Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE JULY EXERCISE THREAD

Happy Tuesday,

Did Core 24 which is the brand new workout this week. Toughie but I kept up with some modifications.

Off to cook some dinner. Hope everyone finds some peace and I'll supply the prayers. Heart

Stay healthy and happy. 

Respected Contributor

Hey everyone, well I didn't do a whole lot today, rebounder on and off, some abs, and that's about it.  

Things are a struggle right now but we some how learn how to continue on.   Just so you know, my immediate family is all okay, but it did effect someone in my family a lot.  

@kate2357  13 miles wow, half a marathon.   You are quite something and I am so impressed.  I hope you and Jack and family have a wonderful 4th of July too!

@DrKelli thank you...my R shoulder was bad yesterday and no reason, I don't know what I did but I could hardly lift a cup into the microwave, same area as always though, the front of the shoulder, better today though.

I really don't care about the 4th honestly, crowds and being hot no thanks.   

Hug your loved ones and if they aren't near please check in on them.

Respected Contributor

@violet runner wrote:

@DrKelli  and @kate2357  good ot hear from you. 

@kate2357  you said you were away- hope it was good for you. Maybe you  meant you went away from social media.. Also can be purging.. HA!  The last time I ever ran 13 miles- I was a young lady... Kudos to you!

@bopper  I hope you and family also give yourself some grace whatever you are going through.  

I am going to the rec center this morning- trying to get back to my normal routine.

I don't feel the strength I had before I had covid last week. Hoping fighting through it and not giving in.The only way is to keep exercising and keep moving. At least I think so. I also will do my chair yoga and get out for a walk later. If there is an upside, I lost 6 pounds! @kate2357 - wish I could have given them to you!!

Have a good day everyone..

Thank you!!

Honored Contributor

Good morning, all.  This weather makes me feel like I'm in Florida....without the crocodiles and those little lizard things that start with a 'g'...gelkos?

@bopper Hope your family issue is getting better.  Glad your alopecia is getting better @DrKelli.  @kate2357, I wish I had your problem, lol.  I know your weight is probably stress related, though.  I was 107 once and looked great but I was twenty so thing.  Got pregnant with my twins and the best I could get to after that was 120.  Decades later, I'm a mess, lol.

Volunteer day so, I have built in walking.  Enjoy your day all.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Good morning!  It is sooo hot here in the Bay Area.  I'm using my new portable AC unit today and so far it seems to be working ok.

@bopper  - I am so sorry to hear your family is going through a difficult time again.  Prayers going your way.

Take care everyone!

Honored Contributor

It's whoop ****** time! I tried a new Fight workout. Not my favorite but I hit my time goal for the week already.

I am off work tomorrow but I will probably be checking in as I am this evening so it won't be a true off day but it's good enough.

The construction woes at the office continue. I walked in this morning and it was raining in the lobby. And the AC that was supposed to be fixed is not. It's almost like I am not supposed to have this job anymore. I don't know how these owners are handling it all. I would have lit a match and retired by now. 

Hope everyone is able to find some peace tonight. Stay strong. Heart Tomorrow is another day. 

Esteemed Contributor

Tuesday I went on a walk with one of my neighbors. We were out about an hour. Didn't feel like much exercise, but it kept me from getting stiff knees. This morning I went on a short run, of about 5 miles. Came home and did some wall sits.

The family is over tomorrow for bbq and then we will chase them off so they can go watch fireworks at someone else's house. Not to be a grinch, but I am not staying up until midnight. Smiley Happy

Hope everyone stays safe and cool tomorrow. 

1000003923.jpg

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Trusted Contributor

Happy 4th everyone.  Finished reading everyone's entries. Hot weather weather keeps affecting most of us.. @JudyL  glad you feeling cooled by your portable A/C.  

While our mornings here in CO are cool ( 60 ) we do heat up to 90 or more most days.

I feel much better now from my brush with the covid beast.. I took the last of  Paxlovid yesterday and  some of the side effects have already subsided.. Because of covid, we declined any gathering this year. So it'll be a quiet 4th with just DH and I. It was our 45th Annv yesterday and I made a nice dinner for us.Enough leftovers today so my cooking is done. At some point we'll go out to eat to celebrate.

I am planning on taking my binocs and walking in nature somewhere. I have 2 ideas.

and I will be doing my chair yoga stretches.  Not as intense as you, @kate2357  and @Laura14  and @bopper , but I gotta make up for  getting sick.. It's what  we do, eh ladies?  My rec center has limited hours- opening @ 10- not planning on going.

Enjoy your day doing whatever makes you feel healthy, whole, centered, and connected!

Honored Contributor

TGIF!

I did the new Group Blast routine this morning before work and I liked it. Only almost killed myself two or three times which is down from much more as I trip over the step while trying to keep up. 

My legs are very tired but getting pretty well defined with all the hiking and kicking and stepping. Still need to get in more strength training. I have to blow the dust off my proper weight routine classes. 

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Respected Contributor

Hello, I didn't post yesterday, time got away from me.   We did go to the parade and walked around our Harbor fest, sat by the water and ended up ordering a pizza and going home.   Almost got poured on too but we got to the car before it came down.

Been keeping up with my workouts, rebounding, pilates, and strength.  I am loving my Bellabooty too, easier to do bridges.

Cool here today, 62 and I know so many are in dangerous heat, please be careful.   Pets too!

Have a good day!