Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the July Exercise Thread

@Laura14, maybe you can get the cookbooks from your library to see if they interest you. The two I'm excited about are Mr. Food Cooking for Two (a new release) and Better Homes and Gardens 30 Minute Dinners (an older book so it can be found on Amazon as a used book inexpensively).  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@nomless The library!  Three weeks ago, I went to the library to return my happiness books and jumped the curb and lost my car for two weeks.  I will never be at the library again.  Hence my book shopping spree on Amazon.  Libraries are dangerous to Fiats.  No, no.  Smiley Sad   Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Laura14, yes, you'd better stay away from the library,  lol.  I didn't remember that's where you jumped the curb and wrecked your car. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@nomless  It's okay.  I'll come out from under my work desk and stop shaking eventually. But I still have to drive home!   Smiley SurprisedSmiley Wink  

Respected Contributor

@Iluvlucy, this happened during one of your absences and you may have missed it.  Remember Brent and Kacy from American Ninja Warrior?  They are no longer a couple, the broke up sometime around Thanksgiving last year.  They still own the gym together (I think) and they still both post photos on Facebook of their dog Mr. Mogley.  Not sure if they still train together.  I was surprised they broke up.  I really thought they were a forever couple.

Honored Contributor

Good Morning!

I did my short Pound class and then an hour of Power.  Went back to some normal weight for my arms tracks and I did it!  I feel good!

Have a great day all! 

Valued Contributor

nomless, I saw someone posted that on fb a while back!  I was sad, they seemed so sweet and in love. 

Laura...I know that was a good work-out.  I darn near went to the gym this morning and signed up.  I needed a break but think I'm ready to go again...hard part will be when Fall arrives, I just want to be outside all the time. 

I got out earlier today which helped...even went longer with Lucy than I have been but still carried her most of the way.  I dropped her off and went back out by myself...without socks.  Won't do that again, I could feel the blisters forming so the way home wasn't any fun.   Then did legs with focus on hams and butt.

Won't be able to hear from dh today, no wifi where he's at.  I'm tired and hungry today, not a good combo...haha. 

My dil is doing that soccer camp again for underprivileged children.  I think it's the hottest week of the year for them, they were staying in the 80's.  Someome here left their dog in the car yesterday, we were 100*...it died...they arrested her.  I can't even get started on that again. 

Have a great day...fist-bumps to all. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Iluvlucy  I have a gym membership through work which is why I go although I had my own back in the day too.  You go girl walking all that way!  I kind of miss my park but, after all the walking I did these past few weeks, I'm good for a bit.  

Honored Contributor

Good Morning!  Got up and did 30 minutes of cardio this morning.  Still easing back into working out and so far my back and hip are doing ok.  Might do some Body Gym work tonight on my arms when I get home.

Have a good day everyone!

Respected Contributor

HI all, I got some groceries this morning and went to the Chiropractor for my annual monthly visit.  My Chiro is retiring in september and he is training in a new guy.  I'm old enough to be his mother.  He's only 31 and  he said I had a lot of positive energy today.  Hahah he doesn't know me!  LOL  I try  to anyways.  He asked me if I was a morning person and I said "depends on which morning"  Hahah.  Any way rode my bike a little, not far way to hot .   It's 91 outside now, Logan is veyr warm but he still wants me to throw his ball, I do but we don't stay out there very long.  I don't think he understands why we aren't going on our walks, it's just too warm and I can't carry him !  The bugs here are horrendous too which ruins outside stuff.

Iluvlucy I can't stand to hear about people leaving kids or animals in hot cars, are they out of their minds!  They should be arrested.  Good for you for joining the gym, lots of variety but I do know how you like to be outside.  Just see how it goes.  Prayers for DH and hope he's home soon.  DD is doing a very nice thing with the soccer  program, I hope they have plenty of water!  

Laura good glass you had, your in the groove again!  

Judy great on getting back at it, just taking it day by day and ease into it again.  I should do weights today too but here i sit!  LOL

Nomless I knew that about ANW and Casey, it's too bad but I think they do still workout together.   I haven't watched hardly any, we always have baseball on at night with DS one channel and my Tigers on another...good thing we enjoy it so much!

Stay cool everyone!