Respected Contributor

Re: Week Nine of the NFL Regular Season!!!

On 11/2/2014 ury said:

Watching Chief's game with husband. Lookin' good. Rephrase -- husband asleep on the sofa and I'm watching the game. Another beautiful fall game in the heartland.

Without saying do you live pretty far west and in a small town? I haven't driven through the state since the 50s.

Honored Contributor

The Washington Redskins are finally going good/better (and let's hope the do best).

My daughter lives in Denver. Every week she and her transplant friends from Va travel to the bars with their Redskin (favorite number/player) shirts and root for our 'skins'.

Redskins people are loyal to the core. Can't explain it, doesn't make much sense, but you can stick us anywhere and we'll pull out our jerseys and off we go to root for our skins.

Hooray!

Trusted Contributor

Cowboys lose, Texans lose. Double dose of defeat for me. But I expected as much.

Esteemed Contributor

teddy, I live about 15 miles east of State Line (KS/MO) in a 100,000+ population town - south of KC proper. My town is included in the 2 million metro KC area population count. Close to urban areas, quaint 'main street' towns, sporting events, theater and concerts and good shopping. Also lots of green spaces and lakes. A short drive will take me to the 'country.' With the exception of 3 c-c-cold winter months, it's a joy to live here. What's your KC connection?

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

WOW......cannot believe how badly the chargers lost......that team is so up and down you just never know with them.

tough loss for the redskins today and i cannot believe they started RG3.

goooooooooooooooooooooooooo RAVENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tonights game will be T-O-U-G-H......i will be the first to admit it and i am nervous. we always play tough and hard. wish it was in our house, but it will be chilly and windy i believe. not so good news also that the bengals AND the browns won their games today. that makes this game even MORE important.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

The Eagles won the game but lost the war. We lost DeMeco Ryans for the year with a torn Achilles. Nick Foles is out 4-6 weeks (or so) with a broken clavicle. Todd Herremans is out for a week or more with a bad ankle/bicep. Injuries aside, it's nice to get the win and assume first place in the NFC East again.

It looks like Mark Sanchez will be the starter for the foreseeable future with Matt Barkley as the backup. (Assuming Chip doesn't promote the young third string guy to first string like some coaches will to keep an experienced backup.) We've still got GJ Kinne on the roster too as a fourth option. Depth at quarterback is kind of important and we've got a ton of it.

Replacing DeMeco will be the big challenge, but we got Mychal Kendricks back as an inside linebacker and while he was out Emmanuel Acho and Casey Matthews got a lot of playing time, so they're ready to go. I think that's three or four inside linebackers we've lost this year though. Two guys on track to make the roster went down in training camp. Kendricks was down for most of the season. Now DeMeco bites the dust. Replacing DeMeco will be a challenge for the Eagles.

That Redskins game was kind of sad at the end when Griffin had Garcon wide open on a fourth down play and threw the ball into the ground at Garcon's feet. Those kind of plays just kill a team. You've got to give the receiver a chance to make the play there.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

On 11/2/2014 yellowrose said:

Cowboys lose, Texans lose. Double dose of defeat for me. But I expected as much.

Yellowrose, my dear friend moved to Dallas / Ft. Worth [Flower Mound]. She loves the Texas pride. Cheers for sports teams from both states and has terrific new neighbors and cohorts. It's fun to hear her good reports about your state.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

On 11/2/2014 gardenman said:

The Eagles won the game but lost the war. We lost DeMeco Ryans for the year with a torn Achilles. Nick Foles is out 4-6 weeks (or so) with a broken clavicle. Todd Herremans is out for a week or more with a bad ankle/bicep. Injuries aside, it's nice to get the win and assume first place in the NFC East again.

It looks like Mark Sanchez will be the starter for the foreseeable future with Matt Barkley as the backup. (Assuming Chip doesn't promote the young third string guy to first string like some coaches will to keep an experienced backup.) We've still got GJ Kinne on the roster too as a fourth option. Depth at quarterback is kind of important and we've got a ton of it.

Replacing DeMeco will be the big challenge, but we got Mychal Kendricks back as an inside linebacker and while he was out Emmanuel Acho and Casey Matthews got a lot of playing time, so they're ready to go. I think that's three or four inside linebackers we've lost this year though. Two guys on track to make the roster went down in training camp. Kendricks was down for most of the season. Now DeMeco bites the dust. Replacing DeMeco will be a challenge for the Eagles.

That Redskins game was kind of sad at the end when Griffin had Garcon wide open on a fourth down play and threw the ball into the ground at Garcon's feet. Those kind of plays just kill a team. You've got to give the receiver a chance to make the play there.

GARDENMAN, if they wanted to salvage the season Washington should've stuck with Colt. The difference in the game was Robert's interception giving the Vikes an easy score.....and the failed 2 point conversion. But it looks like it was the same ole same ole with Robert, he was just darned determined to stay in the pocket (24 yds on 7 rushes---Colt was more mobile) and he hung on the ball way too long our OL looked awful, and on our last chance he threw the ball too low to Garcon. He was pressured all day by the Vikings D, but had a couple of nice long passes to DeSean. .Morris had a decent game, and they didn't abandon the run....But where oh where was the defense that played against Dallas.....they just didn't show up...

Sorry to hear about Foles....but the good thing, is with all of Dallas's ills especially with Romo, it looks like you can stay atop the NFC East while your players heal, because I don't expect too much from the Giants.....but they could surprise me....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}, but they appear to be your only competition in the division right now......

YIKES-what happened to the Chargers....and I see KC had a nice game again....Andy is doing a great job!!!! Shocking score in Foxboro.

CONGRATS TO ALL THE WINNERS!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

spurt, how come you did such an abbreviated pick post? i look forward to your lengthy commentary as i do gardenmans!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I ended up choosing New England in my football picks; went with the home field advantage. I never expected it to be so one sided. The Colts face New England next after having a bye week. I think they'll need the extra time to prepare. At least the game will be played in Indy.

What is happening with the Chargers? I'm not going to be picking them to win games much longer. They are too inconsistent.

Sunshine45, I don't think Pittsburgh will play like they did last week. This game will be a tough one, but Big Ben might have a harder time against the Ravens' defense. Usually AFC North games are close.

I watched the Arizona-Dallas game. It's only halfway through the season, but I'm impressed with Arizona. Bruce Arians has done a nice job with that team. SF lost to the Rams, so that helps the Cardinals even more.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain