to the gym...just trying to decide what to do.  I almost went to Orange Theory Fitness this morning...they said I could have a free pass.  But you're so limited(I did it before) if you don't want to do that one day...would love to do CrossFit again but know that's out with my injuries(maybe, still can't get it out of my head)...so I keep going back to a regular gym where I can do classes(they even have CF style ones here and that one Les Mills GRIT one we did was a beast), lift, whatever I feel like doing...more options for your money, that's for sure. 

nomless...I didn't watch it but I saw on FB that his group won!  I wish I would have seen it.  My one gf is starting to look like some of those women...she has really put on a lot of muscle, used to be teenie-tiny. 

MickD...same here...just oppressive.  I'm going to stay in tomorrow I think or go to the gym here at the club.  Today wiped me out.  At least I wasn't the only fool on the trail.

Well, I need some other gift ideas if anyone has any...I even looked on Amazon, HSN...just can't seem to find anything that I feel like "this is it".  Maybe some new walking shoes...but I'd have to ask her size...that's too hard.