Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE JANUARY EXERCISE THREAD

@bopper - let us know what happens re the Court.  They may let you postpone it a few months which would be nice.  As a legal secretary for almost 40 years, there is no way my conscience would let me throw away a jury summons.  LOL  I'd feel so guilty and be so afraid that I'd be writing you all from jail!  HAHAHA

Honored Contributor

Morning, all.

I thought after a certain age, you could not be forced into jury duty.  I've only been called once. And it wasn't downtown, it was way over several suburbs from me.  Only for the case to be dropped.  

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Happy Sunday!

@JudyL  I will, I know I thought of that too.  I'd be the one in contempt of court in jail.  But my friend throws them alway all the time and never has a thing happen.  Hopefully the letter I sent back ( and it was suggested) in the main letter if you felt you couldn't do it lets me off the hook right now.  

@Mmsfoxxie  I think the age cut off is 70 so I have 3 more years.

Still have a very sore tight back so did mobility on the reformer and some light health bouncing and treadmill.  I have to move, my body is used to movement but I make it gentle movement.

Go Eagles!

Esteemed Contributor

Went on a 60 minute run with my son on Sunday morning before football watching palooza commenced. This morning I got in 45 minutes on the rowing machine and may take a walk later when it warms up. 

Have a great Monday.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

Omg, has this month went by fast!  And jammed packed with so many tragedies for people.  Three in my Red Hatter group passed away this month besides other ones I mentioned.

Anyhow.....it's funny that last week, right after I mentioned my neck of the woods not getting snow, what happens?  It snowed several days straight....luckily only a little.  But it was forcast that some parts of town would get as much as six inches Saturday, so I ran to the grocery store that morning.  Didn't get any, lol.

As you can see, I didn't have anything to say, lol.  Enjoy your day, folks.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Good morning all!

@bopper I got a jury summons--the original was for today, but I have 2 doctor's appointments I can't miss this week and if I make it to voir dire--I usually get on a jury.  So I got the date changed and have a court date on February 27.  Hopefully, my number doesn't get called.  I haven't gotten the new summons yet though.  I usually get them every 5 years, but this one was a little less than that.

@violet runner I live in Brighton--so due east of you.

I did teach on Saturday and my legs are super sore today. I don't know why.  I was very lazy the rest of the weekend.  I have a lesson tomorrow and Friday and the showcase on Saturday--no Lablast class because the showcase is literally all day.  It's kind of irritating because I don't want to be there for 8 hours and they spread our studio out between all 5 sections, so if we want to support our fellow students (at our studio), you have to stay most of the day.  I'm going to the section before mine and mine.

I need to do something today.  I have a meeting with the guy that irritates me to death because of how he talks to me.  Maybe I will do a restorative yoga dvd this afternoon and see if I can't loosen up my legs.

It's super cold here--6 below zero right now and the high today is supposed to be 5.  The good news is that after tomorrow, we're going to be in the 40s.

I hope you all have a good day!

Respected Contributor

Happy Monday, It's very very cold here too and some wind.  The wind chill is -6.  I walked outside for about 20 minutes and Logan started lifting his feet so we came back.  

I did to the reformer and the rebounder today with my walking poles, I feel so heavy like I will never be able to lose this weight.  It's hard for me to let it go, bothers me a lot yet I go on having a beer or a cookie.  I mean can't we have ANY?   I know that 80% is diet too I know that, I used to count calories and got so sick of it and my fitness pal and got tired of that too, and I swear I do NOT over eat or eat tons of ****** and you guys know I workout a lot.   Time to accept it is what it is.  I'm going to be 68, I want to enjoy myself but be healthy.  Okay sorry for the whining.

@DrKelli don't let that guy run you under the bus! 

@kate2357  good run today!  You are lucky to be somewhere warm! 

Stay warm everyone

Respected Contributor

Toning Tuesday, Did you do it?

I did the reformer for 30 minutes and the Jetti Poles for 15, short walk in the sunshine and 10 degree air.  I wasn't cold at all though.

Keep on keepin on!

Esteemed Contributor

Yay....January is done and I got thru my no dessert  in January  challenge. Went on a nice, fairly slow 90 minute jog with a friend. Then we hit up a local nursery and cafe (Swanson's) for espresso and then we both purchased a few new flower pots they had on sale.

It's a  couple more months before I can safely plant any flowers...but I am already jazzed for spring. 

On to February!

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."