Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE JANUARY EXERCISE THREAD

@bopper 

Very inspiring message -- thank you!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

The first Monday of the New Year! Is your plan in place, have you told yourself I will do my very best to commit to myself, to not let excuses stop you, to always find a way to work around obstacles and not let anyone else influence you or tell you that you can't do this or that?   How we react to others comments is all on us!  Get in the right mind set, the mind control much of how we feel about ourselves, it's actually my first step in bettering my health.

Today will be a 30 minute spin, some floor work with my booty bands, and some reformer.  

Lets have an amazing week!

Frequent Contributor

Hello did 10,000 steps yesterday and 15,000 today I like getting my steps in early.
Esteemed Contributor

@maggie04 

I agree...love getting in my run early in the day. Wasn't able to always do that when I was working, but now that I am retired I can schedule my activities early in the day.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie - where I live in the Bay Area we got over 5 inches of rain in 24 hours.  We have lots of damaged roads, flooded areas, downed trees, etc.  And another big storm is headed our way for Wed and Thursday, break on Friday and some rain on Saturday but another big storm for next Sunday and Monday.

And our reservoirs are only at 34% capacity.  Shows how low they really were!  That's scary!

No exercise for me yet today but maybe I'll squeeze it in later.

Esteemed Contributor

Got in another 90 minute run with hubby today at my favorite local park. I don't go there alone anymore because some crazy dude yells at me that I should die, just die.

Then there are the pet owners who let their dogs run loose. One jumped on my husband and almost knocked my husband over. Hubby was more startled than hurt...we didn't notice the dog coming from behind us. Pet owner didn't even apologize.

As we were driving home my husband said he didn't think I should go to the park by myself. Well duh...it's not like I haven't mentioned the problems before. 🙃 

On a more positive note...I get such a nice release of endorphins after a good run, the jerks at the park didn't put a dent in how great I feel. 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

My Lord, @JudyL!  I hope it stops before extensive damage is done!  When I try to think of a place to live that has no climate issues, I come up empty.  It's either too much rain, too much snow, temps too high, temps too low.  When I was a girl, I don't remember having extreme weather.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@kate2357 - oh goodness I had someone say that to me as I was coming out of a BART station in San Francisco.  Following me all the way to work - which is only a block and a half away from the station - yelling at me all the way.  When I got to my building, I headed straight to the Security Desk and then he backed off.  Apparently, he didn't like me asking him - very politely - to step aside so I could get off the escalator.  He had decided to ride the escalator up to the street and then just stop at the top.  It was either ask him nicely to step aside or I and all the other people behind me were going to run into him and knockk him over.  It was all very unsettling.

Esteemed Contributor

@JudyL 

Unsettling is a very good word for those incidents. They make you question yourself..should I have done or said something else...yadda yadda. But really, what else could you possibly have said? Glad you have office security.

Esteemed Contributor

Happy/Healthy, and Fit New Year to everyone here.

hckynut 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)