Honored Contributor

Week Thirteen of the NFL Regular Season!!!

And this will be an unlucky week thirteen for half the teams and a lucky week for the rest. There's lots of interesting stuff going on this week. We start out with the Thanksgiving games.

Chicago goes to Detroit for the early Thanksgiving game. Detroit's a seven point favorite and no matter how bad they are, they usually play pretty well on Thanksgiving. I'll give this one to Detroit.

The Eagles go to Dallas and take on the Cowboys for first place in the NFC East. This will be a fun game. The Eagles defensive line is talking a bit more (actually a lot more) than normal this week and not showing a lot of respect to the Cowboy offensive line. You don't normally see that from those guys. It'll be interesting to see if their play can match their talk. I'm picking the Eagles to win, but it should be a tight game. The Eagles need to cut down on the turnovers. Mark Sanchez is throwing too many passes in the middle of the field and defenses are adjusting to that and overloading the middle. He's got to move away from the tight ends/slot receiver and to the wide receivers more to cut down on the risk of interceptions. Maclin and Cooper can beat the one on one coverage and Sanchez will have to air it out to those guys a bit more. I've got the Eagles winning this one though.

Seattle goes to San Francisco on Thursday night. This is a huge game for those two teams. The winner has a pretty good shot at the playoffs, things start to look a bit rough for the loser though. I'm not overly impressed by either team right now, but I'll take the Seahawks on the road since they stay on the West coast.

On to Sunday. San Diego goes to Baltimore. I've got to think Baltimore will pull this one out. The two teams are pretty evenly matched, but the West coast teams heading East almost always have issues. I'll take Baltimore.

Cleveland goes to Buffalo. This is a rare important game with playoff implications between both teams this late in the season. I'm taking Buffalo, but if Hoyer has a big game we could see Cleveland take this one. Josh Gordon will help Cleveland a bit.

Tennessee goes to Houston. I'll take Houston and JJ Watt over the Titans.

Washington goes to Indy. Well, the Redskins have benched RGIII. The big question now is will RGIII be the backup, or the inactive quarterback? If they keep him as the backup, then maybe they haven't totally given up on him. If he's the inactive quarterback then it's farewell to the franchise quarterback. I don't really think it matters who the quarterback is though as Indy should win pretty easily.

The Giants got to Jacksonville in what looked like a sure win for the Giants in the preseason. It's not so sure looking now. I'm thinking the Jags may just sneak in a win here this week. I'm taking the Jags.

Carolina goes to Minnesota. Somehow Minnesota is the favorite in this game and I suspect the Vikings will win. Carolina is one of those teams that thought they were getting rid of players who were baggage (Steve Smith for the Panthers and Darren Sproles for the Saints) only to find that they've cut the heart out of their own team. I'll take the Vikings.

New Orleans goes to Pittsburgh. I'll take Pittsburgh. I've given up on the Saints. They're in freefall and It's not pretty.

Oakland goes to Saint Louis. The Rams are playing with a lot of heart, so I'll take the Rams.

Cincinnati goes to Tampa Bay. I'll take the Bengals here.

Arizona goes to Atlanta. I've got a feeling Atlanta will finally wake up and win this game. Someone's got to take control of the NFC South and Atlanta's as good as anyone else.

New England goes to Green bay i what should be the best game on Sunday. I suspect the Packers may have been looking past the Vikings a bit last week. They won't be looking past the Patriots. I'm picking the Packers simply because they're playing at home. It should be a fun game.

Denver goes to KC on Sunday night. This should also be a good game. Playing in KC is never fun. I'll take KC in this one.

And on Monday night Miami goes to the Jets. I'll take pretty much anyone over the Jets right now. I'll take Miami.

By the end of this week the playoff picture should be a little clearer.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Re: Week Thirteen of the NFL Regular Season!!!

Hey Gardenman.....to continue the conversation from the previous post I wouldn't hire Winston to pick up the trash at the stadium after the game!!!! Yes physically he has all the right tools and athletic ability more so than Manziel, but he just gets himself deeper and deeper in trouble....you would have think after a couple incidents he would have been on his best behavior and would have minded his p's & q's......but NO!!! So to put it mildly.....I'M NOT A FAN!!!! {#emotions_dlg.glare} And his draft stock as well as his NFL pay check potential continues to drop accordingly....but I'm sure some team, some where will take a chance....and think they can control him....after all we've all seen how it's worked out for Manziel....{#emotions_dlg.glare}

Well Washington benched Robert and that about says it all for his "career" in the Washington/DC/MD area.....hope you enjoyed the nation's capitol....Gruden should've gone with Colt against the Bucs winnable game.....poor Colt going against the Colts.....The drama continues and we will see what my team does for a long term solution at QB.....STAY TUNED!!! Oh well at least I have my Spurs which does ease the pain of another dreadful NFL season for my team....GO SPURS GO!!!

