Valued Contributor

Re: Welcome to the January Exercise Thread

nomless, I was going to mention to call the IRS because, of course, I think I had something similar happen one time and the more I think about it, I think they got involved and handled it.  I can't even remember it all it was so long ago, but dh thinks that's what happened too.  I can't even remember which job(have had many given all the military moves) one it was.  

Hi Tony....good to see you!  Skylark and bopper...the kids had a bad storm too, we got out when the getting was good.  Roads hadn't been plowed when ds was driving home last night. 

It was so nice getting into clean sheets last night in my own bed....ahhhh.  Just wish I could have slept!  Got the first big portion of our claim done with the car company yesterday, lots of phone calls...they(Sterling VA dealership) called back and said a rep from the big guys was already there yesterday and looked at the SUV...they are not happy with the dealership down here nor are we.  I guess they are considering a full refund plus some and/or a new vehicle.  But there are no guarantees of course and I'm praying it doesn't get ugly...ier. 

I've been up since 2:30 so called it a wash.  Will go to SPIN class at 6 if I can wait that long.  It isn't the strength-combo though so will do some weights...maybe I'll do them before class then come home and walk the Peanut. 

Honored Contributor

Hi all!  

Thanks @tony14smoke for the welcome.  I feel like a slug next to @Iluvlucy's list since Wednesday is my day off from the gym.  I'll be hitting the Body Gym tonight though and I have double classes tomorrow starting 5am.

And yes I LOVE Pound!  My gym just started it and it's my new favorite class.  I didn't think anything would ever surpass Ride.  My gym only offers it Tuesday 5 am and Friday 5:30pm so I have to rush to get to that one.  They are the only two classes I can get to.  The two others are during the weekday and I work.  Smiley Sad   

If it ever comes around your way, I highly recommend it.  It will kick your butt but you can easily modify it until you get in the swing of it.  

Stay safe for those of you in the storm zone.  Atlanta is sunshine today so I have nothing to complain about unlike the natives here that are walking around in 40 degree weather like Eskimos.  I'm originally from Jersey and only in my sweater so they are my daily laugh for the day...Smiley Very Happy  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Patty, yes, you're right I found out what to do with IRS if I don't receive my W2.  In short, I file an alternate form of estimated earnings and IRS goes after employer. Today I learned that HR also has my gender wrong, and has me as full time but I'm part time.  As a result, they paid me time and a half when I had to work on a holiday, but I was not entitled to time and a half.  Yikes.  I turned in my resignation today, my last day will be tomorrow. Because I didn't give 2 weeks notice, I'll not be allowed to work there ever again. Ummmmm, I don't think that will be a problem.  It's too bad nearly everything about this job was wrong because it was nice that it was only a block from home.  

I hope DS is doing OK, and yay that some progress is being made with the SUV.  I hope the issue is solved quickly.

Laura, thanks for your review of Pound.  Good to know you like it.

Bopper, where ya been today???

I need to go tend to dinner.  Then I'm sitting the rest of the evening.  Juggling the two jobs this week is doing me in.

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

my updates :

as for me ....Nutri .System is not working.  However, I am doing a low carb ( almost like NO carb diet ) on my own ....doing some exercise everyday and the having good result.  I am so so happy ....I am getting toner , less hungry ...seems like things go in sync between working out and eating less ( and healthy )

also, I am adding quinoa into my diet . I soak those seeds overnight to they can swell up, then drink them the next day with my coffee or green tea. I do 4 table spoon ( dry seed ) everyday .

thiings I am doing until the end of January :

-eating 5 time  a day : small portion , no carbs , or very little carbs, mainly just veggie and lean meat .( 3 meals + 2 shakes/day  )

- drinking 2 cups of green tea

- consume those quinoa , they help with the bowle movement too on top of other health benifits

- exercise/working out 1 hour /day ....if time permit, otherwise 30min is still good .

thank you Laura and Nomless and other ladies for your encouragement words , I need that . I am pushing myself very hard this time .Smiley Happy

by body is tonning up now ....love handles and the muffin top is flatten ....I will chop them all off ( loll) ...I like they way I look in clothes these days and that is my biggest motivation to keep going Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Did my Ride and Power combo this morning.  My whole body hurts.  It's actually woken me up every night this week.  I broke down and took some ibuprofen this morning.  The new music/routines are out and it's not easy.  Onward!!  

