Super Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE JULY EXERCISE THREAD

I am starting a 30 day challenge of swimming everyday. Last year it ended when I stepped on a bee coming out of the pool. My hair will taking a beating because my swim cap leaks but I will get a nice haircut in the fall.
Honored Contributor

Happy Sunday!

Did Group Core and got some weight training in. I am going to save my hike for tomorrow so it counts on next week's minutes. I am well over my 150 for this week. 

Enjoy your day! 

Trusted Contributor

@Laura14  interested in how you make a schedule for your workouts.. Do you have an app- do you figure out weekly , a plan?  Curious. You stick to it...and balance accordingly.

@kate2357  8 mile hike- sounds ideal.. I hope to get back to it. Both my hiking friends are out of commision so to speak.. One with a heart problem and  the other busy with a home she is trying to make into an Airbnb. There are a couple of places I dare go by myself.. I need to get doing that...

How is Jack doing these days?

Today it's supposed to be in the 70's - glorious! And I think I'll bike. Since covid, I haven't pedaled. But feel good enough to go again. Tomorrow I have my grandson for half a day- that's good cardio, right? HA!

@Pixie12   I used to be a swimmer. Got away from it and I dont' own a suit now. Its wonderful exercise.. I hail from upstate NY and swimming was in a lake more than a pool. I miss that.. fresh water and paddling around.   I even took classes to be a lifeguard, but never hired on anywhere..  

Have a good Sunday.

Honored Contributor

@violet runner I subscribe to Mossa on Demand and pick a workout almost every day. They have more than I would ever have time to try, but I like their weight training, group fight, core, and step workouts along with biking for cardio. I still need to make a habit for their pilates/yoga classes, but I haven't gotten that routine down yet. 

The hiking I do on my own as my me time and I just love to be out in the woods. It reminds me of my childhood in Jersey. Mondays are fairly slow at work so I find I can do it then after I get off to kick off my week and that gives me almost all of my 150 minutes for the week and takes a lot of the pressure off to perform and keep up. It's also less traveled on Monday afternoons which I enjoy. 

Some method to my exercise madness... Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Good morning, all.  The weather is better here but the humidity doesn't seem to want to go away.  I wish there were a place to live where everything was perfect...weather, healthcare, kindness, honesty were all in place so that peace of mind was a given.  The older I get, the more I see wrong.  Maybe I was half blind in my early years.

Going to Vegas in August....for my granddaughter's birthday who is my namesake.  It's so hot there in August that I basically stay inside.  But I can't pass up an opportunity to see all three of the grands there.  My son in San Diego always drives to Vegas when I'm there so I get to see him, too.  He bought my ticket so there's no turning around.  My Vegas daughter in law told me that she thinks the San Diego son wants me to meet his girlfriend because they're very chummy.  I hope she's a nice woman and not psycho like the girl a couple of years ago who he had to get a restraining order against. Long, sad story that involved her claiming he attacked her.  But he was the one scratched up.  She got arrested because my son had a witness not to mention she had been arrested years ago for the same thing with her former husband.  So that's why I say this new girl is normal.  My nerves can't take it.

Other than run over to Kohl's Dept Store to return an Amazon item, I'm in for the day.  I don't often do returns but I love that Amazon makes it so easy.  Enjoy your day.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Good morning!

@Pixie12  - congrats on starting your swimming challenge.  That is such great exercise.  Keep us posted.

This morning I did the upper body exercises on my strength bands.  Followed the guide that came with them so not sure how long it takes me.  Then I did 20 minutes on the Cubii.  Moved my arms the whole time to get some cardio in and my Fitbit said that I got in 15 minutes of cardio which was fine with me.

It has finally cooled down here today.  Supposedly will start heating up again on Tuesday so I'm going to enjoy the next couple of days.

Have a good Sunday!  

Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie If we see you throwing underwear at the Magic Mike show in Vegas, make sure you post that as your new avatar! 🤣 Seriously, that sounds like a nice vacation to look forward to. Enjoy! 

@JudyL I am melting here. Our spit shower yesterday did nothing. Went for a walk around the block and thought I'd make a couple trips around, but it is way hot with no shade. I am now inside and enjoying it. 

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@Mmsfoxxie If we see you throwing underwear at the Magic Mike show in Vegas, make sure you post that as your new avatar! 🤣 Seriously, that sounds like a nice vacation to look forward to. Enjoy! 

@JudyL I am melting here. Our spit shower yesterday did nothing. Went for a walk around the block and thought I'd make a couple trips around, but it is way hot with no shade. I am now inside and enjoying it. 

@Laura14  - You also have awful humidity right?  I'm so thankful that we don't have that.  Here in the Bay Area and especially since I live 2 blocks from the Bay, it gets over 75 tand we all start complaining about the heat.  I listened to my DD in May and bit the bullet and bought a portable AC unit but even on our hottest day recently - 96 degrees - that poor AC unit couldn't cool down my living/dining room lower than 85 degrees.  However, with it being 96 outside, it would have been much worse in here had I not had the AC unit so I'll cut it some slack.  I told a friend last night that I'm already done with summer and we haven't even gotten to our warmest month yet, which is usually September into early Oct.  Take care and stay out of the heat today.

Honored Contributor

@Laura14  😂😂😂😂!  You wouldn't wanna see that.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@JudyL  We do. We had two heat advisories last Thursday and Friday because it felt like 108 even though the temp was in the 90s.

My noon walk today was heavy breathing because the air is hard to breathe. You also have to change clothes a couple times a day because you sweat right through them once you go outside. 

My last few hikes I have wished for the days I was wearing CuddleDuds and the water was frozen over.