Esteemed Contributor

Re: Week Nine of the NFL Regular Season!!!

Reggie Wayne and Vontae Davis will both play Monday. Indy's defense struggled when Davis got hurt last week, so it will be good to have have him back. It's always a positive sign when Wayne plays. For some reason, Hakeem Nicks just hasn't gotten on the same page with Luck. Nicks had a nice catch last Sunday, but overall, has been a disappointment. I would like him to finally break out against the Giants. Bradshaw has been doing well, so I expect him to continue doing so.

Just read that Romo has two fractures in his back, but could possibly play Sunday. What is going on with that? How on earth can Romo expect to play? I don't understand why the team doctor won't step in and stop that. It's too risky; Romo could do some more serious damage. Back injuries are not to be taken lightly.

I'm wondering if De'Angelo Hall's career is up in the air. He had more surgery to repair a torn ACL and will be out for months. It happened when he slipped at home. Just when he got over the first injury.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Esteemed Contributor

Hi SPURT. OK. HTTR! It makes for good theatre at this point.

Now even Breeland is hurt.

Good riddance to Vinny. What a clown. Those were the days, we thought they'd never end . . . and the after effects linger.

Who can forget the Spurrier days??? And the Zorn debacle??? (Won't dis Mr. Gibbs, but what a letdown the second round was - I mean, his first "hire" was Brunell). I see glimpses of a good coach in Gruden but then I read that part of the reason Mach3 is back at the helm is because he (Bobby) insisted on it. I am not sold on anything until, at the very least, the Dannyskins DOMINATE tomorrow. Cold weather in Minnesota - perfect for injuries.

HTTR!

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

And it's game day!!! The Eagles take on the Texans in Texas. This is a game we should (I hope) win. If not the "Nick Foles needs to go" talk will increase. I'm personally not nearly as down on Nick as the rest of the fans/media in the area are. The coaches talked all off-season of Nick needing to take more chances with the ball and become more of a gunslinger and that's exactly what he's doing. I think he'll still be a good quarterback. He's just got to reach a happy medium between too conservative (last year) and too aggressive (this year.) Right now he's tilted a bit too much to the too aggressive side.

Romo is still considered as possible for playing in today's game. Sure, it's not like he's got a couple of broken bones in his back. (Granted they're not critical bones, but they hurt like heck when broken.) The Cowboys have a few critical weeks coming up here. They can keep trotting along, or go south in a big way. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

The second game today will be the Broncos at the Patriots. That should be a fun game to watch. One of the top coaches in the league going head to head with one of the top quarterbacks in the league. (It's really more of a Belicheck VS. Manning than it is Manning VS. Brady.) Manning will be adjusting his offensive calls to what Belicheck's defense shows him and then Belicheck's defense will have to adjust. It'll be fun to see who gets the upper hand in that one.

DeAngelo Hall did the same thing Jason Peters did two years ago and re-tore his Achilles tendon. It hasn't slowed down Jason Peters any, but at the time, people said the second tear could be career ending. I suspect DeAngelo will bounce back fine. Mentally it's toughest knowing you have to start all over again and go even slower this time around.

And we end up the day with the Ravens and Steelers. It should be fun day of football watching. The winds in the northeast are gusting pretty wildly, so games there should be especially entertaining.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Romo is officially out for the game. Good idea, now Weeden will get to show how he can handle the Cardinals.

According to ESPN, some Washington players aren't happy with RG111 starting today. He hasn't gotten along well with others, and there is some discourse in the Washington locker room. Some players are maintaining that RG111 starting is the manager's idea, but the front office is saying that it's Gruden's decision. Who knows what is true? If Washington wins, maybe it will silent some critics. Washington's bus got into an accident on the way to the stadium. Fortunately, no one was hurt, just shaken up. Not a good way to start the day.

My area is either televising Washington-Minnesota or Arizona-Dallas. The paper says one thing, the TV Guide another. The CBS game is San Diego.Miami and later, Denver-New England.

It's snowing in New England. Should be interesting to see how that and the winds affect the game today.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

That RGIII situation will be interesting to watch. Reportedly players were shouting him down while they were trying to interview him. Not just one or two players either, but quite a few. That's not a good sign. If he's managed to turn the team against him then the Redskins might need to turn him loose and find a new guy. It's hard to replace a whole team to keep a quarterback. I'm guessing there's a leadership void there that's allowing this to occur. A good team leader will rally the players around one another and for some players to be openly mocking and dissing a guy in front of the press tells you a lot about the makeup of that team. There's pretty much got to be a gutting of that team and replacing of much of the core to get higher character guys in that locker room no matter what. You just can't have players openly shouting down your starting quarterback. The good news for a QB needy team is that RGIII will likely be available soon at a good price. The bad news is he'll still be fragile and might be a negative locker room presence.

The Cowboys are now talking about benching Romo until after the bye to get him fully (reasonably) healthy. That would be a smarter move. Trying to get him to play today was nuts. Putting him back in the game last week was even dumber.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

On 11/1/2014 Sweetbay magnolia said:

Hi SPURT. OK. HTTR! It makes for good theatre at this point.

Now even Breeland is hurt.

Good riddance to Vinny. What a clown. Those were the days, we thought they'd never end . . . and the after effects linger.

