Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the August Exercise Thread

I feel much better today.  Did a 60 min workout.   I guess yesterday's 30 min easy session was active rest and it paid off.

Tony, great to see you.  What a great time you had.   How cool they make it so easy to do biking, hiking, etc.   It sounds awesome.   I bet it's gorgeous when leaves turn color.

Hi, Bopper.   I hope you've had no more trouble with the bear.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi everyone, lots of stuff going on with you guys here...bears,Maine vacations. We were at Acadia a few years ago so wild and lovely. Not much here, I've only been doing mile walks lately.  But have been doing lots of yard work,cutting grass,and trimming bushes. I should do more than I do.  I'm thinking of getting an exercise bike,but I've had one and never did much on it,finally gave it away.  But I might try again. Really don't want to get too sedentary in retirement,hasn't been a year yet.

Well,hope everyone has a great weekend.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

Morning,  going to be a warm day today and all next week which is strange for our area in Sep;tember.

Skylark I LOVE my X Bike I got from HSN.   It's super quiet, comfortable and folds up.  I recommend it highly.   I got it about a month ago and has great reviews, so just wanted to mention it.  I also ride an outside bike but for days when it's hot I like to ride this.  have 15 miles on it so far this morning.

Nomless you had a good workout yesterday, that shorter day paid off.  What are you doing today?   We are going to the Harbor Music Festival this afternoon and then not sure what.   Logan is doing better too thanks.  No bear since that one night although I haven't checked the cam yet.

Tony your trip sounds great.  How cool to get on a bus with your bike and go all over.  I'd love to do that and so pretty too.  Great exercise for the mind and the body!

Almost September, yikes........  that happened too soon!

Have a great day everyone!

Respected Contributor

Hi, Skylark and Booper.   I'm glad Logan is better.  Skylark, I hope you're enjoying walks with Angie.  It would be great to have a bike.  You should do it.

I did a short workout this afternoon. I put different inserts in my shoes, I think that helped my foot.

I need to hurry and get ready to leave...going to dinner with a friend.  Bopper, have fun at the festival.

Regular Contributor

Hi Everyone!

Nomless- I really hope your foot gets better. and I hope you had a great meal! when does your new job start?

Bopper- and I hope you had fun at the festival. You are right - mind and body , vacation took care of both !

Skylark- lucky you to be retired !

I tried to do workouts this week- did get a couple of walks in and a couple of chalean workouts but nothing consistent.

Enjoying the weekend off- things were starting to get crazy at work- escalations with the full moon!

Respected Contributor

Hi, Tony.  Good job doing some Chalean.  Love her.  Nothing's firmed up about the new job yet.  The CEO is still deciding if he wants to add staff.  My would-be boss is still making the case that yes, they need more employees.

I intended to do only 30 min today but I felt ok so I put in an hour.  I switch machines a lot.  Start on the elliptical, then to the treadmill.  When my foot hurts, back to the elliptical.   And so on.  It keeps me from going stark raving mad with boredom, too. LOL

Have a happy Sumday, everybody.

Respected Contributor

Happy Sunday Funday!   I did 50 minutes of rebounding and 10 miles on the bike today.  Met my step goal so I can watch me some baseball!

Nomless you did good switching it up, glad you got that hour in!  Hope this job pans out for you too.  Is it something you would like?

Tony hows the weekend going?  i don't see a race scheduled for today, but I am watching 2 baseball games Smiley Wink

Skylark did you go for your walk with the pups?  It's supposed to be really hot here this week, very unusual.  I really don't care for 80's but what can you do!

Made some chicken and wild rice soup and I must say yummmmmmmm  even on a hot day.

Enjoy the rest of the day!

Respected Contributor

Hi, the last day of August, say WHAT!!!!!   That can't be true!   Where did the summer go?

I did a mixture of a workout today, rebounding, biking, TG..for 2 hours!  Yup I was a bit toasted at the end!    Good one though.

How is everyone doing?  Missing a few folks.  Just come and say Hi, everyone is welcome here.

Nomless how's the day going?   Smiley Wink 

Skylark waving to you!  Smiley Very Happy

Tony how "you" doin  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Hi, Bopper.  You did a great job today! Thanks for the good thoights about the job.  Idon't know when I'll hear something definite.

I was busy today, but I got in 30min cardio.  Better than nothing, right?

ANW fimals start tonight.  Fun!

Esteemed Contributor

HI everyone.  Everyone is so inspiring with their workouts.  I've done nothing today but give my little dog Daisy a bath.  Can't bathe Ang,she's a head case about baths. But the day isn't over,yet. I'll go a few miles this evening with Ang and maybe DH. 

CANNOT believe it's September tomorrow.  Big birthday month for my family. Summer,I hardly knew ye.  Have a nice night everyone.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth