Honored Contributor

Re: Week Thirteen of the NFL Regular Season!!!

And it's game day!!! Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Three big games today. The first game is Chicago at Detroit. Then the Eagles go to Dallas and then the Seahawks visit San Francisco.

The Eagles are reasonably healthy heading into today's game. Nick Foles is still out and Emmanuel Acho, our backup inside linebacker, is iffy with a bad groin, but other than that, we're ready to go. It's going to be fun watching the lines play today. The Eagles defensive linemen are very, very tired of hearing how good the Cowboys offensive line is and they've been making quite a bit of noise about it this week. That's unusual for those guys. They seem very confident that they can manhandle the Cowboy line and control the game. As several of them have said, the Cowboys only have one new guy on the line and he's a rookie, so they don't see what the big deal is. They've handled the other four just fine, so they don't think they'll have a problem. We'll have to see who's right, but they seem very, very confident heading into this game. If the Eagles' defensive linemen are right, then it could be a very long day for Tony Romo.

The Eagles' offense also seems pretty confident, but they're a bit quieter about it. They seem to feel that the Cowboy defense has been protected by DeMarco Murray and the Cowboy running game and that there are lots of holes there to exploit. Expect to see LeSean McCoy get the ball early and often then have Mark Sanchez try to go deep on the Cowboy secondary if the safeties start to cheat up.

The big threats from the Cowboys are DeMarco Murray, Dez Bryant and Jason Witten. DeMarco Murray needs his line to open holes for him and if the Eagles can keep the line in check, he should be kept in check. Dez Bryant is the home run hitter who can score form anywhere on the field, but he'll disappear for a while in games too. Jason Witten could have an especially big game as the Cowboys offensive coaches will almost certainly try to get him matched up with the Eagles' inside linebackers who aren't especially good in pass coverage. Witten's mastered the nearly invisible push-off to get some space and he's done it enough the officials largely ignore it, so expect him to catch a lot of balls today. It should be a good game.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

49er fan here. Tonight's game will be exciting and hardfought by these West Coast rivals. If the Niners utilize their running game and Kapernick has no picks, we should win. Go Niners.
Honored Contributor

Well, the Bears started out well. Things kind of fell apart after that good start, but they started out well. On to the Eagles/Cowboys!

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Valued Contributor

Big shout out to Detroit for hosting the Bills this past Monday night and then going out and winning today! Good karma all around! Thank you Detroit!

gardenman, don't want to jinx your team, it is looking pretty good for them right now!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Honored Contributor

Yeah, it was a good first half. We'll have to see what happens in the second half. I'd have loved to have gotten some more touchdowns instead of field goals, but our defense is playing well and things seem pretty much under control. This first drive of the second half will tell a lot. The Cowboys should have made adjustments and we'll see what happens.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Dallas doesn't look good. They just can't seem to stop the Eagles. If the Cowboys' defense plays like this, the Colts shouldn't have much to worry about. As long as they can stop Dez Bryant, they have a chance. Hopefully, Romo won't be on his game when they face the Colts. Sanchez must be playing some of the best football this season.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

Well, that was fun. The Eagles snapped Tony Romo's streak of 38 straight games with a passing TD. They held Demarco Murray to a season low in yards. All in all they pretty much destroyed Dallas. Those Eagle defenders who were talking all week, backed up the talk.

Dallas now has to go to Chicago in a week and at this time of the year that field in Chicago is typically a bit of a mess. The Cowboys are a speed team and that field in Chicago does not favor a speed team. That could be a pretty tough game for Dallas. Tony Romo did not look right today. He looked very gun shy, off balance, inaccurate, and just generally rattled.

And the scary thing for the rest of the league is that wasn't even a particularly well played game by the Eagle offense. They left a lot of points on the field. That final score could have been a whole lot worse. I get ten days off now before Seattle comes to Philly for our next game. That's a game that looked like a loss earlier in the year, but Seattle's not playing brilliantly right now, so we'll have to see what happens there.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

Congrat on the win Gardenman. I didn't see the game and I certaintly will not be watching my copy of it. Hearing the score, the game must had gone exactly how I expected it would. And I don' expect anything better when we meet again, even though the Cowboys do play better at away games. Eagles are just too good, plus December, our doomsday month is coming up. I think Philly is superbowl bound, just have to knock off either Arizona or the Packers.

Big SIGH from me.{#emotions_dlg.sad}

Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving.

Honored Contributor

Yellowrose. Tony Romo did not look even remotely healthy yesterday. At the first sign of pressure he was either throwing the ball up for grabs, or diving to the turf. I don't know if the short turn-around from Sunday to Thursday didn't give him the time he needed to bounce back, or if his injury is worse than announced, but he didn't look like Tony Romo. The Cowboys are already talking a lot about the rematch with the Eagles in two weeks, which is actually a very bad sign for them. They play Chicago this week and it seems like most of the players are looking right past Chicago to the rematch with Philly. If they don't get refocused on Chicago they may lose that game.

Arizona strikes me as a team that's likely to fade a bit with Stanton at quarterback. I wouldn't be shocked to see them go from leading the division to missing the playoffs again. They play the Falcons, Chiefs, Rams, Seahawks and Niners. With less than stellar quarterback play they could lose all five of those games. Those are all teams that are capable of beating them.

I'm pretty sure the Eagles' players would love a rematch with the Packers. They were not happy with how they played up there. I'm not sure the Eagles would win the rematch, but they'd put up more of a fight, that's for sure. Now it seems like forever until the next Eagles game.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

I forgot about Palmer being out. That does make a difference. Having a night away game on Sunday, then playing on Thurs was terrible for Romo. He needs to give his back more of a break than that. Not to say that we would had won otherwise, but maybe it would had been a closer game. I am very concerned about this Chicago game. I said at the halfway mark that Dallas has seen the best of their season. I would love to be wrong.