Who can forget the Spurrier days??? And the Zorn debacle??? (Won't dis Mr. Gibbs, but what a letdown the second round was - I mean, his first "hire" was Brunell). I see glimpses of a good coach in Gruden but then I read that part of the reason Mach3 is back at the helm is because he (Bobby) insisted on it. I am not sold on anything until, at the very least, the Dannyskins DOMINATE tomorrow. Cold weather in Minnesota - perfect for injuries.

HTTR!

Hi Sweetbay...yep I was going to mention that.....I think Danny Boy has stayed pretty incognito...I'd hide too if I was him...{#emotions_dlg.laugh}, I was thinking it was more to do with Robert than Danny or the coaches......bit of an overblown ego there....the most unsuccessful QB with the most endorsements.....well Robert ya better make hay while the sun shines, because your future doesn't look so sunny unless your performance improves and you work hard to improve....and don't point the fingers at your team mates, take responsibility {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}.

Well I am an NBA fan, and when former Spurs owner Red McCombs purchased the Vikings, the good people of Minnesota should have listened to him back then and built a new stadium.....he's a smart man. Well they didn't listen, he sold the team to Ziggy, made a fortune in the process, Ziggy didn't press the issue, the roof collapsed and they had no choice but to build a new stadium....In the meantime the fans and players will pay the price and play in those freezing temperatures.......at least the Redskins are playing them in the fall....can't wait to see those January games. They should've listened to Red McCombs---THEIR OWN FAULT! {#emotions_dlg.glare}

Well at least Joe got them to the playoffs with virtually NO TALENT AT ALL!!!! ---actually it was probably one of his best coaching feats since he had so little to work with ...thanks to Danny & Vinny! And you saw the immediate collapse after Gibbs left!!! SO SAD!

I think Gruden has been a decent coach so far, and I think Danny has to stay out of the picture, and if we draft well....things could improve.....to quote John Lennon, "People say I'm a dreamer......"{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

And they are still listing Breeland as questionable.....ARRRGGHHH!!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

On 11/2/2014 gardenman said:

That RGIII situation will be interesting to watch. Reportedly players were shouting him down while they were trying to interview him. Not just one or two players either, but quite a few. That's not a good sign. If he's managed to turn the team against him then the Redskins might need to turn him loose and find a new guy. It's hard to replace a whole team to keep a quarterback. I'm guessing there's a leadership void there that's allowing this to occur. A good team leader will rally the players around one another and for some players to be openly mocking and dissing a guy in front of the press tells you a lot about the makeup of that team. There's pretty much got to be a gutting of that team and replacing of much of the core to get higher character guys in that locker room no matter what. You just can't have players openly shouting down your starting quarterback. The good news for a QB needy team is that RGIII will likely be available soon at a good price. The bad news is he'll still be fragile and might be a negative locker room presence.

The Cowboys are now talking about benching Romo until after the bye to get him fully (reasonably) healthy. That would be a smarter move. Trying to get him to play today was nuts. Putting him back in the game last week was even dumber.

Well D. Hall was the leader in the locker room....of course he got injured, and the pizza incident caused a re-injury...SHEESH!!! There was a definite void created when Fletcher left....Ryan Clark rallied the troops last week and did a good job.....but on offense---that is the question...DeSean isn't going to open his mouth and face the criticism and perhaps a diva moniker.....Morris is too quiet....Reed hasn't played long enough....Garcon spoke up once and got criticized....I think the team rallied around Colt, but Robert wants to play and well you know how that goes...somewhere Mike Shanahan is smiling....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

On 11/2/2014 teganslaw said:

Romo is officially out for the game. Good idea, now Weeden will get to show how he can handle the Cardinals.

According to ESPN, some Washington players aren't happy with RG111 starting today. He hasn't gotten along well with others, and there is some discourse in the Washington locker room. Some players are maintaining that RG111 starting is the manager's idea, but the front office is saying that it's Gruden's decision. Who knows what is true? If Washington wins, maybe it will silent some critics. Washington's bus got into an accident on the way to the stadium. Fortunately, no one was hurt, just shaken up. Not a good way to start the day.

My area is either televising Washington-Minnesota or Arizona-Dallas. The paper says one thing, the TV Guide another. The CBS game is San Diego.Miami and later, Denver-New England.

It's snowing in New England. Should be interesting to see how that and the winds affect the game today.

Hey Tegan, I wrote you a note and it got poofed, but I think I know why this time...it had to do with the shouting match between the Cowboys Dez Bryant and teammate John Randle (the thief) and they were each talking about the other's past incidents....I guess they are considered "too controversial" and thus against the standards. Oh well....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I'm glad to hear that Reggie Wayne is going to play, he gives your offense an added dimension. And on the NFL Network, Kurt Warner gave his QB mid season award to ANDREW LUCK---I thought it would be Peyton considering he broke the record and all.....

We got Chargers/Miami and Dallas/Cards....and then Pats/Broncos--I just LOVE LOVE LOVE those snow games....{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

And who knows Weeden could become the next Clint Longly....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

GOOD LUCK TO ALL (except GO CARDS) {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Respected Contributor

Going to have to pick the Chiefs again. I can't believe it's 60 outside since it was 24 yesterday. Look at all that red.

The next game looks good Denver and New England.

Esteemed Contributor

Watching Chief's game with husband. Lookin' good. Rephrase -- husband asleep on the sofa and I'm watching the game. Another beautiful fall game in the heartland.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau