Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the January Exercise Thread

Hey all,  blue skies and sun here today until about 4 and it clouded up but no snow...for once we aren't getting the storm.   I was watching the news and hubby and I said "why are people even out driving"  stuck all over...like they were warned for days that it was coming.  I hope they are safe.

I just did a trail walk today and stuff around here.   

Not much else here and very quiet here....have a good evening!

Respected Contributor

Happy Sunday Funday!

Went to breakfast with my son and his family.  We had a BD coupon to use up.  It was very nice, now home doing chores and getting ready for football!

Hoping all those in the snow storm are alright and digging their way out.

We are quiet here, cloudy and 30 so very mild.

Not much else here, and I'm folling myself so I shall say Bye for now!

Respected Contributor

Hi, Bopper, how nice that you had sun yesterday and warm temp.  BTW, how is the pup doing, and has "the wanderer" accepted him? I hope they become friends.

Good wishes to all those affected by the storm.  I hope things are OK where you are.

It's been a quiet weekend here.  I have nothing to report.  Did some cooking today; have meals ready for most of the week.

Honored Contributor

Ride class this morning.  Hope everyone made it through their weekend.  Have a great Monday!

Respected Contributor

It's Monday folks, we can do this!

15 miles on Mr. Xbike and 30 on the BodyGym...walking after lunch and it is dreary and dark here with freezing rain..I so enjoyed that sunshine!

Nomless My son said the dogs get along good.  The pup of course wants to play all the time and the elder dog wants to lay and look out the window!   Thanks for asking, hoping your week goes smoothly for you!

Laura good job on your workout....I think many are digging out of the storm.

Smiley Tongueatty I hope everyone is feeling better and nothing more develps...how much can one family take!   Good thing you have Lucy to give you a smile and a laugh!

Well we hve our Super Bowl teams.  The first game was good, the 2nd game, not so much.  

Keep on keepin on everyone!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi, all.  Happy Monday.

Oh, dear, no word from Patty for a few days.  I hope she, DH, and the kids are OK. Thinking of you, Patty.

Bopper, it's great that the pups are getting acquainted and getting along.  It can be a challenge with a young pup who wants to play and an older one who doesn't.

First day solo at my job.  Boss was out, too, so I was on my own. Things went OK, though. 

It was snowing when I came home.  Naturally, I didn't feel like going out again to go to workout room, so....no workout today.   It's going to warm up later this week.  I hope when it does I can get motivated to get back on track.  Getting in workouts during the winter is always a challenge for me.

Valued Contributor

Guess I haven't been over here in a few days.  And now my mind is blank...good grief...I hate that you can't see posts when you're replying.  Laura, bopper, nomless...I did just read your most recent posts...haha...I promise.  I'm scaring myself, at least I remember who posted. Smiley Frustrated

I'm sore today but a good sore...was kickin' it old-school yesterday with pull-ups, push-ups, toes-to-bar, squats, and SPIN...and got in over 11 miles on foot.  This morning I walked Lucy and did a Tabata-style circuit with some burpees, jump-rope, handstands, jump-squats, etc.  Heading out on my bike now...it's warm here today. 

We had the big ceiling leak during the storm...so bad everyone thought we flooded.  So now we'll have to deal with that.  My living room is all in disaray, carpet pulled up, the loud blower, guys in and out...such is life.  DS is doing "okay" right now so I'll take ceiling leaks and car problems over that any day. 

Well, I'm done eating, again, so it's time to roll.  Have a great day everyone!  nomless...new job popped intot my head, hope it goes well...better than "okay".

Respected Contributor

Hey all, we're getting a boat load of fresh snow right now.  Did the deck and need to do it again...it's very pretty outside though but the snow is heavy and Logan gets snowbals built up.

Nomless glad the job went alright and you were on your own.  Winter is hard to get motivated, you'll get back to a routine soon.

Patty sure hope things settle down for you guys, always something but as you said as long as DS is holding his own you can handle the rest.

Just made some egg salad...love an egg salad sandwich.

Well here comes the plow, better get out there and move that stuff before it's mess.

Be Well, Be Blessed, Be Thanful!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Patty, it's great news that DS is stable.  Prayers theche continues to improve.  I'm so sorry about your ceiling and the resulting mess.  Hang in there.  

Bopper, more s now for you - ugh.  I love egg salad, too.  Sounds good.

I've watched all the BL shows and am enjoying this season.  They must be doing something different re: nutrition and workouts this season because the weight loss is not nearly as dramatic as in the past. The woman usually lose 1-5 pounds, the men 4-10 or so. Much more realistic numbers which no doubt will be better for them in the long run.  

Watching Team Ninja Warriors on Esquire now.  It's a NEW series, not reruns that have previously been shown elsewhere.  Many of the ANW stars are there .  There are courses side by side.  Athletes from different teams run the course at the same time. Teams include both men and women.  Looks like it will be fun.

ETA: Team NW was really cool.  What a great new take on NW.  Another episode on now - yay!  This will be on my weekly watch list for sure.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi everyone.  Went through all the posts.  Busy bunch you all!  Happy to read Pattys DH and son are better.  Nomless glad new job is going well.  And Bopper thanks for being there to start it all off and I enjoy the pics so much.  Laura inspires me and Bopper does too.

It's been really icy here so outside walks are pretty short. Just do the TV walks which is better than nothing.

Hard to believe January is over.  Wow.  Have a great rest of the week.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth