Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the January Exercise Thread

A big welcome to all the new posters.  We're happy to have you join in.

Patty, the furniture in you described in the Dec thread sounds terrific.  The table will be awesome.  It sounds like a great choice.  Continued good wishes for DS and DH.

Bopper, I'm excited about seeing the vids that come with Marie's bar.  It was nice of you to pick one up for your sister.

I did some cardio today.  Yay. I hope I can get back on track this week.  My week is filling up fast with stuff I need to do, so I'll have to be diligent and be sure to get workouts in.  It's time to put holiday-mode eating behind me, too!

Biggest Loser starts tonight.  I hope it's good.  Alison Sweeney is gone, Bob will be the host.  

Respected Contributor

Morning, just did the treadmill and need to get ready for a dr. Appt.   It's snowy here this morning.

Nomless I'm anxious to get it too.  If she likes it I may get one too.  I'm anxious for BL too and will miss Allison.  I liked her.    Should be interesting.  There's another weight loss show on Thursday at 9 pm EST too, something about Diet, can't remember.

Glad to meet our new folks, always nice to see all the variety of workouts and we learn from each other.

Be Well, Be Blessed and Be Thankful!

Honored Contributor

Spin class this morning and he picked one of the hardest, longest routines.   There will definitely be aspirin tonight in my future I think.   Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good job, Laura!

Bopper, thanks for the info about the Thurs. show.  I looked it up...My Diet Is Better than Yours.  Competitors work with various trainers with various food plans.  Shaun T. Is host.  I'll check it out for sure. 

Valued Contributor

Up and at 'em early today.  Ran to the gym and it was nippy!  That damp wind will do it.  We actually had snow today even though it's up to 39*, but like I said, it's just damp and windy out. Ran, walked, and cross-trained with weights and body-strength exercises.

Was all showered and heading out and we smelled gas again out front so dh called Housing.  Well, that turned in to fire trucks and er vehicles flying to our house and lining the street.  Had a gas leak, they fixed it...I hope. Man Frustrated

Took some jeans back to Nordstrom's this morning(after the gas ordeal) and there wasn't anyone working there!  The place was darn near empty.  Then went to Ghent and out to lunch, it was nice....once dh stopped working and put his blackberry down. Smiley Wink

nomless, hope you can get back into a good routine that works for you.  bopper, hope the doctor appt went well.  I have one on Wed and Thursday I think....ay, want them over with.  Laura, I thought about doing SPIN this morning also.  My lats are already sore. 

Honored Contributor

@Iluvlucy  I'm tired just reading this.   I have double classes at the gym tomorrow so I'll try and keep up.  And yes, my quads are cramping.  My fault though.  I forgot my water bottle this morning so I did the whole class dry.  Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

Patty, yay for noticing the gas smell and doing something about it.  Scary.

Laura, have fun tomorrow.

I'm liking BL.  It looks like a lot of people have been involved in rethinking the show.  I love that they're showing more of the workouts and telling us a lot about the folks.  Bob has several roles, too.  Definitely better so far, IMO.

Honored Contributor

Pound and Power this morning.  I told my ride teacher that I did not like him anymore between yesterday's spin class and he subbed for Power today. My legs really hurt and I don't usually get sore.  Smiley Sad  

He did redeem himself somewhat by showing my how to not use the bar during shoulders and just use plate weights since I hurt myself a few months ago.  

And my Bodygym shipped so yay!  Here comes the home workouts...   

Hope everyone else has a great workout today! 

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I'm in a foul mood today!  I was up all night again with the bugs under my skin, joints aching, nauseous, hot flashes, hives in the form of welts, and my lips, eyes, and nose all swollen today.  DH is on leave, we wanted to do somehting every day but that isn't happening today, can't be seen in public.  I'm so over this, I'll never get off the steroids at this point.  But I can not imagine how I would look if I wasn't on them....I'd be using my Epi-pen. 

nomless....I'm glad you enjoyed your shows.  How has your foot been feeling lately?  Hopefully better since you gave it a rest.  I got some new Nikes that I love and I think some of it is they're higher in the heel which helps my old PF injury.  I love them.

Laura....I've done the back-to-back classes too but I tend to get bored and start watching the clock, wish I wasn't like that.  Not that it's easy, kind of bored, but too long for me and I feel like I need to get going, have things to do, etc....I really think it has to do with my ADD.  I've done the TRX and boxing classes back to back here but my mind starts wandering towards the end and time seems to stand still.  I could be medicated...lol.  I also have shoulder injuries so have had to readjust...not willing to have surgeries.  My hamstring was ripped off too and that will always be problematic. 

bopper...guess no news on the pup.  That stinks!  We'll keep praying, stranger things have happened. 

Snowing this morning and actually stuck.  Windchill was 11* which is well below average for this area.  It didn't feel as cold as yesterday though when it was 39* and snowing...it's weird. 

Okay, I'm going to attempt heading out, dh and Lucy are ready to roll.  My steroids and caffeine have kicked in enough to over-ride the no sleep. 

cater, canine, tony...and anyone else I missed....hope you're okay.  Thanks again for prayers cater...I think of you often and your kind words(evryone else too, I don't mean that, just how you pop in here with that is so touching).  He had a bad day of pain yesterday, next infusion is Friday. 

Respected Contributor

Morning, very windy today and it's 17 outside but wind chill has to be around 0.  Not sure I"ll go out and walk with Logan, his feet get cold.   I have my Proform bike out and will ride that and then do some free weights.

I watched BL too and liked the format.  I did miss Allison though I also liked her.  Richard Hatch from Survivor surprised me being on there.  I guess the money he won on Survivor he gambled it all away....

Waving to all our new friends here !

Patty glad everything is alright now.   How scary for you all.   Thanks for the good wishes on the dr. appt. All went well.   Labs on Thursday just routine yearly stuff.   Good luck with yours.  

Waving to everyone!