Honored Contributor

Re: Week Four of the NFL Regular Season!!!

On 9/28/2014 sunshine45 said:

by the way SPURT and other redskins fans.....so sorry that they lost the other night. i thought that the tide would turn after that popped ball out of the players hands while in the end zone.....unfortunately it went all eagles after that!

Hey Sunshine---I meant to say Steve Smith SR.... I guess I am not good a typing and watching NFL pregame....I just can't multi-task!

CONGRATS on your win!

The other night was a debacle --- ARRRGGGHHH my Redskins and I had to hear it from my DS the Giant fan too... Thanks for your sympathy.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

I just could not watch the 2nd half of the Cowboy game. I was so afraid of a replay of the Houston/Buffalo game from so many years ago. I just couldn't handle that twice in one lifetime. The greatest comeback record still hasn't been broken, and the thought that it could be broken against Dallas had me turning the TV off. LOL But I did copy and watch after game was over. Wish we could had kept the Saints from scoring those 17 points, but I'll take this win and be very happy. I'm keeping my feet grounded. This is just one game. The tough part of our schedule still remains. We haven't played any divisional rivals yet, and those are always hard games.

So the Texans won, but I wasn't impressed. JJ Watt can't do it all by himself. I have to hope the Texans don't improve until after next week since it's the battle of my two teams, but my heart is with the Boys. JJ Watt jersey will stay home. I have tickets for this one.

Haven't seen the Steelers play, so I don't know what's up with them. They ruined my perfect weekend.

It pained me to root for the 49ers, but I had to. I'm happy to know the Eagles ARE beatable.

Congrat Winners!

Esteemed Contributor

YellowRose, what a game the Cowboys played, I recorded last weeks when they came back from behind and recorded this game as well. It was amazing and I was so glad we redeemed ourselves from last year.

Honored Contributor

On 9/29/2014 yellowrose said:

I just could not watch the 2nd half of the Cowboy game. I was so afraid of a replay of the Houston/Buffalo game from so many years ago. I just couldn't handle that twice in one lifetime. The greatest comeback record still hasn't been broken, and the thought that it could be broken against Dallas had me turning the TV off. LOL But I did copy and watch after game was over. Wish we could had kept the Saints from scoring those 17 points, but I'll take this win and be very happy. I'm keeping my feet grounded. This is just one game. The tough part of our schedule still remains. We haven't played any divisional rivals yet, and those are always hard games.

So the Texans won, but I wasn't impressed. JJ Watt can't do it all by himself. I have to hope the Texans don't improve until after next week since it's the battle of my two teams, but my heart is with the Boys. JJ Watt jersey will stay home. I have tickets for this one.

Haven't seen the Steelers play, so I don't know what's up with them. They ruined my perfect weekend.

It pained me to root for the 49ers, but I had to. I'm happy to know the Eagles ARE beatable.

Congrat Winners!

At this time we're beating ourselves more than anyone else is beating us. Injuries and mistakes have us in retreat, but I'm pretty confident the team will pull out of this funk. This week we should be back to three of our starting offensive linemen starting in their normal spots. That's an increase of two from last week when only Jason Peters was starting in his normal spot. We'll be back to our first string right offensive tackle and right guard back on the field along with Peters. We were down to our fourth ranked right offensive tackle there for a game or two. Losing one starter on the offensive line can be an issue, losing four is a disaster. We're getting two of those four back this week and hopefully the last two around week nine or ten. The Eagles are in survival mode right now with so many guys injured, but the scheme is solid. We've got receivers breaking open, defenses are still on their heels. We just need Nick Foles to shake out of his funk and for the line to start making blocks.

If you listen to the local media you'd think the Eagles were 1-3 instead of 3-1. If we keep winning three out of every four games, we'll be fine. We've got the Rams this week, the Giants the next, then our bye. There are no automatic wins, but those are both winnable games at home. After that we could be getting Jason Kelce back as our starting center. That will help to solidify the line even more and then a week or two later, Evan Mathis should be back giving us all five starters on the offensive line again. Assuming the team doesn't roll over and play dead between now and then, the Eagles should be in good shape.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

I was a bit concerned that New Orleans would start scoring. The two touchdowns made me nervous. I had chosen Dallas in my football picks, so wanted them to win.

What is going on with the Patriots? I never expected them to get blown out like that. Is Kansas City getting that good or was this just a fluke? This past week in the NFL has been crazy, to say the least. Belichick needs to go back to the drawing board, or something.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

oh my......i have to say that that game made me laugh out loud numerous times last night. it became a comedy of errors. the patriots just didnt look good at all and brady looked like he wanted to cry! congratulations to the chiefs fans on that big sweet win last night.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I hit "submit" too soon. The Colts released WR Da"Rick Rodgers for "Detrimental behavior to the team." He was arrested for a dui on the University of Indiana campus. He had talent, but apparently wasn't too bright. Another player, Purifoy, was with Da"Rick, but I'm not sure what will happen to him. Rodgers had issues before, but the Colts took a chance on signing him. Now it's all over.

LaRon landry has been suspended four games for PEDs. The drama continues....

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Trusted Contributor

I really liked the way they did the Star Spangled Banner last night with the military band and the crowd actually singing. I wish we would get back to that.

The Rams looked really good last night, and NE didn't. Think that's the worse I'm seen NE play.

So Morris Claiborne is out for us the rest of the season. I'm sorry for him, but for us I don't think it's that big of a loss. He wasn't even suppose to start Sunday night, since he lost the starting position, but for whatever reason he did start.

Anyone interested in any NFL shirt, Fanatics have free shipping with no minimum with code "fallshipfree" Ends today. I picked up a double sided long sleeve tee.

Respected Contributor

On 9/28/2014 teganslaw said:

What is with all these high scoring games this week? I'm watching the Cowboys demolishing the Saints. New Orleans looks lost out there; they have no idea how to stop Dallas. If this continues, Rob Ryan isn't going to stay long as DC. Dallas needs more games like this.

Disgusted Saints fan here. Their defense is horrible this year and Rob Ryan definitely needs to go. There were words on the sideline again this week between Sean P. and Rob Ryan. I suspect his days in New Orleans are numbered - can't be too soon for me. I think his unkept look shows a lack of concern for his position, but that's just a gal's point of view I know.

The defense wasn't the only problem. The game plan was hopeless. Special teams were shameful, the kicking wasn't great and the offense didn't do anything praiseworthy. I don't know what the problem is with the enthusiasm this year, but everything seems to be wrong with the Saints. I don't think Tom Benson is going to tolerate this for very long. I know the fans won't.

BTW, for those who hate this "Who Dat" stuff, you're not alone. I and many like me, find it embarrassing. Sounds stupid and totally annoying.

Honored Contributor

I think the Saints and Patriots are both suffering from similar issues and that's the loss of veteran leadership. The Patriots traded Logan Mankins and the Saints traded away Darren Sproles and let Malcolm Jenkins leave in free agency and I think those player losses, while beneficial to the salary cap, have damaged the team chemistry. Neither of those teams looks like they did the year before and I'm guessing those lost players are a big part of the reason why. I know Sproles and Jenkins have been huge pickups for the Eagles.

Rob Ryan is probably doing with the Saints what Buddy Ryan did with the Eagles and that's pit the offense against the defense. That whole Ryan family coaching philosophy seems to be to sow seeds of discord between your two major components and hope the animosity carries over to the field.

The Raiders have started the purging early this year firing head coach Dennis Allen just four weeks into the season. I'd be surprised if he's the only coach heading out of town this off season. Things could get pretty ugly with coaches leaving all over the place.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!