Be back to make my picks later.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Yeah, at some point Winston will be too good of a bargain to pass up, but there's a likelihood he'll be a wasted pick. If, and this is a huge if, he grows up he could be a tremendous bargain. Vontaze Burfict was a guy like that a few years ago who turned onto a gem, but more often than not they fail miserably.
Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Contributor

Thanks so much for your posts all season - have enjoyed them. I am not a Winston fan - but you wait - when it comes draft time - his stock will be up and doing well - as Jimmy Johnson says this is a bottom line business - and he does add to the bottom line - will be interesting to see how much trouble he can get into/or stay out of in the big leagues.

Have a good thanksgiving!

Super Contributor

enjoyed the posts..

Honored Contributor

Here are my picks....which have been somewhat of a turkey...how appropro.{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Interesting info on NFL.com.....While Washington has apparently given up on RGIII, Jerry Jones still has confidence in him to become a good QB....hey Jerry wanna make a deal ...perhaps a draft pick or trade....Wink

LET'S ROLL----------------------

Bears/Lions---Detroit kicks off T day....this game could go either way-- I just don't trust the Lions after that lackluster performance against the Pats and every time they have a good game they seem to follow it with a poor performance.....I'm going with DA BEARS!

Eagles/Cowboys battle for 1st place in the NFC Least.....should be a good game and a close one. Dallas has a good O line and RB but Dallas's D is still suspect allowing a lot of yards. The Eagles have questions of their own in the secondary....Turnovers are also a critical area for the Eagles--Sanchez has 6 ints and 2 fumbles since he took over at QB. I'm flipping a coin--COWBOYS at home....

Seahawks/49ers.....Washington was right in the game against the 49ers and could have won it which means 49ers are still squeaking by. Meanwhile the Seahawks took care of business against the Cards at home and looked a lot better and played more aggressively. I'm going with the SEAHAWKS!

Chargers/Ravens....have to go with the CHARGERS

Browns/Bills---the Browns eeked out a win and the Bills took care of business after all those distractions with the crazy weather .....going with the BILLS!

Titans/Texans---Titans have been looking awful. Texans QB Mallett is on IR but they still have JJ...going with the TEXANS!

Washington/Colts---The good news is QB Colt McCoy who gives us Washington fan's hope, but the bad news is Washington is playing the Colts....gotta go with Andrew and THE COLTS!

Giants/Jags--Giants had the lead for most of the game against the Cowboys, but due to mistakes the Cowboys came back and won. The Jags are horrible....Gotta go with the GIANTS this week and hopefully they will cut down on their mistakes.

Panthers/Vikings-wonder if weather will be a factor. Vikes did a good job hanging with the 1st place NFC North Packers...but lost. Panthers have not been very impressive this year having dispersed some of their talented players this offseason and it's hurt the team.....Panthers got annihilated by the Eagles and lost in a squeaker to lowly Falcons....going with the VIKINGS

Saints/Steelers-I've thrown in the towel for the Saints and going with the STEELERS!

Raiders/Rams-Raiders coming off their first win!!!! Oh those fiesty Rams they beat the Broncos and almost beat the Chargers......I'm going with that defense and THE RAMS

Bengals/Bucs---going with my cat Figgy's BENGALS!

Cards/Falcons-battle of the birds.....looking for CARDS to rebound and win....

Pats/Packers---what can you say about Tom Brady and company.....the Packers did not look like world beaters against the Vikes.....but the Pack is at Lambeau so I'll go with the PACKERS!

Broncos/Chiefs--Chiefs lost a heart breaker to the Raiders who seemed to want it more....Broncos got beat by Rams and had a close call against a decent Dolphin team.....the game is played at Arrowhead.....but I just gotta go with Peyton and THE BRONCOS because I think the Broncos have more talent....

Dolphins/Jets---the Jets are soooooooooooooo bad I think my Washington team could even could beat them with RGIII as QB....{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} DOLPHINS in a easy one......

GOOD LUCK TO ALL

AND HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL THE NFL FANS!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

It's intriguing that Gruden is keeping RGIII as the backup over Kirk Cousins. He must really be down on Kirk Cousins. RGIII's not happy, I'm pretty sure Cousins is even less happy, and things are apt to get kind of interesting this off season in Washington. If Gruden survives (not a sure thing, but who else could they get to coach the team?) then he's got to deal with a group of disgruntled quarterbacks and try to figure out who the quarterback should be. I'm thinking two of the three quarterbacks will want a ticket out of Washington and will say/do anything to get that ticket.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Jerry Jones pick up RGIII if he can. I'm getting to the point where I'd be surprised if RGIII or Johnny Manziel didn't end up in Dallas before/during the next NFL draft, or Dallas might make a move to get Jameis Winston. They've taken plenty of chances on bad character guys before, so they may make the move on Winston if he hangs around long enough. The talent level on those three guys will likely leave Jerry Jones drooling a bit. The flashing red warning signs attached to all three may not discourage him. It should be a fun off season to watch.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