@AsianGal  You go girl!!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good job ladies!  Laura, I had to take Advil after CrossFit WOD on Monday, that is still the hardest work-out I ever do regardless of how many miles, classes, intensity, etc...in a third of the time.  My gf has been doing it for 2 years and is in phenomenal shape but still has to do the salt baths here and again for certain wod's.  Then my gf here just went back last week after surgery and couldn't go back again until yesterday...couldn't walk and she didnt' even use any weights because of the surgery.  Sure wish I had 2 good shoulders and a hamstring muscle, if it's your personality and work-out preference, there's really nothing like it. But it isn't worth being crippled over and that is a big possiblity with my injuries.  I'm an eater and have no intention of "dieting" so it really works for my personality...I know a lot of people don't like CF and cut it down, but it's all about your personal priorities and preferences.  I have 1200 calories by noon most days and really don't want to change that. Smiley Wink  Even in muy 50's...think I'm hungrier these days than ever before! 

Took Lucy out for a couple of miles, waiting for class at 11....hate they're so late but I like these two(TRX and Boxing) that are back-to-back today.  Just wish they were earlier but they're not.  

MRI's are done, had them last night.  Didn't have the dye, Radiologist said 'no way' given the trouble I've had in the past and the trouble I'm currently having even while on the Prednisone. 

Going to tackle the COC guest-list this afternoon after gym and groceries. 

Hope everyone is having a good day...sun is out here..yay! 

Occasional Contributor

Ladies, let me give you a high five . well after my first zumba classes , my whole body hurt so bad ....I had to moan here and there a little but try not taking pain medicine. After a week or so , my body was adjusted to the movements and such so it is getting better now .  The weight is still not going down (loll) , but I look much better in clothes and going down in 1 size so that is the reward right there.

yes keep doing good works ladies !  The feelings after a workout is awsome Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Hey all, Nomless I must have forgotten yesterday....Yikes.....but I did workout with the Stability ball and walked....

Today I did 12 miles on the bike and used the Bodygym lower body program and then did the Extra workout Core,,,had to modify some as my hip flexors were hurting but I sure do feel it in my core.

AsianGal your doing great, keep it up.  Congratulations on the 1 size down...it sure is rewarding to know your moving in the right direction.

Patty glad your MRI's are done.  When will you hear back?   Crossfit is popular here.  Just last night on the news the one we have is moving to a larger location.

Nomless glad you gave your notice, you didn't like it there anyways..even if it was only a block from the house.   Your on the right path now!   

Laura glad your liking Pound....it does sound fun and yes my girlfriend said you can mofify.

Cater, skylark, Tony, and I know I"m forgetting some new folks but just know I"m cheering you all on!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Glad you just forgot yesterday, Bopper, and that all is well there.

Yes, everyone is doing so great...except me. LOL. I've done nothing this week.  Patty, I enjoy your CF stories.  I'd be interested in trying CF for seniors sometime when I can do it regularly.

Getting ready to go to bad Job for the lastv time.  Yay.  And am in info overload re: new job. It's all a muddle in my mind at the moment, but I have one more week to be trained. It will help a lot.  Boss understands I'll likely be at sea the first few weeks when I'm working without my trainer. Scary, though!

Valued Contributor

It's not "Happy Friday" for us, I couldn't even type it.  DS has a blood clot from where they administered the anesthesia for Saturday's er surgery.  The entire vein is infected.  Of course, since his stomach is bleeding so bad from the ulcers, they can't give him blood thinners like they would a normal person, and he's on so many immunosuppressents that he can't heal like a normal person.  So it's a Catch 22. 

Anyway, it's all I can think about.  They started him on antibiotics and warm compresses.  If things go south, they'll admit him and try the blood thinners but feel that's too risky right now due to the bleeding. 

And here we are without one of our vehicles(mine goes in shop today and will have a loaner and dh still has loaner from Monday's Interstate Breakdown fiaso).  Of course we'll drive a loaner if this gets any worse.  And BMW NA called to tell us to go pick out a new 2016 which is just another thing on to-do list, not where our minds are at.  Most people would have been down to the dealership last night picking out a new car...we can hardly function and don't want to deal with it.

I know, I shouldn't even type here.  I'll be fine once I hear he is.  And this night after night with no sleep would be enough to wear anyone out.  I look like such a hag!  LOL!  Imagine no sleep on top of angiodema every single day...yikes...scary.  And no make-up because of allergic reactions!  Maxine the Hallmark Lady looks better than I do! 

My rear delts are sore from boxing, another reason I really love it.  I hate working rear dealts for some reason, always have, one of my least favortie muscle groups.  Got in quite a few miles too, walked Lucy again last night....after the blood clot texts my steroids fired me up so I had to walk. 

I hope everyone else is doing well and has a good day.  Sorry to be a downer, 2016 is not starting off well for us at all.  But ya roll with the punches.