Honored Contributor

Re: Week Thirteen of the NFL Regular Season!!!

Romo has a week off now and then ten more days before the rematch with the Eagles. It'll be interesting to see how he looks/plays Thursday. He didn't look ""right"" on Thanksgiving.
Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

The Colts waived cornerback Louchiez Purifoy because of disciplinary problems. Apparently, he broke several team rules, although it's not clear exactly what they were. Seattle has just signed him to their roster. I guess the Seahawks overlooked all his issues. Purifoy wasn't a bad player, but not a pro bowler, so watch him improve now that he's with Seattle. I wouldn't be surprised if he does well with his new team. Maybe Pete Carroll can straighten him up.

Ray Rice is now able to be reinstated in the NFL. Despite rumors that he could end up in Indy, the Colts have no interest in him. I don't know of any team that would take him. There is just too much controversy involved, and Rice's best years might be behind him. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think he'll play in the NFL again.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

I kind of laugh at the thought of Pete Carroll straightening out a player. Herm Edwards, Andy Reid and some others might take a guy to rehab him, but Pete Carroll, probably not. He'll more tolerate the guy and hope to exploit his physical skills. If he becomes too big of a pain he'll cut him loose. I don't think there will be any straightening out from Pete Carroll.

I think the big issue for Ray Rice was the drop-off in his performance lately. If he was the Ray Rice of two or three years ago, a few teams would take a chance on him, but he was only averaging something like 3 yards a carry at the end there and you can get that kind of performance out of just about anyone. Adrian Peterson won't lack for suitors when he becomes available because he's still productive, but Ray Rice's productivity had dropped off and as a rule when a running back loses his edge, he doesn't get it back. The Saints were willing to part with Darren Sproles because they thought he would be losing his edge. Teams just don't hang onto older running backs. An older running back with lots of baggage who's not as effective as he was, might just as well retire. He'll be lucky to get a tryout contract with a team for training camp next year. Running backs get old quickly in the NFL and running is something that translates pretty easily from the college game to the pro game.

I'm 3-0 on my picks so far this week. I'm a little worried about my pick of the Jaguars though. I still don't have a good feeling either way on that game. I'm hoping the Jags pull it out for me.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

And it's game day! The later games are by far the best today with the Packers/Patriots and then the Chiefs/Broncos. Both should be pretty good games.

The Eagles still have a week before our next game. Some Cowboy fans have complained that the Cowboys were too tired from playing a tough team while the Eagles had an easy game against the Titans and that's why the Cowboys lost to the Eagles. The good news for them is that the Cowboys will have ten days off after Thursday's game against the Bears to prepare for the Eagles. The Eagles even have a 4:30 game next Sunday against the Seahawks so the Cowboys get the easy game this week and then have ten days to prepare while the Eagles will be coming off a tough later game against the Seahawks. In two weeks time there won't be any excuses for a poor performance by the Cowboys. That should be a fun game to watch. I'm not sure the Eagles are as good as they looked on Thursday and I'm pretty sure the Cowboys aren't as bad as they looked, but the two teams didn't look very close in that game. In two weeks we'll get a better feel for where the two teams stand.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

With the Cowboys playing on T Day they gave us-

Saints/Steelers on Fox or Texans/Titans CBS......late game should be a good one...Pats/Pack and then SNF Broncos/Chiefs.....

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Some interesting news in the pregame shows today. The Niners are planning to trade Harbaugh and the Saints are looking to draft a kid to replace Drew Brees. There aren't a lot of quality quarterbacks coming out in the draft this year, so unless they can come up with an RGIII type trade, they'll be lucky to find a guy. I'm not sure even three first round picks would pry Marcus Mariota out of the hands of the first team that needs a QB. He might very well be a four or five first round picks kind of guy. Jameis Winston might hang around a while, but he's a high risk kind of guy. If the Saints look to move Brees then I wouldn't be shocked to see the Eagles mentioned as a landing place. He doesn't fit Chip Kelly's blueprint (tall, rangy, big hands) but he's a proven winner and with Darren Sproles already in place along with a good group of receivers and a solid offensive line, he could be a valuable pickup.

It'll be interesting to see what kind of offers the Niners get for Harbaugh. If I was a GM I wouldn't offer them anything no matter how badly I wanted him to coach my team. He's only got one year left on his contract and could walk after that. I'd rather compete for him as a free agent and try to woo him to my team rather than trade valuable picks to get him. You can't even be sure the Niners would release his assistant coaches so he could be coming in empty handed.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Valued Contributor

Holy Cow!!! Raiders losing 52-0

Esteemed Contributor

That turned out well for the Colts. 49-27. The Colts turned the ball over twice in the beginning, but Washington only scored three points off it. Colt McCoy played quite well (he had over 300 yards), but the team just didn't protect him much. They did have some good drives, and there were a few times the game was close.The Colts defense came through when needed, though.

Vontae Davis went out with a concussion. I don't know how long he'll be out. That's when the Redskins seemed to capitalize. Vontae's replacement, Josh Gordon, didn't do as good a job in covering. DeSean Jackson was hurt. I think it was his right leg; I don't know the extent of the injury. He had an impressive game day before he went down.

Luck is 4,000 yard so far this season. That is amazing!

LOL on Jacksonville winning. The Jaguars came back from 21 points down,and that is something they don't do.

Off to watch NE-Green Bay.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

I was pleased to see the Jags pull that game out. That was the pick I had the least confidence in, but the Giants are a mess right now and the Jags finished strong last year.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Concept of trading coaches is new to me. Have teams been doing this for many years or is it something new?