Respected Contributor

Welcome to the January Exercise Thread

Welcome, it's the start of another new Year, Lets Do this!  Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the January Exercise Thread

Yes! My goal is to do a 5k this year. But I haven't exercised in years. Going to ease myself into training, starting with walking. Happy new year and good luck to everyone!
Respected Contributor

Happy New Year everyone!

Welcome Rachb, doing a 5 k would be awesome!  Your going about it the right way too with easing into it.   When is it?

I did the trail today and have been lazy, taking down my tree and decorations, vacuuming...just stuff around here watching the Bowl games.

The sun finally has shown here tody and even now I see blue skies...oh how welcome that was today.  It's been a really long time.  Seems we have lots of clouds this time of year.   Even got hubby out to go on the snowy trail with Logan.

Be Well, Be Blessed, and Be Thankful!

Respected Contributor

I haven't registered for it yet but I'm thinking by next fall!
Respected Contributor

Yay, Rachb, you have a goal.  We'll be happy to cheer you on along the way.  Welcome.

Well, I did nothing today.  But I did order the BodyGym mostly because of the DVDs. I have the Tony Little bar, but I don't like his DVDs and I can never remember what moves I can do with the bar.  I hope Marie's DVDs are better than Tony's.  

It's so cold here.  Humbug!  But I can tell each day is getting a little longer.  

I spent most of the afternoon watching the Restaurant Starup show on CNBC.  On one of them, a group from my town was featured, but they were eliminated straight away.  I'll check out their restaurant sometime....I hadn't heard of it.

Trusted Contributor

Hi, I'm new here.  I did an hour on the treadmill today, fake push-ups, and little weights for arms.  Later I will do my excises for the back.  

Today was easy, since I didn't work.  I need to come up with a better schedule for work days, since they are hit or miss for me.  (On work days, I'm usually out of the house minimum of 12 hours.) 

Do the math.
Respected Contributor

Happy Saturday everyone,

Welcome MarielG,  It's hard when your gone for a long time at work.   You did great today!  Anything that keeps us moving is good!

I walked with my sister today outside since it was 40 and felt like Spring!   Then took Logan to the trail and did it 2x...some Total Gym and band work too.

Nomless I have Tony Little's Bar too but I can't find the DVD.  I just do what I remember but I also ordered the Marie Osmond one.   My sister expressed intereset in it so I'm getting it for her as a little "gift"...

We're under a Winter weather advisory for tonight into all day tomorrow, ending at 7 am on Monday!   Ugggg hope we don't get as much as they are saying....

Patty, how is your weekend going?  I sure hope DS is doing alright and DH is feeling better.   

I don't have much more to add so enjoy your evening!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Good Sunday Funday!

Began my day with my hubby cooking breakfast and then got outside in the fresh cold air and fresh snow and snow shoed my trail.  So pretty outside I just stand and look up and reflect on my day and give thanks!

Hoping eveyone enjoys their day and remembesr to give thanks and find something positive to reflect on each and everyday!

Be Well, Be Blessed and Be Thankful!

Honored Contributor

Love all the pics.  My first exercise class of 2016 was pound class at the gym.  I also ordered the Body gym since I'm having a litte trouble in power class due to a shoulder injury.  Hoping to supplement at home with that.  

Next up, spin class tomorrow morning.  I am dreading the crowds at the gym this first week of January but it's always nice to see people start to take care of themselves again.  And there are no fake pushups.  They all count!

Best wishes all!

Valued Contributor

Hi everyone...happy Sunday.  Welcome to the new faces...happy to see you! 

I got a few miles in this morning before church....was going to be a day off but I wasn't near as sore as I expected to be from yesterday(and it's so nice out).  My legs anyway, my upper is sore from pull-ups, push-ups, and some other stuff we did on the circuit machines and bars at Mt. Trashmore but not terrible...feels good. Ran the hills and steps and seriously almost keeled over....man, they're tough.  Have to start doing that more...or walk them...lol.  Even DH was huffing and puffing and had to catch his bearings for a minute.  We got in over 10-miles in addition to that stuff. 

Oh....one of the circuits is like Bench-Jumps(over-the-bench, bench-jump-overs, whatever you want to call them)...but it's over a bar instead of a bench.  Well, my hands were sweaty and I got tired and my shoe hit the bar instead of clearing it and my hand slipped at the same time.  Yeah....I went down.  I'm the biggest klutz around.  I can't win...shouldn't go out in public.  Man Frustrated

I'm always so happy to have my decorations down and put away, feels 'fresh' to me.  We are in house-hunting mode and planning for COC and the move.  Lots to do. People are already planning some get-togethers because they know Feb will be here before we know it and it will be busy.  We will probably do a house-hunting trip soon...if we can find anything we want to look at. 

Hope everyone is doing okay.  I taught Sunday-School then had Toddler Nursery so my brain is drawing a blank...lol. 

OH!!  We saw CONCUSSION with Will Smith.  Excellent movie....disturbing, but I'd say a must-see if you're even slightly interested in it.