On 11/26/2014 gardenman said:

It's intriguing that Gruden is keeping RGIII as the backup over Kirk Cousins. He must really be down on Kirk Cousins. RGIII's not happy, I'm pretty sure Cousins is even less happy, and things are apt to get kind of interesting this off season in Washington. If Gruden survives (not a sure thing, but who else could they get to coach the team?) then he's got to deal with a group of disgruntled quarterbacks and try to figure out who the quarterback should be. I'm thinking two of the three quarterbacks will want a ticket out of Washington and will say/do anything to get that ticket.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Jerry Jones pick up RGIII if he can. I'm getting to the point where I'd be surprised if RGIII or Johnny Manziel didn't end up in Dallas before/during the next NFL draft, or Dallas might make a move to get Jameis Winston. They've taken plenty of chances on bad character guys before, so they may make the move on Winston if he hangs around long enough. The talent level on those three guys will likely leave Jerry Jones drooling a bit. The flashing red warning signs attached to all three may not discourage him. It should be a fun off season to watch.

Hey GARDENMAN......great minds think alike because I've long said I wouldn't be surprised if Manziel or Robert ended up in Dallas......the Cowboy faithful are not and have never been enamored with Romo and with the fans willing to sell their tickets to opponents and even players have noticed it seems Jerrah would do something to keep the faithful interested...which calls for let's get Manziel......and with Robert why he would show to his old friend Snyder that his organization could still make a QB out of Robert which would make for interesting conversation when they go on one of their off season cruises together.....

Esteemed Contributor

I know I said that it would be best for Washington to go with McCoy, but I would have liked RG111 to play this last game before being benched. {#emotions_dlg.laugh} Colt against the Colts has a nice ring to it, though. Anyway, I have a feeling that the game might be closer than expected. With RG111 out, the team could rally behind McCoy and come to Indy ready to play. Indy's O line has trouble protecting Andrew Luck sometimes (he was sacked 4 times by Jacksonville in the first half.) Then there is Alfred Morris, who has had some nice running games. He is a concern. I think the Colts will win, but I expect Washington to put up a fight. The fact that RG111 isn't playing gives more hope to Washington, and I'm afraid that the team will show that.

How did the Jets end up playing on Monday night? When they did the schedule, they probably figured that the game would be more competitive since it's a division game. I wonder if ESPN's ratings will drop this Monday.

There are some good games tomorrow. I'm especially interested in the Eagles-Cowboys, since the Colts face the Cowboys later this year. I want to see what to expect.

SPURT, I like your cat photo. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

On 11/26/2014 teganslaw said:

I know I said that it would be best for Washington to go with McCoy, but I would have liked RG111 to play this last game before being benched. {#emotions_dlg.laugh} Colt against the Colts has a nice ring to it, though. Anyway, I have a feeling that the game might be closer than expected. With RG111 out, the team could rally behind McCoy and come to Indy ready to play. Indy's O line has trouble protecting Andrew Luck sometimes (he was sacked 4 times by Jacksonville in the first half.) Then there is Alfred Morris, who has had some nice running games. He is a concern. I think the Colts will win, but I expect Washington to put up a fight. The fact that RG111 isn't playing gives more hope to Washington, and I'm afraid that the team will show that.

How did the Jets end up playing on Monday night? When they did the schedule, they probably figured that the game would be more competitive since it's a division game. I wonder if ESPN's ratings will drop this Monday.

There are some good games tomorrow. I'm especially interested in the Eagles-Cowboys, since the Colts face the Cowboys later this year. I want to see what to expect.

SPURT, I like your cat photo. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

HEY TEGAN......

Yep Washington did seem to rally around Colt when he was in at QB.....even the defense seemed to pick up the pace....In the game against the 49ers I was happy to see RB Alfred Morris have a nice game...our o line definitely run blocks better than pass block...And Colt can move from the pocket a bit---he's not an option QB, just a mobile pocket passer and doesn't take long to get rid of the ball either....and see his second options quicker than Robert does .....But over all I don't think the Colts have too many worries....Andrew is big and strong and our secondary is a big weakness too so I'm sure Reggie Wayne will have a good day....Good Luck!!!!I see you picked up LB Shaun Phillips from the Titans....

Boy some of the Monday Night games have been real stinkers...and this upcoming one with the Jets/Dolphins doesn't look too good..Is MNF included in the NFL flex scheduling?....If they were, I'd certainly would've flexed this upcoming game and gotten something more competitive.....{#emotions_dlg.laugh} Rex said he has 2 good quarterbacks...WHERE????????????

Glad you liked the kitty Turkey photo....