Honored Contributor

Re: WIRELESS TENS Users?

[ Edited ]

@poppinfresh wrote:

I had a Tony LIttle 10's unit, and while I think it helped, the wires more than got in my way, so I sent it back and opted for a wireless unit. I was so excited to get it, but...wasn't even close to the ones with wires. No programs, just could up the intensity or drop it down, and to be truthful, except for the first couple of minutes, the intensity didn't feel any different, regardless of what speed you had it set on. I think the wireless is an amazing idea,, but I have to say they aren't near what the ones with wires are. The replacement pads are also quite expensive. I only used the unit twice and the pad wouldn't stick any longer. And, if you have dexterity issues, every time you want to re-run the program, there is a little teeny tiny button on the unit that you have to find and push, before the remote will turn back on. I will go back to my 10's with the wires.

@poppinfresh, there are a few different companies who make these. I ruled out ones users said were weak, or only have one program/speed. Some of them work the same (they look identical), but the one I ordered is different, and part of the reason I chose it is because it's not like several others. Fingers crossed. I bought it on Amazon, so no problem if I decide I want to return it.

I too had a Tony Little unit and was not unhappy with it *except* for the wires. But, the wires kept me from using it, so will try this. Just now I'm in too much discomfort not to try.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Super Contributor

Moonchilde, when you get yours, would you mind posting bacck and letting me know which one you got and how you like it?

Honored Contributor

@poppinfresh wrote:

Moonchilde, when you get yours, would you mind posting bacck and letting me know which one you got and how you like it?

Sure! I should get it late tomorrow, I think.

Super Contributor

Thank you!!

Respected Contributor

I have the regular type and have never had any problem using it! Mine is quite old and probably needs new sticky pads, but I've had no problems! I have a script from my doc just in case my ins. will pay for it, but I haven't looked into it yet. I think they run about $250 but I'm sure they will come down soon!

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Honored Contributor

@Imadickens, the vast majority of just TENS units, without EMS combined, are well under $100. I couldn't even find one over $170 max. Most are in the $25-75 range, even from medical supply companies.

Honored Contributor

@poppinfresh

I might not try it out tonight, but will try to before bed. Three pieces need to charge, and they don't charge quickly.  Comes in a sturdy small box I will keep, as the innards of the box are well-designed to store everything neat and tidy. Nothing looks/feels cheap. Comes with a quick-start guide and a manual, but there is also a bit more operating instruction on the company website.

The name of the device is: 

Drive Painaway Pro

The company is Drive Medical (large well-known seller of lots of durable medical goods). You can google the company or look on Amazon. It looks to me like some of the people on Amazon who had issues didn't have the info on the website and that was added later by the company. And as always, looks like some people just didn't follow directions. Fingers crossed!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Last night at the grocery store, after I pushed all of the dogs aside, I saw a  large display of an Aleve Tens unit with a remote control.  I think it was $55.

Good luck with yours, @Moonchilde

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tansy, the Aleve one is identically to a couple of other brands I saw that seem identical - must be the same manufacturer. Quite a few people said the main component that you would stick on your back was heavy and kept falling off when they moved, and that the ends kept curling away from your body so the unit didn't want to stay on, so I elected not to try that kind for those reasons. It is a good price though - $40 at A*

The wireless ones have the part(s) that does/do the tingly work in "transceivers" that snap onto the pads. Unlike regular units with wires, these pieces are larger (thicker) and heavier than just wires & pads. So there has to be a balance of big "enough" without being too big.

Honored Contributor

IMG_3581.JPG