Honored Contributor

Re: Week Nine of the NFL Regular Season!!!

SPURT. I missed most of the Redskin's game, but when the Eagles' game ended they switched coverage to that game and it was just in time to see the really, really bad throw to Garcon on fourth down. That was just a brutally bad pass. He could have lobbed the ball to him underhanded and completed the pass, but instead opted to throw it into the ground at Garcon's feet. That's the kind of pass that has to make a coach question if the guy should be your quarterback. That was as easy a pass as you'll ever get in the NFL to an open receiver, right in front of you and RGIII threw it into the ground.

Foles' injury should be a four to eight week recovery. He hasn't been "right" since early in the season when he got hit on that shoulder a few times. I'm kind of guessing that it might have been compromised back then and finished off today. If he comes back in even eight weeks that makes him available for the playoffs.

The NFC East does look pretty wide open now for the Eagles. Dr. Jerry Jones says Romo will be back next week, but if he is, you have to wonder how long he'll last. Dez Bryant was apparently shouting at, and angry with Weeden on the sidelines, so team chemistry may not be ideal in Big D. The Giants could claw their way back into things, but they've got a killer schedule for the next few weeks. If they get back into this thing they'll deserve it. Their first big test is tomorrow night against the Colts. Their schedule is a killer though. We'll know more about the Cowboys after this coming game in London. If they lose to Jacksonville (and it's possible though unlikely) then stick a fork in the Cowboys.

I had a gut feeling the Chargers would have a hard time against the Dolphins, but WOW! I didn't think they'd be that bad. That was impressive.

The Niners have somehow found a way to lose to the Rams 13-10. Yikes! It's starting to look like the Cards will run away with the NFC West and we're unlikely to even see a wild card team come from the NFC West the way those teams are playing. Right now it looks like the Cowboys/Packers/Eagles/Lions will be four of the NFC playoff teams with whoever wins the South being the fifth. The Seahawks might sneak in there yet as a wild card, but it's not looking great for them.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Arizona Cardinals are number one in the NFC. Who would've thought? Go Cardinals!
Trusted Contributor

On 11/2/2014 ury said:
On 11/2/2014 yellowrose said:

Cowboys lose, Texans lose. Double dose of defeat for me. But I expected as much.

Yellowrose, my dear friend moved to Dallas / Ft. Worth [Flower Mound]. She loves the Texas pride. Cheers for sports teams from both states and has terrific new neighbors and cohorts. It's fun to hear her good reports about your state.

thanks for the nice words ury. I have a brother that lives in Flower Mound. Nice area. I was rooting for your Royals. Sounded like the fans were proud of their Royals even if they didn't win. You all should be proud. It was a good series.

Honored Contributor

On 11/2/2014 sunshine45 said:

spurt, how come you did such an abbreviated pick post? i look forward to your lengthy commentary as i do gardenmans!

Hi Sunshine....thanks for your nice comments.....

Well my picks were abbreviated because of the poofing last week, so I made them short and sweet....more to "test the waters" to see if it was because of picks or something else that caused my post to be poofed last week.....

Hopefully I can go back to my normal commentary as inaccurate as it is....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}Wink

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

On 11/2/2014 meowing kitty said: Arizona Cardinals are number one in the NFC. Who would've thought? Go Cardinals!

The Cards are playing really well. Arians--COACH OF THE YEAR---JMHO!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

On 11/2/2014 annabellethecat said:

The Washington Redskins are finally going good/better (and let's hope the do best).

My daughter lives in Denver. Every week she and her transplant friends from Va travel to the bars with their Redskin (favorite number/player) shirts and root for our 'skins'.

Redskins people are loyal to the core. Can't explain it, doesn't make much sense, but you can stick us anywhere and we'll pull out our jerseys and off we go to root for our skins.

Hooray!

Hi annabellethecat....yep, as we go through another disappointing season....I'll stick with my team and remain loyal (although I'm a realistic fan and will gripe a bit). And we will always have that memory of last Monday night's game to fall back on {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}----HTTR!!!!

And I always have my NBA Spurs to fall back on too......

Trusted Contributor

My darn SF 49ers lost at the very end of the game! Colin K (QB) fumbled the touchdown! I can't believe they didn't even score in the 2nd half. Ugh! I live in AZ and will have to watch the Cardinals all over the media this week.

I personally think Colin K. is over rated and not the up and coming QB that Coach Harbaugh thought. He's a better runner than QB.

Oh well, I miss the old days of Steve Young & Joe Montana!

Respected Contributor

On 11/2/2014 ury said:

teddy, I live about 15 miles east of State Line (KS/MO) in a 100,000+ population town - south of KC proper. My town is included in the 2 million metro KC area population count. Close to urban areas, quaint 'main street' towns, sporting events, theater and concerts and good shopping. Also lots of green spaces and lakes. A short drive will take me to the 'country.' With the exception of 3 c-c-cold winter months, it's a joy to live here. What's your KC connection?

I don't know why I thought you lived in western Kansas. I grew up in a town right by the Stadium and moved to KS - the other side of State Line a few miles, about 35 years ago. It sounds like we lived pretty close if you grew up where I did. I was right on the border of KC.

Honored Contributor

Baltimore goes to Pittsburgh for the Sunday night game. This should be a good game. I was writing Pittsburgh off a few weeks ago, but they've pulled things together the last few weeks. They've surprised me. This is a tossup game to me so I'll go with the home team and take the Steelers. (There's something weird about kicking in that stadium that somehow ends up with a missed field goal for the opposing team at a crucial point.)

My cousin says that when the Steelers start out very slow they always end up winning the super bowl - so lookout, because she is right about that. the Steelers really know how to put the drama in football.

Honored Contributor

that is all i have to say......that and boy were there a lot of penalties!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein