Honored Contributor

Re: Week Four of the NFL Regular Season!!!

And it's game day!!! We get the Bears/Packers as the early game followed by the Eagles/Niners and then tonight the Cowboys/Saints. That sounds like three good games to watch.

I'm still optimistic that the Eagles will have a big day today. I think the Niners will cheat their linebackers up to take away the run game (same thing we've seen all season) and we should be able to sneak our tight ends (Ertz/Celek) and slot receiver (Jordan Matthews) behind them and in front of the safeties. If we catch a safety cheating up those guys have the speed to run by them and hit the home run. Expect this to be a very high scoring game. (Now watch the final be 13-10.) The Eagles defenders are getting a little tired of the negativity coming their way (no sacks, lots of open receivers, etc.,) so I expect to see a bit of fire from them today. I'm pretty sure everyone on the Eagles' roster has looked to this game as a measuring stick game and they want to prove to teh league that they're a force to be reckoned with.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

On 9/27/2014 yellowrose said:

Dec. 4th on NBC sports network. "Still Standing, the Earl Campbell Story" So I know nobody but me cares about this. I got a little teary eyed just from the preview - so silly. Going to be a great walk down memory lane for me, and I may even catch a glimpse of myself shaking my pom pom in the crowd, if I can recognize myself. LOL Luv Ya Blue!

Cowboys NEED to beat the Saints. Payback after losing in OT on my birthday last year. Worse part besides losing was leaving the stadium having to listen to Who Dat. Texans looked terrible last week. I'm really not expecting a win from either team, but I'm open to being pleasantly surprised.

GOOO COWBOYS, GOOO TEXANS

enjoy your games everyone

Hi yellowrose----

Oh Earl Campbell---the Oilers and Luv Ya Blue days---such memories--that should be an interesting piece on Earl so you are not alone there. A bunch of us made many trips to Houston to see the Oilers at the old Astrodome---not that we were Oiler fans ..... we just wanted to see some NFL and the Oilers were a neutral team...unlike the Cowboys Wink

Enjoy your NFL day!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

On 9/28/2014 gardenman said:

And it's game day!!! We get the Bears/Packers as the early game followed by the Eagles/Niners and then tonight the Cowboys/Saints. That sounds like three good games to watch.

I'm still optimistic that the Eagles will have a big day today. I think the Niners will cheat their linebackers up to take away the run game (same thing we've seen all season) and we should be able to sneak our tight ends (Ertz/Celek) and slot receiver (Jordan Matthews) behind them and in front of the safeties. If we catch a safety cheating up those guys have the speed to run by them and hit the home run. Expect this to be a very high scoring game. (Now watch the final be 13-10.) The Eagles defenders are getting a little tired of the negativity coming their way (no sacks, lots of open receivers, etc.,) so I expect to see a bit of fire from them today. I'm pretty sure everyone on the Eagles' roster has looked to this game as a measuring stick game and they want to prove to teh league that they're a force to be reckoned with.

We got Packers/Bears and Niners/Eagles and on CBS Texans/Bills...and of course Saints/Boyz....

The 49ers/Eagles will be very interesting to watch and should be a good game......and JMHO but I think a BIG game for the 49ers....and also a good test for their coach too.......and as you pointed out Gardenman a statement for the Eagles's defense too....and we will see if the Eagles shake off their habit of getting off to a slow start

BTW Gardenman---why did Cousins resort to the bad habit of telegraphing the receiver he was throwing too....the pressure, wanting to make something happen....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

goooooooooooooooooooooo RAVENS!!!!!!!!!

liking steve smith sr more and more every week and of course justin tucker and his leg!Wink

last weeks game was a nailbiter and my heart JUST recovered from that. lets see what happens today. we have panthers/ravens of course (not sure why our area doesnt have a 1:00pm game scheduled on FOX also), then eagles/49ers on FOX. it doesnt really matter though because we have redzone.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

On 9/28/2014 sunshine45 said:

liking steve smith sr more and more every week and of course justin tucker and his leg!Wink

last weeks game was a nailbiter and my heart JUST recovered from that. lets see what happens today. we have panthers/ravens of course (not sure why our area doesnt have a 1:00pm game scheduled on FOX also), then eagles/49ers on FOX. it doesnt really matter though because we have redzone.

Hi Sunshine.....Rich Eisen was showing Steve Smith Jr arriving for the game....and he said some celebrity (didnt catch the name) was a Raven's fan and tweeted, "he's hoping for a lot of senior moments....".....{#emotions_dlg.laugh} Blame Gardenman if you happen lose just saying....Wink

Regular Contributor

We are Nashvillians, but my husband grew up in Rockville, MD. Thus, he is a diehard Maryland Terps and Washington Redskins fan. He is kind of alone here with the Titans fans. He does NOT cheer for the Titans, because he really feels that most of the fans here grew up cheering for another team. He considers them traders. In fact, he calls the Titans the "Houston Rejects"!! The 3 teams he cheers for are (1) The Redskins, (2) Whoever is playing Dallas, and (3) Whoever is playing the Titans. No matter how rough the season goes, he wears his Redskins jersey and prays for a victory. Come on 'Skins, pull it together!!

Honored Contributor

On 9/28/2014 SPURT said:
On 9/28/2014 sunshine45 said:

Hi Sunshine.....Rich Eisen was showing Steve Smith Jr arriving for the game....and he said some celebrity (didnt catch the name) was a Raven's fan and tweeted, "he's hoping for a lot of senior moments....".....{#emotions_dlg.laugh} Blame Gardenman if you happen lose just saying....Wink

Embedded image permalink

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

by the way SPURT and other redskins fans.....so sorry that they lost the other night. i thought that the tide would turn after that popped ball out of the players hands while in the end zone.....unfortunately it went all eagles after that!

Honored Contributor

Some interesting officiating in the Bears/Packers game. I'm guessing those officials won't get good grades this week. The early picks are going my way so far.
Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

wooohooooooo ravens looked GOOD today......we had a solid win AND we can be happy that the steelers lost their game! it was a double good day.

we can make it a triple if the chargers come off with a win!

CHEERS!