Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE JANUARY EXERCISE THREAD

Hey hey, this morning I did a 40 minute reformer workout with the Magic circle, then rebounded on the reformer or 30, and 40 minutes of Adriene yoga.  I am committed now to her 30 day program, her voice is so soothing, thank you @JudyL  and  @Laura for encouraging me.  I am never ever sore and I want to be sore.   And no I am not in that great shape.  I just don't understand why.  I noticed on the yoga today which was Day 1  my wrists hurt.  Some other poses my toes hurt curled under and hovering so I modified, and my shoulder rotators hurt..  Hahah I'm a mess, I need this!~ Looking forward to day 30 to see how far I have come.

Sun is out and I think I'll snowshoe.

@DrKelli counting down the days when you will be done!   Let me know how this BB Yoga retreat is for you .    I'm happy I can do my yoga off my big TV using my Roku and going to youtube, its nice to not have to use a tablet.

So happy to see all the faces here.  We got this!

Honored Contributor

@Grouchomarx and @KonaKat so nice to see you posting.  Hang in there with us and you'll get to where you want to be.  So understand motivation leaving.  That happened to me in December and I really had to push myself to start again.

@bopper  YEA  you did Adriene!  So glad you are trying her again.  I know when I first tried doing yoga and it may have been Adriene, I just couldn't get into it.  This time, it is working for me and I do enjoy it.  I'm not doing the 30-day calendar yet.  I'm still doing her beginner's video!  HAHA  Think I'll be doing that for a while before I try a 30-day calendar.  Hoping for February to try that.  I know that my wrists hurt a bit too but it is getting better.  In her beginner's video she does some wrist stretches which may be helping me.  My toes don't always want to curl either but, like you, I modify and still manage to get up into a downward dog - ahhh the names in yoga.  LOL

Hmmm, think I saw YouTube on my Amazon Fire Stick as an App choice.  I may look into that again cuz I would prefer to do Adriene on my tv rather than trying to look at my laptop.

Respected Contributor

@bopper  I have the DVD for yoga retreat.

Also--if you get some yoga blocks (they are foam blocks, you can get them at Amazon), it helps with the wrist pain.  I can't hold poses for long if they are on the floor (hands on floor), but if I use blocks, it changes the trajectory of your wrists.  I can't do burpees on the floor, but if I have a bosu or step, I can do them--same with pushups or plank positions.

Honored Contributor

Wahooo!!  Thank you @bopper  for mentioning you could get YouTube on your Roku.  That got me to thinking that I'd seen it on my Amazon Fire Stick and I was right!  Just downloaded the app and now I'm set to do Adriene on my TV instead of on my laptop, which I will find much easier to do!  Thank you! Thank you!

Also, thanks to @DrKelli  cuz I wondered about yoga blocks so went on Amazon, checked them out, and ordered a set of 2.  Will have them by Saturday.  Think they will make some of the moves easier for me to do.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I did nothing as I have not been feeling well.  I was around a gas leak yesterday and between that and some other things going on, I developed the beginnings of a migraine. 

So far I have beaten it back with ibuprofen and sleep and I am hoping to kick it to the curb and maybe get some yoga in if I can stand it tonight.  I rarely get them and it's usually only in a specific circumstance but I think between the ongoing stress and the gas, it just triggered me. 

Compared to what others are dealing with, I'll shut up.  I know it'll eventually pass.  Anyway, that's why I'm MIA around here as far as exercise. 

Good news is I weighed myself this morning because I was looking smaller than usual.  And I am.  I'm not exactly sure how I lost weight over the holidays although I was pretty careful about tasting everything but overdoing nothing. 

I plan on having a nice lunch today to hopefully help with the headache especially since I'm doing well weight wise.  It's a cheat day within reason. 

I might resurrect my Fitbit knockoff and make sure I am moving enough during the day.  I also want to get back to more variety in my workouts and not just do yoga although it's done wonders for me. 

Glad to see everyone around here moving and grooving.  Have a great Friday!  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!

I think I will join you on the Adriene yoga after the 21 day yoga retreat.

My cough wasn't bad last night, but unfortunately, I woke up at 1:30 and didn't go back to sleep until right before my alarm went off.  This would have been a good day to work from home.

I have my weight workout today, hopefully those endorphines will kick in and I can get with the program.  Unfortunately, I think radiation will ultimately kick my ass. About 2 hours after treatment, I feel very weird--sensitive tissues and weirdness.  I don't even know how to explain it.  The good news is--only 14 more.  The next two weeks will be the worst because I have a full 5 days each week.  This week was only 3 treatments.  But one day at a time.

Have a good weekend all!

Honored Contributor

Good morning!  My abs are still so sore and still feeling it somewhat in my legs.  I must have really worked myself when I did those 2 yoga routines.  HAHA  So this morning I just did a 30 minute Leslie Sansone workout.  Thought I could do a 3-mile workout but nope, been away too long and have lost some of the stamina, etc., that I had so back to the 2-mile workout for a bit.

@Laura14 hope you feel better soon.  My DD and Sister suffer with migraines and have most of their lives so I know how awful they can be.

@DrKelli hang in there, do what you can, and we'll be right here for you, cheering you on.  Just imagine us all around you when you are getting your treatments.   We're with you in spirit all the way.

Wishing everyone a good Friday!

Honored Contributor

Happy New Year everyone!

@bopper Just snow in the mountains....when my husband drives to work (Irvine) he can see snow atop mt baldy.

@Laura14  Yeah on the weight loss!

I did pilates and the rebounder this am.  I have a pinched nerve running down to my big toe at times and a little ankle stiffness, but I'll take it! I have a chiro appt today and hopefully don't have to go back for a month or as needed.

I have been so busy that I don't think I've been out of the house since xmas eve.....I don't even know how that's possible.....need to go to the grocery store....

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

@kimbobimbo Bowflex has a really good elliptical...I think Nordic Track does too.  I wish I had one....

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

Did yoga intend for her day two.  I can't wait for next month when we get a calendar of old videos again.  I am used to switching it up and moving ahead but I guess it's one day at a time for January.  I planked my butt off along with all of you.  She's not going easy on us, is she?

Off to bed to hopefully kick whatever bug I've got.  Have a good night all!